1980 Pittsburgh Chart

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JCB1977
Filthy Few

Re: 1980 Pittsburgh Chart

Post by JCB1977 »

So we could take Perfette out, but the rest of the guys were always Charlie's.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

JCB1977 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:58 am New Kensington/Altoona/Johnstown 1980: (Joseph Regino was semi retired, living primarily in Florida) When Regino was semi retired, the Altoona/Johnstown operation was absorbed by Mannarino/Ciancutti

After the death of Kelly Mannarino on July 11, 1980, his protege Thomas "Sonny" Ciancutti took over the area:

Boss-Sonny Ciancutti

His associates were the following:

1. Jimmy Prato-Youngstown Capo (Prato answered directly to Kelly Mannarino)
2. Joey Naples-Youngstown (Naples answered directly to Ciancutti)
3. James "Jimmy the Greek" Ameris- New Ken major bookmaker (Westmoreland County)
4. Daniel "Speedo" Hanna- Arnold, PA (Westmoreland County)
5. Steven Hatzimbes- Lower Burrell, PA (Westmoreland County)
6. Robert "Bobby I" Iannelli- Pittsburgh (had his own massive network by 1985 after imprisonment of Tony Grosso)
7. Samuel "Sam" Lanzino- Lower Burrell, PA (Westmoreland County)
8. Peter Mercurio Sr.- Natrone Heights, PA (Allegheny County)
9. John Sabatini- Corapolis, PA (Allegheny County)
10. Robert "Bobby" Sabatini- Corapolis, PA (Allegheny County)
11. Gerald Sabatini- Corapolis, PA (Allegheny County)
12. Manuel "Manny" Xenakis- Corapolis, PA (Allegheny County)
13. Ralph "Big Head" Masselli- Pittsburgh, PA (Allegheny County)
14. John "Jack" Verilla-Made Member (Paid tribute to Kelly Mannarino and then Sonny Ciancutti)
15. John Caramadre- Verilla Associate, Altoona, PA
16. Vincent Caracciolo- Verilla Associate, Altoona, PA
17. Samuel "Sam Fashion" Fashionatta- Altoona, PA (Blair County)
18. Paul Folcarelli aka Paul Farrell- Altoona, PA
19. Joseph "The Weep" Ruggiero- Altoona, PA
20. Alfred "Freddie" Corbo- Largest bookmaker in Altoona, answered to Mannarino then Ciancutti
21. Frederick Piera- Johnstown, PA (Assumed control in 1981 of Dick Williams bookmaking operation-Cambria County)
22. Richard "Dick" Williams- Johnstown, PA (Cambria County)
23. Michael Gulino- Johnstown, PA (Cambria County)

**Jeffrey Risha (who would have been 27 years old in 1980 and Joseph Tobasco are candidates but I do not believe they were with Sonny in 1980, nor could I find any info that they were there in 1980.
Risha was most likely with his fathers bookmaking operation Tom risha his brother pat was also a bookie , I belive they operated in Washington and Fayette counties and allegany country but we can double check
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Stroccos wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:24 pm
JCB1977 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:58 am New Kensington/Altoona/Johnstown 1980: (Joseph Regino was semi retired, living primarily in Florida) When Regino was semi retired, the Altoona/Johnstown operation was absorbed by Mannarino/Ciancutti

After the death of Kelly Mannarino on July 11, 1980, his protege Thomas "Sonny" Ciancutti took over the area:

Boss-Sonny Ciancutti

His associates were the following:

