General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

slimshady_007
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by slimshady_007 »

eboli wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:17 am
gohnjotti wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:04 pm Does anybody have the transcripts to the Stefanelli tapes?
https://pastebin.com/2eYWJ87s
Awesome post. Do u have any more of the tapes?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Thanks eboli.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Do we have a comprehensive list of who Gotti "unofficially" contacted in the Bonanno, Colombo and Luchese families before moving to assassinate Castellano at Sparks Steakhouse? From those I have specifically seen mentioned, Anthony Casso was reported to have said, "I don't give a fuck" when asked about Paul before then accepting the contract from Gigante and Corallo to kill Gotti in retaliation. In Five Families, Selwyn Raab writes that Anglo Ruggiero approached Gennaro Langella and Dominic Montemarano of the Colombo family, who told him, "What are you waiting for? Make the move." It seems likely that Gotti might have also reached out to his friend Joseph Massino for approval from the Bonannos, however I have not seen this explicitly stated anywhere.
Any other sources on who Gotti approached "under the table" to alert them to the conspiracy to kill Castellano?
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

chin_gigante wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:35 pm Do we have a comprehensive list of who Gotti "unofficially" contacted in the Bonanno, Colombo and Luchese families before moving to assassinate Castellano at Sparks Steakhouse? From those I have specifically seen mentioned, Anthony Casso was reported to have said, "I don't give a fuck" when asked about Paul before then accepting the contract from Gigante and Corallo to kill Gotti in retaliation. In Five Families, Selwyn Raab writes that Anglo Ruggiero approached Gennaro Langella and Dominic Montemarano of the Colombo family, who told him, "What are you waiting for? Make the move." It seems likely that Gotti might have also reached out to his friend Joseph Massino for approval from the Bonannos, however I have not seen this explicitly stated anywhere.
Any other sources on who Gotti approached "under the table" to alert them to the conspiracy to kill Castellano?
Whether he was being truthful or not, didn't Massino later say he would have never given his approval for the hit on Castellano?
All roads lead to New York.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:12 pm
chin_gigante wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:35 pm Do we have a comprehensive list of who Gotti "unofficially" contacted in the Bonanno, Colombo and Luchese families before moving to assassinate Castellano at Sparks Steakhouse? From those I have specifically seen mentioned, Anthony Casso was reported to have said, "I don't give a fuck" when asked about Paul before then accepting the contract from Gigante and Corallo to kill Gotti in retaliation. In Five Families, Selwyn Raab writes that Anglo Ruggiero approached Gennaro Langella and Dominic Montemarano of the Colombo family, who told him, "What are you waiting for? Make the move." It seems likely that Gotti might have also reached out to his friend Joseph Massino for approval from the Bonannos, however I have not seen this explicitly stated anywhere.
Whether he was being truthful or not, didn't Massino later say he would have never given his approval for the hit on Castellano?
At that time wasnt Rastelli still alive?

Did Galante give a cut to castellano?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:46 am
Wiseguy wrote: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:12 pm
At that time wasnt Rastelli still alive?

Did Galante give a cut to castellano?

Yeah, Rastelli was still alive. Massino could have been speaking hypothetically. Or, perhaps Gotti's people would have approached Massino since he was the one they were close to.

I've never read anything about Galante giving a cut to Castellano. Everything I've seen on Galante was him wanting to take over as much of the drug trade, and money from it, as possible.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Anyone know how much influence the west side has in Yonkers?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

slimshady_007 wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:03 am Anyone know how much influence the west side has in Yonkers?
Westchester is basically the same as the Bronx as far as mob presence goes, i.e. the Genovese have the most, followed by the Luccheses.
ChicagoOutfit
Straightened out

Post by ChicagoOutfit »

Can someone please help me in remembering a story I read?

The details are kinda hazy to me but as I remember it, the story had to do with either Vic Amuso or Gaspipe (or both?) attending a Genovese Family member's wake and prior to the wake or during it, they had created some some of disruption or reason to piss off the Genovese and someone approached them and said something along the lines of "if you want to make it out of this wake alive you'll stfu!"

Can anyone help me in getting the story straight? Does anyone have a link to how this all went down? Who's wake? Who was "threatened?" Who did the "threatening?"

TIA to anyone that can help!
MichaelGiovanni
Straightened out

Post by MichaelGiovanni »

ChicagoOutfit wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:16 pm Can someone please help me in remembering a story I read?

The details are kinda hazy to me but as I remember it, the story had to do with either Vic Amuso or Gaspipe (or both?) attending a Genovese Family member's wake and prior to the wake or during it, they had created some some of disruption or reason to piss off the Genovese and someone approached them and said something along the lines of "if you want to make it out of this wake alive you'll stfu!"

Can anyone help me in getting the story straight? Does anyone have a link to how this all went down? Who's wake? Who was "threatened?" Who did the "threatening?"

From New York Magazine January 9, 1995.

Here's the quote...

At the 1986 wake for a Genovese soldier, Gigante pulled "Little Vic" Amuso aside to discuss the Lucchese family's encroachment on the Genovese family's then-lucrative window-replacement business. According to sources, Gigante told Amuso he would be "lucky to leave this wake alive." Amuso, a stone killer in his own right, left trembling. "The Luccheses backed off after that," a source said.
Nice rug ya got here kid...it’d be great for a craps game
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

MichaelGiovanni wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:31 pm
ChicagoOutfit wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 1:16 pm Can someone please help me in remembering a story I read?

Here's the quote...

At the 1986 wake for a Genovese soldier, Gigante pulled "Little Vic" Amuso aside to discuss the Lucchese family's encroachment on the Genovese family's then-lucrative window-replacement business. According to sources, Gigante told Amuso he would be "lucky to leave this wake alive." Amuso, a stone killer in his own right, left trembling. "The Luccheses backed off after that," a source said.
Wonder what that was about considering all the families (except the Bonannos) worked together to control the window installation business and the Luccheses controlled the key union involved - Architectural and Ornamental Ironworkers Union Local 580. But the West Side was the first family into the racket, if I remember right.
ChicagoOutfit
Straightened out

Post by ChicagoOutfit »

MichaelGiovanni wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:31 pm

Here's the quote...

Thanks for your help
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Anyone know whos crew tommy shots took over?
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

slimshady_007 wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 8:19 am Anyone know whos crew tommy shots took over?
He was in Jo Jo Russo's crew. After his sentencing Jo Jo's crew was split between Gioeli and Billy Russo. At the time Colombos loved to break off or split existing crews due to being depleted by their internal struggles and pressure from the government. I think Russo's crew broke off from the Persico crew in the 70s.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I don't think Gioeli was promoted until 1997 so it was probably not a direct succession.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.