Mob Talk Sitdown 23

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Mob Talk Sitdown 23

Post by B. »

Chris Christie wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:49 pm I'm the ONLY one casting doubt... on certain aspects of the narrative. But as it stands, he's boss, no argument.
You stirred it up? Haha...

Now a real debate would be whether Scarfo was still officially the boss at the time of his death.

Philly Family circa 2010

Boss - Nicodemo Scarfo (imprisoned)
Defacto Boss - Joseph Merlino (imprisoned)
Acting Defacto Boss - Joseph Ligambi
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Chris Christie wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:49 pm I'm the ONLY one casting doubt... on certain aspects of the narrative. But as it stands, he's boss, no argument.
You are right, I was thinking you were someone else. But the narrative is clear, Merlino is the guy
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

B. wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:02 pm

Now a real debate would be whether Scarfo was still officially the boss at the time of his death.

Philly Family circa 2010

How would one argue Scarfo was still the boss?
All roads lead to New York.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:13 pm

Philly Family circa 2010

First you'd have to be completely incapable of picking up on facetiousness and start the actual argument by questioning it.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

B. wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:20 pm

Philly Family circa 2010

First you'd have to be completely incapable of picking up on facetiousness and start the actual argument by questioning it.
I see. Facetiousness doesn't always come across so clear online.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:37 pm

Philly Family circa 2010

Sorry, man. I appreciate your no nonsense approach, just had to snap back a little bit.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Philly Family circa 2010

It was fairly obvious. :roll:
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:06 pm

Philly Family circa 2010

It was fairly obvious. :roll:
I aspire to be as astute as you, Fughedaboutit.
ChicagoOutfit
Straightened out

Post by ChicagoOutfit »

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:56 am
scott22 wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:52 pm The Detroit Family has been fully diversified into white collar stuff since its inception. It isn't a new direction, alas Philly or other families of the past that were transitioning from straight street rackets as they faded away.

Scott
Scott is correct on this point:
ImageDetroit Parntership Business Chart.jpg
Any charts like this about other families legit interests? Specifically, Chicago related.
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

Philly Family circa 2010

Another debate would be that if Stanfa had never inducted Merlino would be have been able to take over like he did? I mean Natale basically says that this faction just recognized themselves and declared their selves boss and underboss. Since this happened post commission case I think New York basically decided they wanted nothing to do with it. Just my thoughts
I get it....first rule of fight club.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

New Mob Talk 24 Coming out soon, Mayo Face and George put out a teaser to get us semi hard for it:

https://youtu.be/0N0wGBq7jFY
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

NJShore4Life wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:28 am New Mob Talk 24 Coming out soon, Mayo Face and George put out a teaser to get us semi hard for it:

https://youtu.be/0N0wGBq7jFY
I just finished the book 'The Ghost' that they are going to be talking about in the next episode, it was very good, lots of non mafia stuff but at least 3 chapters mentioning Ron Previte, Joey Merlino, Bobby Luisi, Matty Guglielmetti and Carmen DiNunzio.

Worth a read
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

DPG wrote: Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:53 am

Philly Family circa 2010

Another debate would be that if Stanfa had never inducted Merlino would be have been able to take over like he did? I mean Natale basically says that this faction just recognized themselves and declared their selves boss and underboss. Since this happened post commission case I think New York basically decided they wanted nothing to do with it. Just my thoughts
In the Goodfella Tapes, there is a part where Tony Piccolo is concerned about Stanfa inducting Merlino and Ciancaglini and I am sure what you just said played a role in his concern. Obviously Merlino and Ciancaglini could kill anyone they wanted and muscle in on any rackets regardless of their membership status, and they (especially Ciancaglini) had been basically doing that since the late 1980s, so it didn't make a difference on that level whether they were made or not. Piccolo was likely concerned that inducting them could give them credibility and lead to them officially taking over the family, which of course Merlino did.
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

At that point, don't you think that was a risk Stanfa had to take? I mean he suspected those guys killed Little Felix who was his power in South Philly but he didn't know...but he knew those guys Joey and Mike were active on the streets in South Philly and deeply connected to old regime. I'm sure he thought that it was worth the shot to get them in line, put in Joe Chang as UB to watch them, and allow him time to get his regime in place. Probably didn't help when he put all of the Hunchback's group in power either.
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

Things wouldn't have blown up the way they did had Joey Chang not tried to kill Michael, things had started to calm down by that point, if Stanfa gave the go ahead on that he's a bigger chooch than I thought.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson