A reputed mobster shot dead in a McDonalds Drive-thru

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

MoLarryCurly
Straightened out

Re: Arrest in Zotolla Hit at the McDonald's Drive-thru

Post by MoLarryCurly »

So basically if it was the Albanians, them doing this isn’t to take over Zottolas buissness it’s to take over a LCn families buissness because end of the day that’s whk it belongs to. They let this one slide might as well close shop. Don’t matter how many LCN guys are out their if they don’t have the balls to strike any group of 20-30 guys willing to do work will win.
You know I could have worked for U P fucking S and made more money then this....
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: A reputed mobster shot dead in McDonalds drove thru

Post by Wiseguy »

There's now two threads about this. Not sure if they can be combined somehow...
All roads lead to New York.
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:11 am There's now two threads about this. Not sure if they can be combined somehow...
It is possible to merge threads, we need admin to do that.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

gohnjotti wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:35 am
dave wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:54 am
Vknicks wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:18 am Any chance GL doesnt mention it because other then the Victim having some loose LCN ties its not LCN related
That and he has no more information to share on it than you, me, or the regular newspapers. I don't know what him just mentioning stuff already known is going to do for anyone. Scoops is his thing.
Agreed, also Vknicks is right in that it doesn't even appear LCN related.
I'd rather Capeci gives us an inside scoop on something not-so-interesting than rehash a Daily News article on something like the Zottola hit. All this means is that Capeci's sources don't have anything to say on the matter for whatever reason. Disappointing, but that's the way it is.
What Capeci should be doing is giving LCN context and background.

He may not have a 'scoop' on the issue, but he could surely provide info on affiliation, LCN history, LCN status and what his various LE contacts at different agencies viewed as the situation.

He doesnt need to find the drain where Deshawn Shelton threw away the weapon, but he could provide some historical context of Zolottas affiliation.

Thats the issue.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: A reputed mobster shot dead in McDonalds drove thru

Post by Lupara »

Villain wrote:The latest professional hit occurred this year when the main Albanian boss of prostitution on all Balkans Dilaver Leku Bojku was killed in the small town of Struga, Macedonia.

The hitman arrived on a motorcycle and simply went into this joint, detected his target, got close to him and allegedly said "Your time has come" and pulled the trigger once behind the victims ear. While some of the bodyguards tried to jump him, the hitman fired few shots in empty air and scared them, got on his motorcycle, drove few hundred meters where a Mercedes car was waiting for him, hooked up with a trailer in which the hitman and his motor went in and they all drove off in unknown direction. Story goes that the boss who ordered the hit, was also nearby or on the local airport, where he was seated in a plane and the same moment when the hit was completed, his plane allegedly took off.

In addition, most of the hits are made with drive-bys, usually being carried out with Ak-47s or Scorpion machine guns, similar to Uzi
Sounds like a pro.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Another article said he also had ties to the Genovese through Pasquale Falcetti
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

'A high-ranking Bloods gang member tried hiring a hitman to murder a reputed mobster at a McDonald's drive-thru in the Bronx, New York City police said.'

'A cooperating witness told the FBI that Shelton offered to pay him to kill Salvatore Zottola in order to draw out his father, the now slain Sylvester Zottola, a criminal complaint unsealed in federal court Thursday alleges.'

according to this articles shelton hired a killer to shot zottola, so the bloods ordered it, but why not use their own members? it's strange, i think there is some ny family behind, probably the lucchese's
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

scagghiuni wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:53 am
'A high-ranking Bloods gang member tried hiring a hitman to murder a reputed mobster at a McDonald's drive-thru in the Bronx, New York City police said.'

