Carlo Gambino´s rise

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Carlo Gambino´s rise

Post by B. »

phatmatress wrote:Fuck Thom L. Jones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, he really ruined his credibility with the you-know-what situation. He was definitely not on the level of some of the other people we have here, but he was a passionate researcher. If he had just admitted that he had been duped and apologized for being an asshole he would have saved himself a lot of trouble.
phatmatress
Straightened out

Post by phatmatress »

B. wrote:

Yeah, he really ruined his credibility with the you-know-what situation. He was definitely not on the level of some of the other people we have here, but he was a passionate researcher. If he had just admitted that he had been duped and apologized for being an asshole he would have saved himself a lot of trouble.
i agree I was never a big fan of his writing but your right he was passionate about what he did and I can respect that even though it's not my cup of tea. He crossed the line with me when he threw a little bitch fit about how the Philly threads were getting more of a reaction then his stores about 1890...that was during the end of the ligambi trial, of course people are gonna be more interested in current afrairs then some old stupid story

Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

B. wrote:

Pride, kills even the best of us.......Soliai
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

phatmatress wrote:
B. wrote:

i agree I was never a big fan of his writing but your right he was passionate about what he did and I can respect that even though it's not my cup of tea. He crossed the line with me when he threw a little bitch fit about how the Philly threads were getting more of a reaction then his stores about 1890...that was during the end of the ligambi trial, of course people are gonna be more interested in current afrairs then some old stupid story

That's right. He was condescending about people's interest in Philly even before things came to ahead with the Picasso situation. Aside from being incredibly naive and overly defensive of Picasso, something that damaged his credibility beyond repair is that he used Pic as a source for research on the Genovese family in his articles. That's Phil Carlo type territory right there.
phatmatress
Straightened out

Post by phatmatress »

Ha ha ha yeah he said pic was made with the geneovese ha ha ha 1983 in the back of a car or some shit in jersey.... What a dope...

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Funny how Thom worshipped him considering how pic use to abuse him in the early days of the forums for being a researcher.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
phatmatress
Straightened out

Post by phatmatress »

Thom was one of the non Americans who ate that shit up not dissing any non Americans but a lot of the non Americans get a very strange sense of themselves like I have a friend in Iceland who tries to act like he knows more about being an American then i do... Claims that America is his second home etc etc it just boggles my mind of the ones who act like that... The ones that eat up garbage and think they know everything (not saying all the non Americans are like that just some on these boards)

Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

phatmatress wrote:
B. wrote:

Haha forgot about that stupidest thing ever you really can't understand how no one cares about some guy we've never heard of that died before we were born. Fuckin Thom
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Even though derailing this thread, I never had a problem with Thom L. Jones, he always behaved like a gentleman to me. But he did make a fool of himself when he was called for in the mattress, behaving arrogantly against anyone who disagreed with him. Anyway I don't think he should be blamed for believing that imposter. It was his enthusiasm for mob history that blinded him. When you're eager to learn you're also greedy to gain to knowledge and you very much want to believe someone who pretends to have his ear on the street. It can happen to us all.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Lupara wrote:Even though derailing this thread, I never had a problem with Thom L. Jones, he always behaved like a gentleman to me. But he did make a fool of himself when he was called for in the mattress, behaving arrogantly against anyone who disagreed with him. Anyway I don't think he should be blamed for believing that imposter. It was his enthusiasm for mob history that blinded him. When you're eager to learn you're also greedy to gain to knowledge and you very much want to believe someone who pretends to have his ear on the street. It can happen to us all.
It's not that he believed him. A lot of people believed him over the years. It's that he would drop hints about random stuff Picasso told him via email and lord the info over people's heads on the board, treating it like gospel. He finally had a meltdown about Funzi Tieri where he straight told everyone that Picasso was a Genovese soldier made in 1983 by Tieri and that he was driven to the ceremony by Benny Lombardo. He went on the offensive like a passive aggressive limey bitch and embarrassed himself. It had gotten to the point where he was not only killing his own credibility, but also bringing down the credibility of the board. And now look at it... Hollander posting boring articles about Euro drug trafficking (no offense to him personally) and Giacalone running around in every topic.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Anyway, back to Carlo Gambino.

I've seen a son named Carlo Jr. or "Carl" mentioned before -- did he actually exist? We know all about Tommy and Joseph, but I've never read anything about this other son, just seen it listed before.
phatmatress
Straightened out

Post by phatmatress »

B. wrote:
Lupara wrote:Even though derailing this thread, I never had a problem with Thom L. Jones, he always behaved like a gentleman to me. But he did make a fool of himself when he was called for in the mattress, behaving arrogantly against anyone who disagreed with him. Anyway I don't think he should be blamed for believing that imposter. It was his enthusiasm for mob history that blinded him. When you're eager to learn you're also greedy to gain to knowledge and you very much want to believe someone who pretends to have his ear on the street. It can happen to us all.
It's not that he believed him. A lot of people believed him over the years. It's that he would drop hints about random stuff Picasso told him via email and lord the info over people's heads on the board, treating it like gospel. He finally had a meltdown about Funzi Tieri where he straight told everyone that Picasso was a Genovese soldier made in 1983 by Tieri and that he was driven to the ceremony by Benny Lombardo. He went on the offensive like a passive aggressive limey bitch and embarrassed himself. It had gotten to the point where he was not only killing his own credibility, but also bringing down the credibility of the board. And now look at it... Hollander posting boring articles about Euro drug trafficking (no offense to him personally) and Giacalone running around in every topic.
yeah those guys idk.....they are something else....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

So Francesco Castellana was Giuseppe Castellano's cousin, not brother? And is Peter Castellana Frank's son?
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

B. wrote:So Francesco Castellana was Giuseppe Castellano's cousin, not brother? And is Peter Castellana Frank's son?
Yes x2. That´s how I understand it to be.
There you have it, never printed before.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Reading here, it says that Paul Gambino's marriage to Catherine Castellano resulted in an "imbecile son" and a "moron daughter".

https://www.maryferrell.org/mffweb/arch ... Id=1322847