1. Jimmy Prato-Youngstown Capo (Prato answered directly to Kelly Mannarino)
2. Joey Naples-Youngstown (Naples answered directly to Ciancutti)
3. James "Jimmy the Greek" Ameris- New Ken major bookmaker (Westmoreland County)
4. Daniel "Speedo" Hanna- Arnold, PA (Westmoreland County)
5. Steven Hatzimbes- Lower Burrell, PA (Westmoreland County)
6. Robert "Bobby I" Iannelli- Pittsburgh (had his own massive network by 1985 after imprisonment of Tony Grosso)
7. Samuel "Sam" Lanzino- Lower Burrell, PA (Westmoreland County)
8. Peter Mercurio Sr.- Natrone Heights, PA (Allegheny County)
9. John Sabatini- Corapolis, PA (Allegheny County)
10. Robert "Bobby" Sabatini- Corapolis, PA (Allegheny County)
11. Gerald Sabatini- Corapolis, PA (Allegheny County)
12. Manuel "Manny" Xenakis- Corapolis, PA (Allegheny County)
13. Ralph "Big Head" Masselli- Pittsburgh, PA (Allegheny County)
14. John "Jack" Verilla-Made Member (Paid tribute to Kelly Mannarino and then Sonny Ciancutti)
15. John Caramadre- Verilla Associate, Altoona, PA
16. Vincent Caracciolo- Verilla Associate, Altoona, PA
17. Samuel "Sam Fashion" Fashionatta- Altoona, PA (Blair County)
18. Paul Folcarelli aka Paul Farrell- Altoona, PA
19. Joseph "The Weep" Ruggiero- Altoona, PA
20. Alfred "Freddie" Corbo- Largest bookmaker in Altoona, answered to Mannarino then Ciancutti
21. Frederick Piera- Johnstown, PA (Assumed control in 1981 of Dick Williams bookmaking operation-Cambria County)
22. Richard "Dick" Williams- Johnstown, PA (Cambria County)
23. Michael Gulino- Johnstown, PA (Cambria County)

**Jeffrey Risha (who would have been 27 years old in 1980 and Joseph Tobasco are candidates but I do not believe they were with Sonny in 1980, nor could I find any info that they were there in 1980.
Risha was most likely with his fathers bookmaking operation Tom risha his brother pat was also a bookie , I belive they operated in Washington and Fayette counties and allegany country but we can double check
The largest bookmaker in Fayette County was Melvin Pike. Hankish had him whacked in 1978 by Robert "Codfish" Bricker, a notorious hitman for hire, and LaRocca and Mannarino went ballistic. If they had known it was Paul, he'd have been dead. It didn't come out until his 1990 trial. Pike and Kelly were not just business associates, they were very close friends.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

So Imburglia, whatever we call him, was head of Eastern Ohio. Did YT retport to him or directly to Pittsburgh or both? Again like CL we're doing an LCN chart but we aren't limited to fitting everyone into a mob hierarchy. This is the one and only time there's ever going to be a chart on this era so let's A go to fuckin town and B let's get it right.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Chris Christie wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:35 pm So Imburglia, whatever we call him, was head of Eastern Ohio. Did YT retport to him or directly to Pittsburgh or both? Again like CL we're doing an LCN chart but we aren't limited to fitting everyone into a mob hierarchy. This is the one and only time there's ever going to be a chart on this era so let's A go to fuckin town and B let's get it right.
Both. In 1980, Jimmy Prato reported to Kelly Mannarino. The Youngstown faction always reported to Mannarino. Joey Naples reported to Sonny Ciancutti, Mannarino’s protege. Ironically, Joey was Prato’s protege.

Charlie reported directly to Mannarino and LaRocca and later to Genovese.

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

JCB1977 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:03 pm
Chris Christie wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:35 pm So Imburglia, whatever we call him, was head of Eastern Ohio. Did YT retport to him or directly to Pittsburgh or both? Again like CL we're doing an LCN chart but we aren't limited to fitting everyone into a mob hierarchy. This is the one and only time there's ever going to be a chart on this era so let's A go to fuckin town and B let's get it right.
Both. In 1980, Jimmy Prato reported to Kelly Mannarino. The Youngstown faction always reported to Mannarino. Joey Naples reported to Sonny Ciancutti, Mannarino’s protege. Ironically, Joey was Prato’s protege.

We floated "Family advisor," let me ask:
1 What was his Official rank in the mafia, he was either of soldier or captain rank. Memory serves it was unclear so I'd list him as soldier of theres nothing to indicate capo.
2 What was his "Role" within Pittsburgh LCN Politics and does "Family Adviser" do it justice? If Soldier or Capo dash "Eastern Ohio Boss/CL-PB Liason" fits then it is what it is.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Chris Christie wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:08 pm
JCB1977 wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:03 pm

We floated "Family advisor," let me ask:
1 What was his Official rank in the mafia, he was either of soldier or captain rank. Memory serves it was unclear so I'd list him as soldier of theres nothing to indicate capo.
2 What was his "Role" within Pittsburgh LCN Politics and does "Family Adviser" do it justice? If Soldier or Capo dash "Eastern Ohio Boss/CL-PB Liason" fits then it is what it is.
Charlie had Warren/Niles Ohio wired. He owned the politicians and judges. According to SA Roger Greenbank in the local 1058 hearing, Charlie was Consigliere from "at least" 1989. http://www.ipsn.org/pittsburgh/t2000-08t-03-9-2001.htm

