Active Scarfo-Era Guys

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CatStevens9
Straightened out

Re: Active Scarfo-Era Guys

Post by CatStevens9 »

chin_gigante wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:16 am
CatStevens9 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:51 pm What was with Pungitore wanting Grande clipped?
Pungitore reached out to Ligambi to complain that Grande was still loyal to Scarfo and not the new administration, recommending that they kill him. Licata intervened on Grande's behalf, saying that he admired how he came back to Philadelphia not knowing whether he would be killed or not.
As for the motive, this is from Leonetti's book:

'Joey Grande is 52 now. His father was a made guy under Ange and, like the Narduccis, he knows the rules of La Cosa Nostra and all of the moves, but he’s a troublemaker. I remember him coming to me one time and whispering stuff to me in front of Joe Punge, to make it look like we were talking about him, which we weren’t. Joe Punge picked up on it right away and said to me afterwards, “I got a hard-on for this kid. You have no idea all the bullshit him and his brother are doing.” […] My uncle told me that if I got out, he wanted me to kill three people: his wife Mimi, and then the two Grande brothers, Joey and Wayne.'

Caramandi also mentions there being bad blood between Pungitore and Joe Grande leading up to the big crackdown in the late 1980s.
Wasn't Scarfo persona non grata by the early 90s? I wasn't aware there was a Scarfo loyalist faction at any point aside from his son and the piccolos.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

CatStevens9 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:48 pm Wasn't Scarfo persona non grata by the early 90s? I wasn't aware there was a Scarfo loyalist faction at any point aside from his son and the piccolos.
Amuso and, by extension, the Luchese family still supported Scarfo during his incarceration, which led to the beef between Philadelphia and Scarfo Jr as he was trying to recruit guys to take over the family. Joe Punge was insinuating that Joe Grande was considering joining Scarfo Jr.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
CatStevens9
Straightened out

Post by CatStevens9 »

chin_gigante wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:35 pm
CatStevens9 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:48 pm Wasn't Scarfo persona non grata by the early 90s? I wasn't aware there was a Scarfo loyalist faction at any point aside from his son and the piccolos.
Amuso and, by extension, the Luchese family still supported Scarfo during his incarceration, which led to the beef between Philadelphia and Scarfo Jr as he was trying to recruit guys to take over the family. Joe Punge was insinuating that Joe Grande was considering joining Scarfo Jr.
Is this prior to him getting shot at that resturant? To my understanding he was chased out of philadelphia by the merlino gang and his dad was able to get amuso to let him join the luchesses
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

CatStevens9 wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:53 pm Is this prior to him getting shot at that resturant? To my understanding he was chased out of philadelphia by the merlino gang and his dad was able to get amuso to let him join the luchesses
This was happened well after he was shot. After the attempt on his life at Dante & Luigi's, he was put under the care of the Martirano crew in Newark and then made into the Lucheses as a favour from Amuso to protect him. The incident I'm referring to was during the 2000s when he felt out of place in the Lucheses and wanted Philly back. After Nicky Jr goes to jail, it appears Salvatore Piccolo and Anthony Persiano were transferred to Philadelphia as either associates or members.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Having looked at the White Pages it seems like all of the Scarfo guys are currently living in Philadelphia apart from Joey Grande, Phil Narducci and Tory Scafidi. Grande's address is listed as Blackwood, Narducci is at Mullica Hill and Scafidi is in Coconut Creek, FL. That seems to be pretty much all we have on Scafidi since his release
Fatso
Prospect

Post by Fatso »

chin_gigante wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:53 am Having looked at the White Pages it seems like all of the Scarfo guys are currently living in Philadelphia apart from Joey Grande, Phil Narducci and Tory Scafidi. Grande's address is listed as Blackwood, Narducci is at Mullica Hill and Scafidi is in Coconut Creek, FL. That seems to be pretty much all we have on Scafidi since his release
Scafidi must have done something to violate his supervised release, he originally got out in 2011, but the release date on BOP now says 2014.