Joey merlino and others busted

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PHL_Mob
Straightened out

Re: Joey merlino and others busted

Post by PHL_Mob »

He missed Scarfo by a couple months... persico and Maddoff is one thing, but can you imagine he and Nicky in the yard together
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

PHL_Mob wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:53 am He missed Scarfo by a couple months... persico and Maddoff is one thing, but can you imagine he and Nicky in the yard together

So close to Halloween on top of it. It would have been a nice Scarfo-Merlino reunion. :mrgreen:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
PHL_Mob
Straightened out

Post by PHL_Mob »

“Hey Nicky want to watch Batman with me in the lounge over some spaghetti and clams? Just like the ones they make D&L’s!”
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

PHL_Mob wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:44 am “Hey Nicky want to watch Batman with me in the lounge over some spaghetti and clams? Just like the ones they make D&L’s!”
:lol:
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Joey merlino and others busted

Post by phatmatress777 »

Doobeez wrote:
PHL_Mob wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:45 am 90 days? Was that for your fourth DUI? Haha

4th DUI is a felony here in this Commonwealth, and they have no problem giving you 1-5 for that, and taling your license away forever after your out.

My shit was low on the food chain...

Theft by Unlawful Taking > $1000, Non Payment of fines, and had a warrant out for failure to appear for a fucking court date. I had more time than money, so I plead out and took the 90, lol..
Which commonwealth are you in pa???

Sent from my LGL158VL using Tapatalk

Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

Doobeez wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:55 am
PHL_Mob wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:45 am 90 days? Was that for your fourth DUI? Haha

4th DUI is a felony here in this Commonwealth, and they have no problem giving you 1-5 for that, and taling your license away forever after your out.

Theft by Unlawful Taking > $1000, Non Payment of fines, and had a warrant out for failure to appear for a fucking court date. I had more time than money, so I plead out and took the 90, lol..
Lol, you sound like Mr Tony with that line. Anyone remember Mr Tony from the old days? He got to be doing long stretch right now hence his no longer around...lol. I remember him saying something like your a pussy if you pay your fine, just go and do the time, and he was dead serious when he said it...lol. Funny guy.......Soliai
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

I doubt they give Merlino the full sentence while they're also secretely working on a Rico case. The more they let him on the streets the more change they can nail him for something big. Apparantly they desperately wanted him back in prison for as long as possible. There wouldn't be desperation if they know they will be able to put him behind bars for life soon anyway.
Last edited by Lupara on Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bricktop
Associate

Post by Bricktop »

What medical condition would he have to go to Butner?
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Lupara wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:38 am I doubt they give Merlino the full sentence while they're also secretely working on a Rico case. The more they let him on the streets the more change they can nail him for something big. Apparantly they desperately wanted him back in prison for as long as possible. There wouldn't be desperation if they know they will be able to put him behind bars for life soon anyway.
Then again, this was a New York case. The rumours of the feds working on a family-wide RICO case come from the Philadelphia branch. Law enforcement doesn't have a stellar record in terms of internal communication and co-ordination. The whole point of the 2015 Christmas party was getting him up in NYC so they had the jurisdiction to indict him. They all want the glory for getting Merlino. I think that explains why New York hit him with this relatively weak case; it's because each wants to get him before the other does. I don't think Merlino getting the maximum sentence for this means that the Philly branch aren't currently targeting him also.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Bricktop wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:40 am What medical condition would he have to go to Butner?
I think all that's been made public is that it's his heart. I think specifically it's heart blockages.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Doobeez
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Doobeez »

Phat,

The Commonwealth of Kentucky
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Soliai wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:03 pm
Doobeez wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:55 am

Lol, you sound like Mr Tony with that line. Anyone remember Mr Tony from the old days? He got to be doing long stretch right now hence his no longer around...lol. I remember him saying something like your a pussy if you pay your fine, just go and do the time, and he was dead serious when he said it...lol. Funny guy.......Soliai
Good call. My Tony was a solid poster.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

chin_gigante wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:19 am
Lupara wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:38 am I doubt they give Merlino the full sentence while they're also secretely working on a Rico case. The more they let him on the streets the more change they can nail him for something big. Apparantly they desperately wanted him back in prison for as long as possible. There wouldn't be desperation if they know they will be able to put him behind bars for life soon anyway.
Then again, this was a New York case. The rumours of the feds working on a family-wide RICO case come from the Philadelphia branch. Law enforcement doesn't have a stellar record in terms of internal communication and co-ordination. The whole point of the 2015 Christmas party was getting him up in NYC so they had the jurisdiction to indict him. They all want the glory for getting Merlino. I think that explains why New York hit him with this relatively weak case; it's because each wants to get him before the other does. I don't think Merlino getting the maximum sentence for this means that the Philly branch aren't currently targeting him also.
I respectfully disagree wholeheartedly. The NY FBI office has far more important crime figures to focus on besides Jockey Merlino. They wanted Parello and his Bronx crew. Jockey was just gravy on top. Merlino has NEVER been into the heavy stuff of organized crime. No labor racketeering, major narcotics, construction etc. NY doesn’t give a fuck about the half pint, he’s a pimple on their ass compared to who they’re watching.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

JCB1977 wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:19 am
chin_gigante wrote: Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:19 am
I respectfully disagree wholeheartedly. The NY FBI office has far more important crime figures to focus on besides Jockey Merlino. They wanted Parello and his Bronx crew. Jockey was just gravy on top. Merlino has NEVER been into the heavy stuff of organized crime. No labor racketeering, major narcotics, construction etc. NY doesn’t give a fuck about the half pint, he’s a pimple on their ass compared to who they’re watching.
NY doesn't give a fuck, yet Parello respected him enough to work with him and invite him to the Christmas party?

Okay....
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

JCB was clearly refering to the NY FBI Field Office.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.