Akron Ohio + Italian mafia

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Alex_727
Prospect

Re: Akron Ohio + Italian mafia

Post by Alex_727 »

Yes.
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

I asked last night of a Friend of My Wife and I if she has any Pictures of Rocco. She said she would look, but with all the random parties and get togethers it may take her a while to find any pictures.

Liberty Vending is still an active concern at least on paper. I don't know how much activity that Liberty Vending has going currently.
Know which Game to Play
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

Here is a picture of a Document of the 1976 Tax Case that shows the Ownership of each of the individuals involved in each Company. Notice the name Rocco A. Ferruccio not Rocco M.

Just a side note Rocco M. was named for his Grandfather Rocco Macri Ferruccio Born 1882 Died 1926. Rocco the Grandfather had 11 Children. Rocco, the Grandfather came here in 1904.

Click on the Image it will flip right side up.
20181207_141030.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Know which Game to Play
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

FriendofFamily wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:49 pm Here is a picture of a Document of the 1976 Tax Case that shows the Ownership of each of the individuals involved in each Company. Notice the name Rocco A. Ferruccio not Rocco M.

Just a side note Rocco M. was named for his Grandfather Rocco Macri Ferruccio Born 1882 Died 1926. Rocco the Grandfather had 11 Children. Rocco, the Grandfather came here in 1904.

20181207_141030.jpg
Rocco Macri (real last name, don’t know where Ferruccio came from) was actually born in 1893 in Scilla, Reggio Calabria, Italy according to several other documents. The Rocco Ferruccio you are referring to in 1882 is from Campobasso which is central Italy. Ferrucci is a much more common Italian last name, never seen the name Ferruccio in Italian records/genealogy.

Per the 1920 census, Rocco Macri Ferrucci was 30 years old with his wife Teresa, his son Pasquale and daughters. Also, according to another WW1 registration, he was born on October 18, 1893 and is listed as Rocco Macri. Let me know if you want me to email documents to you for proof. Because we have conflicting documents of a Rocco born in 1882 and 1893, we cannot be 100% certain that the Rocco born in 1882 is the one we are looking for. His death certificate lists him born in 1883.
Last edited by JCB1977 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

JCB1977 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:32 am
FriendofFamily wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:49 pm Here is a picture of a Document of the 1976 Tax Case that shows the Ownership of each of the individuals involved in each Company. Notice the name Rocco A. Ferruccio not Rocco M.

20181207_141030.jpg
Rocco Macri (real last name, don’t know where Ferruccio came from) was actually born in 1893 in Scilla, Reggio Calabria, Italy according to several other documents. The Rocco Ferruccio you are referring to in 1882 is from Campania, which is central Italy. Ferrucci is a much more common Italian last name, never seen the name Ferruccio in Italian records/genealogy.

Per the 1920 census, Rocco Macri Ferrucci was 27 years old with his wife Teresa, his son Pasquale and daughters. Also, according to his WW1 registration, he was born on October 18, 1893 and is listed as Rocco Macri. Let me know if you want me to email documents to you for proof. Because we have conflicting documents of a Rocco born in 1882 and 1893, we cannot be 100% certain that the Rocco born in 1882 is the one we are looking for. His death certificate lists him born in 1883.
I will leave the ancestry thing to you JCB1977. I wouldn't even begin to delve into Pat Ferruccio father or any other lineage. Here is a picture of the Copy of this Rocco Macri Ferruccio: Notice Pasquale and Samuel as Sons.
20181210_083758[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Know which Game to Play
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

His death certificate has him listed born in 1883. I know the family was Calabrian as NE Ohio and Western PA early OC was dominated by Calabrians. I’ll do more research to find out for sure
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

FriendofFamily wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:49 am
JCB1977 wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:32 am

20181207_141030.jpg
Rocco Macri (real last name, don’t know where Ferruccio came from) was actually born in 1893 in Scilla, Reggio Calabria, Italy according to several other documents. The Rocco Ferruccio you are referring to in 1882 is from Campania, which is central Italy. Ferrucci is a much more common Italian last name, never seen the name Ferruccio in Italian records/genealogy.

Per the 1920 census, Rocco Macri Ferrucci was 27 years old with his wife Teresa, his son Pasquale and daughters. Also, according to his WW1 registration, he was born on October 18, 1893 and is listed as Rocco Macri. Let me know if you want me to email documents to you for proof. Because we have conflicting documents of a Rocco born in 1882 and 1893, we cannot be 100% certain that the Rocco born in 1882 is the one we are looking for. His death certificate lists him born in 1883.
I will leave the ancestry thing to you JCB1977. I wouldn't even begin to delve into Pat Ferruccio father or any other lineage. Here is a picture of the Copy of this Rocco Macri Ferruccio: Notice Pasquale and Samuel as Sons.

20181210_083758[1].jpg
As what you provided in the Death Certificate of 1883 - You are going to check it out further. I am posting the Death Certificate that you provided so the rest of the Community can look while you are doing your due diligence of research.
Rocco Macri Ferruccio 1883-1926.jpg
Know which Game to Play
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

The Document I provided and the Death Certificate JCB1977 provided are essentially the same. (JCB1977 agrees with this in a PM) Since the Death Certificate information is usually provided by a Family Member. Remember the Man was Just Murdered. So saying About 1883 and my document was more definitive of Mar 3, 1882. We go with filling in the Blank Like Death Certificate is about 43 years old and the one I provided shows 44 years old. The Cemetery and the Date of his Death are the same.
So what is the likelihood of someone with the EXACT Name and Die on the EXACT Date and bury in the EXACT Cemetery - Not very probable. All the names of the Children match out on my document and subsequent documents.