My theory is that when Joe Sica's grandson Joey Rosa got indicted and decided to cooperate in 1988, Joe Sica fell out of favor. Mike Genovese summoned Joe to his car dealership and the Feds were listening according to trial transcripts in the 1990 Chucky Porter trial. Mike asked Joe if he could do anything to stop his grandson and Sica said he had no idea where he was to speak with him. https://archives.post-gazette.com/image ... Joe%2BSica

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Ok, so he was most likely a soldier who functioned as an Area Representative, unless LaRocca wanted to give him capo status. I myself see no point in doing that but I ain't La Rocca, doesn't matter what I think. So I guess there's nothing to indicate Imburglia's mafia rank before 1989?

And now this brings us to Sica. There was no official consig in 1980 and Sica more or less filled it functions in an informal capacity, not even as Acting?
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Ironcially The commission didn’t even include imburgia in the active mob member chart in there 1989 edition
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Chris Christie wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:16 pm Ok, so he was most likely a soldier who functioned as an Area Representative, unless LaRocca wanted to give him capo status. I myself see no point in doing that but I ain't La Rocca, doesn't matter what I think. So I guess there's nothing to indicate Imburglia's mafia rank before 1989?

And now this brings us to Sica. There was no official consig in 1980 and Sica more or less filled it functions in an informal capacity, not even as Acting?
Correct

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Stroccos wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:37 pm Ironcially The commission didn’t even include imburgia in the active mob member chart in there 1989 edition
But they did in 1990

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

I have Charlie’s FBI file. The FBI in Miami was following him to Joe Sonken’s Gold Coast Restaurant meeting with Peanuts Tronolone in 1983-1986. They had his phones tapped and said he was calling Mike Genovese’s number direct from his home to Mike’s home. Charlie was also meeting with Bufalino Family members at Joe Sonken’s joint. Unfortunately, a lot of the file is redacted but it definitely shows that he was very active while down in Florida

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

JCB1977 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:56 am I have Charlie’s FBI file. The FBI in Miami was following him to Joe Sonken’s Gold Coast Restaurant meeting with Peanuts Tronolone in 1983-1986. They had his phones tapped and said he was calling Mike Genovese’s number direct from his home to Mike’s home. Charlie was also meeting with Bufalino Family members at Joe Sonken’s joint. Unfortunately, a lot of the file is redacted but it definitely shows that he was very active while down in Florida
Hmm, okay. We need to include these cross-family connections then. In arranging the crews I'm trying to do it demographically west to east, Warren would be on the far left, followed by Youngstown, Stuebensville then we enter into the PA stuff. I'm thinking of putting the external guys at the top but that's subject to change.

So who else for Warren, just these four guys under him? Anyone else to add?
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

According to Charlie Imburgia's FBI file in 1986, sources said that Joey and all of Youngstown would "have to adhere" to Charlie. Charlie reported direct to Mike Genovese and was Consigliere. They described him as "dormant" and under the radar in his later years but that he definitely counseled and advised Mike on many matters. When Mike Genovese put Henry Zottola in as the conduit between Youngstown and Pittsburgh, the FBI would follow Zebo and his first stop in Youngstown was always at Nannicola Wholesale Bingo Supply where coincidentally, Charlie had an office. The FBI would watch Charlie and Henry talking (but this was later in 1990-1998).

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

JCB1977 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:44 am According to Charlie Imburgia's FBI file in 1986, sources said that Joey and all of Youngstown would "have to adhere" to Charlie. Charlie reported direct to Mike Genovese and was Consigliere. They described him as "dormant" and under the radar in his later years but that he definitely counseled and advised Mike on many matters. When Mike Genovese put Henry Zottola in as the conduit between Youngstown and Pittsburgh, the FBI would follow Zebo and his first stop in Youngstown was always at Nannicola Wholesale Bingo Supply where coincidentally, Charlie had an office. The FBI would watch Charlie and Henry talking (but this was later in 1990-1998).
That coincides with Henry spending more and more time at the All American Club and keeping an eye on Bernie. He would stay at Lennie's The Ramada Inn in Liberty and often would see me on his way to the club.
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola