Two Plots to Take Over & Unify California (Bompensiero)

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: Two Plots to Take Over & Unify California (Bompensiero)

Post by Snakes »

B. wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:29 am I am way out of my league talking about Alderisio and Chicago, but I didn't necessarily interpret it as him being a boss. He was definitely a representative of the Chicago leadership, though. In the St. Louis thread I also posted some info on his dealings with Tony Giordano, St. Louis boss, where Alderisio was in a similar role during this same time period.
Alderisio got around a lot in those days. He was the main point of contact between Milwaukee and Chicago (hence his nickname, "Milwaukee" Phil) and he also met with the New York families on several occasions, specifically concerning the promotion and fixing of boxing fights.

Even within Chicago itself, his geographic interests were spread out across the city, from the western suburbs to the North Side/Rush Street area to the Loop.

Additionally, I'd like to extend thanks to you and Ed (among others), B. I've learned more about the L.A./California families in the past two days than I have since I began studying the mob.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Antiliar wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:43 am Bill Roemer thought that Alderisio was briefly the boss, but it conflicts with the timeline when Jackie Cerone was boss. Alderisio was sent to prison on Sept 29,1969, and Cerone on May 9, 1970. Cerone had been the boss since 1967 and was seen in high-level meetings with Ricca and Accardo. Officially, Alderisio was the acting capo for Sam Battaglia. Documentation later came out that Battaglia continued to hold his official rank while in prison, so was not replaced until his death. Alderisio was already dead by that point, so Joey Lombardo succeeded him.
Ok thanks. I know I've seen info that Villain supplied that show Cerone being groomed as boss and then becoming boss, succeeding Battaglia. Then there is those charts that have Alderisio as Battaglia's replacement. It would figure it was another Bill Roemer mistake lol. So Alderisio at that time was probably either Roselli's boss or representing the top bosses at that meeting. Living in the Chicago suburbs all my life, obviously my interest in the LCN comes from the Outfit. When I seen that Alderisio went to NY, I thought maybe there was some truth to him being boss at that time.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Alderisio was named as boss for a brief period by an informant (probably Blasi) in the late sixties. But as Antilliar already mentioned, the timeline doesn't really match up. Cerone and Alderisio were both under indictment at the time, and I believe Alderisio had even been convicted of the extortion rap in Colorado and was out on bail pending appeal. It could be that he briefly acted as boss but it's difficult to pin down an exact period without further information.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Snakes wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:54 am Alderisio was named as boss for a brief period by an informant (probably Blasi) in the late sixties. But as Antilliar already mentioned, the timeline doesn't really match up. Cerone and Alderisio were both under indictment at the time, and I believe Alderisio had even been convicted of the extortion rap in Colorado and was out on bail pending appeal. It could be that he briefly acted as boss but it's difficult to pin down an exact period without further information.
Yes I've even seen charts with Alderisio succeeding Cerone. I know we had a big discussion about this on another thread. I'll have to find which one and reread it. I think at the time I thought that it was possible that Alderisio could have been boss for a hot minute. Maybe it was when Battagliawent to jail and Ricca and Accardo made their plans on who would be the next boss.
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

By any chance does anybody have thoughts on the Trafficante family still active?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

NothingNew44 wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:40 pm By any chance does anybody have thoughts on the Trafficante family still active?
There may be a few old-timers left but as a functional family, they are finished.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Snakes wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:54 am Alderisio was named as boss for a brief period by an informant (probably Blasi) in the late sixties. But as Antilliar already mentioned, the timeline doesn't really match up. Cerone and Alderisio were both under indictment at the time, and I believe Alderisio had even been convicted of the extortion rap in Colorado and was out on bail pending appeal. It could be that he briefly acted as boss but it's difficult to pin down an exact period without further information.
I reread an earlier thread and the theory based on evidence had Alderisio being Underboss and Cerone being boss and Ricca and Accardo as the two top bosses.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Antiliar wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:43 am Documentation later came out that Battaglia continued to hold his official rank while in prison, so was not replaced until his death.
Im not saying that I believe in it or its true but Ive also seen some similar references regarding Giancana too. Like for example he allegedly nixed one contract during the 70s
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Regarding Alderisios position...well according to one informant, during the late 60s Buccieri was the so-called "relay man" and on top of that during that same period both Buccieri and Cerone somehow broke off from the Giancana/Battaglia regime mainly because they were very dissatisfied with their previous leadership

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... x_buccieri
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I know this isn't the mugshot section but figured this was relevant enough to post in the thread. Frank LaPorte is second from the left. Bompensiero is on the far right.
47683741_2243900975878112_9150100672174096384_n.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Snakes wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:58 pm I know this isn't the mugshot section but figured this was relevant enough to post in the thread. Frank LaPorte is second from the left. Bompensiero is on the far right.

Definitely relevant. Great photo -- thanks for posting it. Appears to have been taken in Tijuana where many of these guys had interests and liked to party.
Eline2015
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Eline2015 »

Snakes wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:58 pm I know this isn't the mugshot section but figured this was relevant enough to post in the thread. Frank LaPorte is second from the left. Bompensiero is on the far right.

Frank Coppola is far left and other is Al Pilloto
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Yeah, Al Pilotto is second from right, thanks. I think this may have been posted here before, actually.

It was in Tijuana, B, you're right.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I don't see Frank Coppola, at least not the one who was deported to Tijuana.
Eline2015
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Eline2015 »

B. wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:07 pm I don't see Frank Coppola, at least not the one who was deported to Tijuana.
This photo was first published in “Bad Bad Boy”, where was dated that this guy in glasses is Frank Three fingered coppola