1980 Pittsburgh Chart

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JCB1977
Filthy Few

Re: 1980 Pittsburgh Chart

Post by JCB1977 »

Need photos for the following:

Robert, John and/or Gerald Sabatini. Manuel Xenakis, Steve Hatzimbes, Mauro Matone, Peter Mercurio Sr., Frank Unis Sr, Lawrence Amodie (New Castle, PA), Mike Martorella Sr, Fred Burdell Jr (Braddock Police chief, Sonny Amato brother in law), Ronald “Fat Sam” Plisco, August Campana, Augustine “Augie” Ferrone, Paul Flati, Joseph Roma, and Jeffrey Nordi, Samuel Lanzino, John Leone, John “Johnny A” Adams, Louis Masco, Anthony Murgie, Joseph & Paul Scolieri, Meyer Sigal (owner of Daily Juice Co.), Paul Folcarelli aka Paul Farrell, Frederick Piera (Johnstown), Albert Diulus & Frank Romano (Bobby I’s chief operatives), Paul Flati, Joseph Roma & Jeff Nordi (all 3 key operatives of Frank Unis operation in Beaver County) and Paul "Pinto" Holawatick.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

JCB1977 wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:02 am
SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:30 am Image
Stroccos wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:58 am
JCB1977 wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:38 am
phatmatress777 wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:17 am Did plans for this die on the vine?

Sent from my LGL158VL using Tapatalk
Not at all...It'll take a bit of time. The Governor is busy with NY project and I can't commit to getting it done ASAP. I work in clumps
It does takes quite Of bit of time to get it completed. When U get a chance Can update the picture needed list ?
Thank you, we have this photo. If you go back in earlier threads, I listed a bunch of pictures we need.
Ok thanks, I'll look for pictures and be sure they have not been already posted.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

JCB1977 wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:06 am Need photos for the following:

Robert, John and/or Gerald Sabatini. Manuel Xenakis, Steve Hatzimbes, Mauro Matone, Peter Mercurio Sr., Frank Unis Sr, Lawrence Amodie (New Castle, PA), Mike Martorella Sr, Fred Burdell Jr (Braddock Police chief, Sonny Amato brother in law), Ronald “Fat Sam” Plisco, August Campana, Augustine “Augie” Ferrone, Paul Flati, Joseph Roma, and Jeffrey Nordi, Samuel Lanzino, John Leone, John “Johnny A” Adams, Louis Masco, Anthony Murgie, Joseph & Paul Scolieri, Meyer Sigal (owner of Daily Juice Co.), Paul Folcarelli aka Paul Farrell, Frederick Piera (Johnstown), Albert Diulus & Frank Romano (Bobby I’s chief operatives), Paul Flati, Joseph Roma & Jeff Nordi (all 3 key operatives of Frank Unis operation in Beaver County) and Paul "Pinto" Holawatick.
Are you sure that's not a picture of Anthony Murgie with Charlie in one of my pictures?
I always thought it was as I met one of his brothers at camp or was it his cousin?
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

JCB1977 wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:06 am Need photos for the following:

I do not have any pictures on the List.
Know which Game to Play
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Wheeling, WV Faction

Paul "No Legs" Hankish- High ranking associate
James "Jimmy" Griffen- Paul's right hand man/chief enforcer

Hankish Associates

Christopher Hankish- Paul's son (Joey Naples Godson)
Theodore "Teddy' Tsoras
Donald "Moose" Musilli
Charles "Buddy" Jacovetty
Samuel Jacovetty
Charles Jacovetty Jr.
James Kupla
Eugene Peters
John Perrone-Florida contact for narcotics
Joseph Wojcik Jr
Jeffrey Wojcik
Robert Yanen
Charles Joseph
Joseph Mucheck
David Talbert
Robert "Codfish" Bricker- Notorious hitman for hire
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Hey fellas, let's stay on track for strictly 1980 Pittsburgh. Thanks.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
thejaredjoseph
Prospect

Post by thejaredjoseph »

Incredible thread, to say the least. Ive learned more in 1 hour than I have in years of searching the net. Amazing stuff, gentlemen. Thanks for sharing.
Ruggiero
Straightened out

Post by Ruggiero »

JCB1977 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:05 pm
Stroccos wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:24 pm
JCB1977 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:58 am New Kensington/Altoona/Johnstown 1980: (Joseph Regino was semi retired, living primarily in Florida) When Regino was semi retired, the Altoona/Johnstown operation was absorbed by Mannarino/Ciancutti

After the death of Kelly Mannarino on July 11, 1980, his protege Thomas "Sonny" Ciancutti took over the area:

Boss-Sonny Ciancutti

His associates were the following:

