Best Hits of all time In Your Opinion

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Best Hits of all time In Your Opinion

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Spin off from the Castellano thread. Figured it might make good on its own thread.
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Best Hits of all time In Your Opinion

Post by DPG »

Personally, and this may sound stupid, but the Costello hit has always stood out to me. I mean it got the job done and the worst thing that happened was a scratch on Frank's head and an attempted murder charge that went no where. All in all it worked out favorably for everyone involved, even Frank.
I get it....first rule of fight club.
TwoPiece
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TwoPiece »

DPG wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:39 am Personally, and this may sound stupid, but the Costello hit has always stood out to me. I mean it got the job done and the worst thing that happened was a scratch on Frank's head and an attempted murder charge that went no where. All in all it worked out favorably for everyone involved, even Frank.
I would say it was definitely favorable to Frank in the sense that he didn't get his brains blown out all over that lobby :lol:

If I had to pick one I'd say Nicolo Rizzuto.. Sniper shot through the window, that's some action movie shit.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

The two big ones that started it all:
Masseria
then
Maranzano.
Both were huge and dramatic in the
way they were carried out.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

I still think number one is the the Hoffa murder. It's the most famous missing person case in American history(maybe tied with Amelia Earhart). But an incredibly high profile citizen disappeared, we'll never know for sure what happened to him, who was there, and no one was ever charged for it. And all during a time period when the FBI was actively going after the mob.

Second would be the Masseria and Maranzano murders. For how important they were and no repercussions.

I think third is the Castellano/Bilotti hit. The complexity, the number of people involved, the brazenness, and the fact that it worked. Harder to do in the 80s than it was in the 30s.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Id say the Castellano and Bilotti murders, joe scopo’s murder, and salvie testa’s hit. All of those hits were out of Hollywood.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

The three Capo's hit for sure and the Mineo/Ferrigno hit.

I'd also throw the Toto D'Aquila murder in there, the guy was boss of bosses for a long time.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

I would say a current one that left law enforcement absolutely puzzled and clueless with zero leads- Rocco Maniscalco Hit .
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

DPG wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:39 am Personally, and this may sound stupid, but the Costello hit has always stood out to me. I mean it got the job done and the worst thing that happened was a scratch on Frank's head and an attempted murder charge that went no where. All in all it worked out favorably for everyone involved, even Frank.
Hmmm, Gigante just got lucky he stepped down. What if he didnt and went to war or something? Guys have been killed for botching hits, and that was a big fuck up imo.

Gigante is lucky he wasnt clipped
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

slimshady_007 wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:47 pm Id say the Castellano and Bilotti murders, joe scopo’s murder, and salvie testa’s hit. All of those hits were out of Hollywood.
I don't know. The Testa hit really isn't any different than hundreds of others we know about. Guy gets set up to attend a meeting by associate and gets killed when he gets there and gets dumped by the side of a road. Nothing particularly unusual about it.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Even though he was already out of power, the Giancana hit was very interesting. He actually got killed in his own home while his house was supposedly under surveillance and his elderly caretaker was upstairs while it happened. Nobody was ever charged for the murder. It was almost like nobody ever wanted to solve the murder.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Manhattan_
Straightened out

Post by Manhattan_ »

Joe Colombo shot at Unity Day Rally 1971 in front of 50,000 + people , Crazy Joe Gallo clipped at Umbertos Clam House 1972 in front of his Wife and Daughter.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Masseria and Maranzano have both been mentioned, so I'll go with Anastasia. If it didn't happen in real life, it would be almost cinematic the way it goes down. Two men walk into a barbershop in Midtown, the boss unaware until the moment he's shot. Even then the confusion and shock making him punch at the figures in the mirror, before collapsing in a mess of blood and hot towels.
AndyHaHa
Associate

Post by AndyHaHa »

My vote is for Anastasia, the barber shop dynamic does it for me
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Benny Siegal.