'A cooperating witness told the FBI that Shelton offered to pay him to kill Salvatore Zottola in order to draw out his father, the now slain Sylvester Zottola, a criminal complaint unsealed in federal court Thursday alleges.'

according to this articles shelton hired a killer to shot zottola, so the bloods ordered it, but why not use their own members? it's strange, i think there is some ny family behind, probably the lucchese's
Th blacks have that powerful of a gang in NY? I hope the Italians send some zips into the hood to obliterate it. Never would have happened 20 or more years ago
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

There is a long history of Eastern Eurpean OC groups in Brooklyn and Queens muscling in on LCN gambling.
This is not something new, More then likely they hired this bloods guy to kill the zotolla's and take over the video poker biz they didn't want to give up. This is not shocking, Nor is it that these morons didn't use burner phones so they couldn't be tracked. They got a pretty solid case.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

Captain Obvious here-
Why the fuck does someone talk about committing murder on the phone!?
I cannot comprehend it.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

Rocco wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:00 am There is a long history of Eastern Eurpean OC groups in Brooklyn and Queens muscling in on LCN gambling.
This is not something new, More then likely they hired this bloods guy to kill the zotolla's and take over the video poker biz they didn't want to give up. This is not shocking, Nor is it that these morons didn't use burner phones so they couldn't be tracked. They got a pretty solid case.
according to that article shelden (bloods) hired somebody to kill zottola sr, eastern europeans has nothing to do with this
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

scagghiuni wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:34 am
Rocco wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:00 am There is a long history of Eastern Eurpean OC groups in Brooklyn and Queens muscling in on LCN gambling.
according to that article shelden (bloods) hired somebody to kill zottola sr, eastern europeans has nothing to do with this
ny times:
Who initially hired Mr. Shelton, and why they wanted the Zottolas dead, remains a mystery. Court documents make no mention of a motive. Sworn testimony indicates the case was investigated by the F.B.I.’s Balkan and Middle Eastern organized crime squad, bolstering theories that the Zottolas may have somehow crossed an Albanian organized crime group.

For years, the Zottolas fostered close ties to the Luchese and Bonanno crime families, providing and maintaining electronic gambling machines for mob-controlled hubs in New Jersey.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:10 am Captain Obvious here-
Why the fuck does someone talk about committing murder on the phone!?
I cannot comprehend it.
Skin colour might have something to do with it.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

A long history? What other examples are there of Eastern European groups muscling in on LCN gambling besides the Rudaj organization, which was rather over blown by the media?

This is one of the most dead of dead horse topics but - to review - when it came to the Rudaj group, the LCN, and gambling...

In June 2001, some of Rudaj's guys stormed the Stamatis club in Astoria Queens, run by Fotios Dimopoulos and Antonios Balampanis (an Albanian from Greece), and beat 5 people in the club including Balampanis who was pistol-whipped. Like other gambling operations in the Greek community, the club paid tribute to the Lucchese family, so this was an affront to the Luccheses. The Rudaj organization originally agreed to pay the Luccheses $1,500 a week for lost revenue but this stopped after several months.

In August 2001, another Greek-run club called Soccer Fever opened in Astoria. This one had the backing of the Gambino family. The second night of operation, the Rudaj guys came in, overturned tables, and beat up the Greek owner Mikhail Hirakis. Obviously an affront to the Gambinos.

Obviously the Rudaj organization considered gambling in Astoria their's by that point and they either opened or collected tribute payments from 6 other clubs in the area, including the Skutarija and Zues clubs on 23rd Avenue, the Saloni Social Club and another unidentified club on 30th Avenue, Sanidisi on 31st Street, and Athenia on Newtown Avenue. The Rudaj organization also had a network of approximately 50 video poker machines in the Bronx, Westchester, and Queens.

The Soccer Fever incident is what led to the meeting at the gas station in New Jersey between the Gambinos (led by Arnold Squitieri) and some of the Rudaj guys. Contrary to the image given in the press that the Gambinos backed down, according to FBI agent Joaquin "Jack Falcone" Garcia, the Rudaj group heeded the warning and didn't attempt any other takeovers. According to Garcia, the Rudaj guys knew they had gone as far as they could and the Gambinos were too powerful to take on directly. Of course, the organization was taken down in a 2004 indictment.

That's pretty much the sum of it. Any other examples of Eastern European groups moving on on LCN gambling operations I'm not aware of.
scagghiuni wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:34 amaccording to that article shelden (bloods) hired somebody to kill zottola sr, eastern europeans has nothing to do with this
The theory currently held by some in law enforcement, apparently, is that this was a beef over video poker machines and Albanians hired Shelton, who in turn had another black guy actually do the shooting.

Given the fact that Zattola was involved in video gambling machines, this makes more sense than some direct beef with the Bloods.
All roads lead to New York.