1. Jimmy Prato-Youngstown Capo (Prato answered directly to Kelly Mannarino)
2. Joey Naples-Youngstown (Naples answered directly to Ciancutti)
3. James "Jimmy the Greek" Ameris- New Ken major bookmaker (Westmoreland County)
4. Daniel "Speedo" Hanna- Arnold, PA (Westmoreland County)
5. Steven Hatzimbes- Lower Burrell, PA (Westmoreland County)
6. Robert "Bobby I" Iannelli- Pittsburgh (had his own massive network by 1985 after imprisonment of Tony Grosso)
7. Samuel "Sam" Lanzino- Lower Burrell, PA (Westmoreland County)
8. Peter Mercurio Sr.- Natrone Heights, PA (Allegheny County)
9. John Sabatini- Corapolis, PA (Allegheny County)
10. Robert "Bobby" Sabatini- Corapolis, PA (Allegheny County)
11. Gerald Sabatini- Corapolis, PA (Allegheny County)
12. Manuel "Manny" Xenakis- Corapolis, PA (Allegheny County)
13. Ralph "Big Head" Masselli- Pittsburgh, PA (Allegheny County)
14. John "Jack" Verilla-Made Member (Paid tribute to Kelly Mannarino and then Sonny Ciancutti)
15. John Caramadre- Verilla Associate, Altoona, PA
16. Vincent Caracciolo- Verilla Associate, Altoona, PA
17. Samuel "Sam Fashion" Fashionatta- Altoona, PA (Blair County)
18. Paul Folcarelli aka Paul Farrell- Altoona, PA
19. Joseph "The Weep" Ruggiero- Altoona, PA
20. Alfred "Freddie" Corbo- Largest bookmaker in Altoona, answered to Mannarino then Ciancutti
21. Frederick Piera- Johnstown, PA (Assumed control in 1981 of Dick Williams bookmaking operation-Cambria County)
22. Richard "Dick" Williams- Johnstown, PA (Cambria County)
23. Michael Gulino- Johnstown, PA (Cambria County)

**Jeffrey Risha (who would have been 27 years old in 1980 and Joseph Tobasco are candidates but I do not believe they were with Sonny in 1980, nor could I find any info that they were there in 1980.
Risha was most likely with his fathers bookmaking operation Tom risha his brother pat was also a bookie , I belive they operated in Washington and Fayette counties and allegany country but we can double check
The largest bookmaker in Fayette County was Melvin Pike. Hankish had him whacked in 1978 by Robert "Codfish" Bricker, a notorious hitman for hire, and LaRocca and Mannarino went ballistic. If they had known it was Paul, he'd have been dead. It didn't come out until his 1990 trial. Pike and Kelly were not just business associates, they were very close friends.
Who is Joseph Tobasco? My first thought was Joseph Pecora when I initially found the first mention i saw of him, but then again this has never been mentioned as JO-JO's nickname in any FBI report ive seen. I did see another mention in the J in J&Z vending which is what sparked my interest.

Thanks... Ruggiero
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

I wonder who the Z is in J&Z vending ;)
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Just in case you're headed to Jo Jo Pecora - Not!
Henry partnered with Jo Jo Tabasco in J&Z Vending out of McKees Rocks.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Ruggiero wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:53 pm
JCB1977 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:58 am New Kensington/Altoona/Johnstown 1980: (Joseph Regino was semi retired, living primarily in Florida) When Regino was semi retired, the Altoona/Johnstown operation was absorbed by Mannarino/Ciancutti

After the death of Kelly Mannarino on July 11, 1980, his protege Thomas "Sonny" Ciancutti took over the area:

Boss-Sonny Ciancutti

3. James "Jimmy the Greek" Ameris- New Ken major bookmaker (Westmoreland County)
6. Robert "Bobby I" Iannelli- Pittsburgh (had his own massive network by 1985 after imprisonment of Tony Grosso)
14. John "Jack" Verilla-Made Member (Paid tribute to Kelly Mannarino and then Sonny Ciancutti)
20. Alfred "Freddie" Corbo- Largest bookmaker in Altoona, answered to Mannarino then Ciancutti
21. Frederick Piera- Johnstown, PA (Assumed control in 1981 of Dick Williams bookmaking operation-Cambria County)

**Jeffrey Risha (who would have been 27 years old in 1980 and Joseph Tobasco are candidates but I do not believe they were with Sonny in 1980, nor could I find any info that they were there in 1980.
Risha was most likely with his fathers bookmaking operation Tom risha his brother pat was also a bookie , I belive they operated in Washington and Fayette counties and allegany country but we can double check
The largest bookmaker in Fayette County was Melvin Pike. Hankish had him whacked in 1978 by Robert "Codfish" Bricker, a notorious hitman for hire, and LaRocca and Mannarino went ballistic. If they had known it was Paul, he'd have been dead. It didn't come out until his 1990 trial. Pike and Kelly were not just business associates, they were very close friends.
Who is Joseph Tobasco? My first thought was Joseph Pecora when I initially found the first mention i saw of him, but then again this has never been mentioned as JO-JO's nickname in any FBI report ive seen. I did see another mention in the J in J&Z vending which is what sparked my interest.

Thanks... Ruggiero
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.legacy ... &fhid=4266
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Good get Stroccos :)
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

@Stroccos and FOH

Don’t indulge jaredjoseph or Ruggiero. Wild Indians who rob old ladies with gooks are low life pieces of shit. The red dot is back

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

JCB1977 wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:22 am @Stroccos and FOH

Don’t indulge jaredjoseph or Ruggiero. Wild Indians who rob old ladies with gooks are low life pieces of shit. The red dot is back
I think someone sent you a PM about Ruggiero and Antonino1939 ;) Never knew about jaredjoseph but I'll take your word for "IT" :x
Ruggiero
Straightened out

Post by Ruggiero »

Stroccos wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 5:27 am
Ruggiero wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:53 pm

Boss-Sonny Ciancutti

Thanks... Ruggiero
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.legacy ... &fhid=4266
Thanks for the response, neat find.