Giancana’s killer revealed?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Re: Giancana’s killer revealed?

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

IMO- one of the reasons Accardo never went to prison is because
he killed peolpe who could put him there. e.g. Johnny Roselli.
Could the CIA or FBI have known? Sure, they had everyone bugged
back then.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

There were dozens of more dangerous people than Roselli in that regard.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Antiliar wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 2:58 pm Do you guys have any actual evidence that the CIA killed them?
Like Villain stated, "The CIA doesn't send their own to kill you".
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
PaddyWhack
Straightened out

Post by PaddyWhack »

I read and can’t remember where, Roselli was shelved because he had no use to the outfit, and his only connection to the outfit was Giancana . While sheleved and basically broke, he was making the rounds borrowing/extorting folks for money (Dalitz) under the guise he was still with the outfit. He burned bridges and complaints started rolling in. The outfit had no use for him and he was making noise so they hit him.
I’ve researched Cuban exiles to death, I know all the heavies that meant anything to anyone back then and IMHO he was killed by his own meaning the outfit (very strong feeling the German did the actual killing) FWIW
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Yeah, I have no reason to believe that he wasn't killed by the Outfit. Additionally, as in Chuck Nicoletti's case, why wait 15 years after the fact to off him?
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Still doesn't mean the CIA wasn't involved behind the scenes. Villain's arguement was that based upon the history of the CIA with these failed operations(Castro Assasination) The CIA have been behind the scenes in having people killed. Doesn't mean that they actually killed the people involved in failed operations. These are two seperate issues. One is being involved behind the scenes and the second is the people actually committing the murders. Don't know how else to explain it. For example, Just because Dominic Blasi most probably actually murdered Giancana, doesn't mean the CIA wasn't involved behind the scenes.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I think that's too risky. Say Blasi flips and says the CIA told him to kill Giancana. Doesn't make sense why they wouldn't do it in Mexico either where it would be easier to get away with.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Snakes wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:48 pm I think that's too risky. Say Blasi flips and says the CIA told him to kill Giancana. Doesn't make sense why they wouldn't do it in Mexico either where it would be easier to get away with.
The CIA most probably would have never talked to Blasi. Besides, they talked directly to Roselli and he basically flipped. The Outfit didn't have any power base in Mexico.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

What I meant was why wouldn't the CIA just send some guys to Sam's compound in Mexico and kill him.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Snakes wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:22 pm What I meant was why wouldn't the CIA just send some guys to Sam's compound in Mexico and kill him.
Because as Villain has previously stated now numerous times, the CIA operates behind the scenes. They always have someone else murder the victim. For example, in the case of a foreign overthrow of a Dictator, the CIA has traditionally convinced people close to the Dictator (his own people) to commit the murder. Anyway, we're starting to go in circles. If the premise that the "CIA operates behind the scenes" is not understood or agreed upon, then there is no point discussing it anymore.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Well, they could have gotten someone behind the scenes to murder them in Mexico, like a Mexican contact. I'm not sure why they would wait to return to the States where they could be under more scrutiny. Behind the scenes doesn't necessarily entail as high a profile murder as Giancana's was, either. Seems like he'd just disappear.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

You'll have to ask the CIA why they might trust the Chicago Outfit to take care of one of their own versus involving some Mexican strangers. lol
PaddyWhack
Straightened out

Post by PaddyWhack »

They had a guy in Mexico who did their killing who could have easily killed Giancana had the agency wanted him gone. He used the cover of “professional gambler” while in Mexico and Cuba. LOL if the agency wanted Giancana dead, he would have been SOL down in Mexico lol. This said individual was key in overthrowing Chile in 73 .
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

PaddyWhack wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:45 pm I read and can’t remember where, Roselli was shelved because he had no use to the outfit, and his only connection to the outfit was Giancana . While sheleved and basically broke, he was making the rounds borrowing/extorting folks for money (Dalitz) under the guise he was still with the outfit. He burned bridges and complaints started rolling in. The outfit had no use for him and he was making noise so they hit him.
I’ve researched Cuban exiles to death, I know all the heavies that meant anything to anyone back then and IMHO he was killed by his own meaning the outfit (very strong feeling the German did the actual killing) FWIW
Exactly
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Tony Sforza. He moved from Cuba to Mexico in 1971. He had done some killings for the Agency with a guy named David Morales. Maybe the CIA didn't care about Giancana as long as he was in Mexico? Giancana left Mexico in July of 1974 and was about to testify in June of 1975. He was killed in Chicago right before he was about to Testify. He would have never been called to Testify living in Mexico. It's all speculation based upon past CIA History. Nobody really knows. No point arguing about it because every point brought up has a possible counter. LOL