I write this as only a little summary clarification.
Know which Game to Play
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

FriendofFamily wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:08 am The Document I provided and the Death Certificate JCB1977 provided are essentially the same. (JCB1977 agrees with this in a PM) Since the Death Certificate information is usually provided by a Family Member. Remember the Man was Just Murdered. So saying About 1883 and my document was more definitive of Mar 3, 1882. We go with filling in the Blank Like Death Certificate is about 43 years old and the one I provided shows 44 years old. The Cemetery and the Date of his Death are the same.
So what is the likelihood of someone with the EXACT Name and Die on the EXACT Date and bury in the EXACT Cemetery - Not very probable. All the names of the Children match out on my document and subsequent documents.

I write this as only a little summary clarification.
Likely, yes. Certain, can’t say with either of these documents. We have no definitive place of birth, rather, we have conflicting documents. Was he born Rocco Macri? Where did Ferruccio come from as Ferrucci is the more common Italian surname? And we have a 1920 (Canton, OH/Stark County) census record that lists Rocco at 30 years old (Which would make him born in 1890 according to that document), far different than your 1882 document (which comes from an ancestry family tree) and my 1883 death certificate. I have death certificates on my own family that have skewed information. It happened most frequently where documents were butchered because of language barriers and/or the subject used many aliases. News articles butchered names, law enforcement in the 1910’s/20’s slaughtered the spelling of names. How do we know the person who created the family tree you obtained the info from was 100% accurate? I’ve had family members who entered the wrong person into their tree from nearly 100 years ago because there were 1500 different people with the same first and last name. That’s why census records, city directories, news articles, death certificates, coroner records, probate records, ship manifests (of utmost importance) are needed to determine with most probability.

Your family tree record that you posted and my death certificate just aren’t enough. Tracing his hometown through a ship manifest or border crossing, passport info etc as well as finding an Italian birth record and baptismal record to give us clear cut certainty. I don’t doubt it’s the same guy, but we just don’t have enough.
Last edited by JCB1977 on Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Furthermore, the photo you posted of the person’s family tree that has Rocco listed says up top he was born in Calabria, Italy. Where in Calabria, which town or village?

Then underneath in the first paragraph, the person who entered this information says he was born in Delianuova, Reggio di Calabria.

***This is a prime example of whoever entered the info did it wrong, therefore, what else do they have wrong in the tree that they used to post this information? Reggio Calabria is far different than Calabria.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

The documents and/or info we currently have FOF, it is a solid starting point. When these Calabrians would get into trouble, they’d give phony names or aliases and move 40 miles North or South and hook up with a Black Hand gang in another area. Calabrians, especially, move around a lot as most of the black handers had regular jobs, usually labor jobs like railroads, coal mines, limestone quarries, steel etc. therefore, they are difficult to track because of phony names and constant movement. Law Enforcement didn’t have the surveillance ability that they do now. Rocco could have been Rocco Macri from Westchester NY and migrated to Canton after some trouble in NY. For example, myself, Antillar and Chris Christie have been looking for a guy who went by 3 aliases, all of the aliases having extensive documentation but all saying they are from completely different parts of Italy with other discrepancies. It’s been “years” that we’ve been chasing him down. Did Rocco go by the last name Macri when he first came over? Do we have any arrest records on him? If so, what do they say? Are there trial transcripts where informant testimony was given? Prison records? I’ve spent thousands of dollars in a 15 year period obtaining documents that have just recently been made available through various family history sites. Coroner and probate records are also very telling, especially in the early days. Many kinks to work out but it would be a fun exploration.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

Just for Fun JCB1977 why don't you check out this guy's information about Rocco Macri Ferruccio Immigration Date and see what you find. Not everything has to be 100% when each person only knows so much or accidently looks up the wrong record etc. Let us know what you find about
the Rocco Immigration Date May 16, 1903 and tell us what you think. Obviously the guy made an error on putting Canton instead of Massillon for the Burial site.

20181212_095654[1].jpg
Know which Game to Play
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

FriendofFamily wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:05 am Just for Fun JCB1977 why don't you check out this guy's information about Rocco Macri Ferruccio Immigration Date and see what you find. Not everything has to be 100% when each person only knows so much or accidently looks up the wrong record etc. Let us know what you find about
the Rocco Immigration Date May 16, 1903 and tell us what you think. Obviously the guy made an error on putting Canton instead of Massillon for the Burial site.

20181212_095654[1].jpg
Go to his page and see what documents he provides for confirmation. I cancelled my ancestry account for now, I just use family search.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

FriendofFamily wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:05 am Just for Fun JCB1977 why don't you check out this guy's information about Rocco Macri Ferruccio Immigration Date and see what you find. Not everything has to be 100% when each person only knows so much or accidently looks up the wrong record etc. Let us know what you find about

20181212_095654[1].jpg
Does he provide a ship manifest? If so, is the manifest accurate to his personal info or is it vague? Ferruccio is not the real name so it was acquired sometime after he arrived. Was Rocco naturalized? If so, are his docs listed?

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

I just checked Italian records in Reggio Calabria...Delianuova is not a town that is included, meaning the records for that village have not been made available (yet) in order to confirm a birthdate with parents name etc.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP