A reputed mobster shot dead in a McDonalds Drive-thru

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: A reputed mobster shot dead in McDonalds drove thru

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:10 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:04 pmDude, you cant just say, 'most likely LCN' and then ignore a seriously logistical issue with that theory once you open the box.
IF its LCN, then you HAVE to deal with Cammarano or Mancuso giving the nod. And that becomes very diffulct to rationalise. Hence my 'LCN' trepidation.
Maybe if this was done on the record, completely by the book. And we see top Lucchese guys under indictment for ordering the Meldish hit. Were they risking anything less than the Bonanno leaders hypothetically would be?
1. 'Maybe if this was done on the record', so you dont think this was a sanctioned hit?
If so then how is this an LCN hit?

2. Meldish was hit late at night not in the middle of the day in a McDonalds drive through. There also wasnt several public attempts on him previously and a front page attempt on his son with video barely weeks before. Crea, Madonna also weren't under indictment at the time.
So, several, not small differences.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:18 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:10 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 9:04 pmDude, you cant just say, 'most likely LCN' and then ignore a seriously logistical issue with that theory once you open the box.
IF its LCN, then you HAVE to deal with Cammarano or Mancuso giving the nod. And that becomes very diffulct to rationalise. Hence my 'LCN' trepidation.
Maybe if this was done on the record, completely by the book. And we see top Lucchese guys under indictment for ordering the Meldish hit. Were they risking anything less than the Bonanno leaders hypothetically would be?
1. 'Maybe if this was done on the record', so you dont think this was a sanctioned hit?
If so then how is this an LCN hit?
It's an LCN hit if it's committed by LCN guys. For instance, I don't think it was ever alleged that Barney Bellomo gave the okay on the Joseph Bonelli hit, yet it was still a mob hit. Lower-level guys feud with other lower-level guys all the time, often resulting in murder.
Recent examples I can think of off the top of my head are:
1. Ronnie Giallanzo and his crew going after Chris Cognata brazenly, multiple times.
2. Theodore Persico Jr. going to murder Craig Marino in 2005.
3. The 2011 Walter Samperi stabbing.
Not to mention all the hits that went down with the various crews in the 1990s, such as the Bath Ave. Boys under Spero, the Bay Parkway Boys under Gioeli, the New Springfield Boys, etc.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

None of the above examples involves 'subcontracting' the hit out.

But its late, I've made, whatever point I have to make and care not for anything else.

Later skater.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:33 pm None of the above examples involves 'subcontracting' the hit out.

But its late, I've made, whatever point I have to make and care not for anything else.

Later skater.
The Bonelli hit most certainly does.
And whose to say the black guy was "subcontracted" in? He could have been a longtime Bronx associate under whoever the hit was ordered by.

scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:59 pm Sure.

Because I dont see it probability-wise an LCN hit, coupled with the ferocity of the attacks and the risks taken, would lead a likely or probably drug speculation.

Your stock broker rips you off a couple of hundred grand its unlikely you gun him down in a McDonalds drive through peak hour. You rip off some Mexican cartel, they really, really dont give a fuck.

(NOT saying its a Mexican cartel, just an hypothetical to prove a point)

The VAST amount of violent crime in the US, serious violent crime, is drug based.

Hence the progressive hypothesis.
i don't see any particular ferocity, they are just a murder and an attempted one like others and with mafia modality; waiting the guy in front of his home (sal zottola) and to know exactly where sylvester zottola was and at what time (mc drive), because it's evident they knew he had an appointment, i doubt they tailed him from throggs neck to there, the information came sure from mafia circles, outsiders couldn't know it at all, they would go after him next to his home at most
also the murder was committed in the bronx, not in manhattan, i donpt think it was so much in the news even in ny
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Why is Cammarano being under indictment or Mancuso being out on parole used as a reason for why this was not LCN related? Since when has an upcoming trial or parole ever stopped the top brass from ordering a hit? I can make a list as long as my leg of guys who were killed while the top guys were under indictment or in the middle of a trial. You don't get a pass from the hit parade because of an indictment or trial.

I have no idea if this was LCN related or not but if they wanted him dead an upcoming trial would not have stopped them.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

could it be possible that the hit has somethin to do with the conflict between the bronx and queens?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:40 pm
JCB1977 wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:06 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:39 pm 10-1 Boston. Only the 4th.

:mrgreen:

I fucking HATE the Yankees.

Hate.
Best franchise in the history of sports, like em or not. They will win multiple titles with this young core.
Agreed. The yankees are legendary and years ahead of their rebuild. Almost went to the series last year.

To cheer a Boston team makes me wanna vomit...

pats, red sox, that piece of shit accent, fuck them!
Try being a Dolphins fan living in New England...Booney should have yanked Sevy in the 3rd, bad mistake. They better get their heads out of their ass and get mentally right for tonite. Off CC can give us 5 strong, offense needs to wake the fuck up. Girardi NEVER should have been fired. He was a great manager. He interviewed for the Reds job last week.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:33 pm None of the above examples involves 'subcontracting' the hit out.

Later skater.
Hopefully more info will come out soon. Until then, all we can do is keep guessing (which I usually hate to do).

To review, my take is that when an LCN member or associate is killed "gangland style," it stands to reason it's going to be LCN-related. At least it will be far, far more often than otherwise; especially anything involving an outside group.

However, anything is possible, and if the drug beef theories end up being correct, I'll give them credit for making a correct guess that totally defies the odds.
JCB1977 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:34 amTry being a Dolphins fan living in New England...
I would have thought you'd be a Browns fan. Now there's a winning franchise.
All roads lead to New York.
sharpieone
Straightened out

Post by sharpieone »

fwiw, more and more albanians installing or overseeing joker poker machines in bx. there's one in every bar in country club and throgs neck. he may have been reluctant to let many locations go, as they machines have been mainstays for decades.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

The Albanians in the Bronx are terrifying and ruthless too. I had a run in with them at a bar by Fordham University in the Bronx back in the day when I was 23- they’re ruthless and don’t take shit from anyone!
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

slimshady_007 wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:33 am could it be possible that the hit has somethin to do with the conflict between the bronx and queens?
There is no Bronx v. Queens conflict. There was a Palazzolo and the Bronx Crew v. most of the rest of the family apart from a couple capos conflict.

scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

NJShore4Life wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:33 pm The Albanians in the Bronx are terrifying and ruthless too. I had a run in with them at a bar by Fordham University in the Bronx back in the day when I was 23- they’re ruthless and don’t take shit from anyone!
never heard about multiple murders or something so ruthless about them in the bronx, they are just an etnich group like another, the reputed extreme violence of albanians is just a myth inflated by media in my opinion
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

scagghiuni wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:42 pm
NJShore4Life wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:33 pm The Albanians in the Bronx are terrifying and ruthless too. I had a run in with them at a bar by Fordham University in the Bronx back in the day when I was 23- they’re ruthless and don’t take shit from anyone!
never heard about multiple murders or something so ruthless about them in the bronx, they are just an etnich group like another, the reputed extreme violence of albanians is just a myth inflated by media in my opinion
The Albanians are violent but what's been exaggerated by the media is them being some new superpower in the underworld pushing aside the Italian mob. That's proven no more true than when it was said about the Russians in the 1990's.
All roads lead to New York.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:46 pm
scagghiuni wrote: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:42 pm
The Albanians are violent but what's been exaggerated by the media is them being some new superpower in the underworld pushing aside the Italian mob. That's proven no more true than when it was said about the Russians in the 1990's.
Yes remember the gas station incident with the Gambinos. Squintieri warned them, no more. What you took you took, but it stops.