Carmine Persico´s father

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Carmine Persico´s father

Post by HairyKnuckles »

It´s generally believed that Persico´s father was a member of the Genovese Family. What reliable sources do we have that confirms this? Could it be just a myth that his father was involved or is there any truth to this? I remember reading somewhere that his father was a 9-5 working man, an accountant who commuted to Manhattan every day. What do you guys think?
There you have it, never printed before.
Rocco
Full Patched

Re: Carmine Persico´s father

Post by Rocco »

I have never heard that Carmines father was involved in lcn at all. From what I have read he was a legit working guy and their family was in no way poor. Carmine was just a fuck up and his brother Allie boy followed him into a life of crime.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I remember hearing that about Carmine's father for the longest time. I don't think anything has ever come out to support it though. Probably just one of those forum rumors.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

I agree with you. I think the origin of the myth lays in the Valachi Hearing Genovese chart where Carmine Persico is listed as a soldier, and a member of Mike Miranda´s crew. Not knowing that this was an error, people assumed (although the picture on the chart clearly depicts Persico Jr) that this was his father.

Accountant or not, Persico Sr was a wife beater. (From Brooklyn Daily Eagle, June 28, 1930):

Can´t find any article that ties Persico Sr to organized crime.
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

HairyKnuckles wrote:I agree with you. I think the origin of the myth lays in the Valachi Hearing Genovese chart where Carmine Persico is listed as a soldier, and a member of Mike Miranda´s crew. Not knowing that this was an error, people assumed (although the picture on the chart clearly depicts Persico Jr) that this was his father.

Accountant or not, Persico Sr was a wife beater. (From Brooklyn Daily Eagle, June 28, 1930):

Can´t find any article that ties Persico Sr to organized crime.
Are you sure that that was acctuallt carmines father?It seems hes a little too young..but than again he could of have allie boy with only 19 years old so..
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

If it is carmines father,that would probablly be the adress where carmine and his brothers grew up.So thats pretty cool.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

AlexfromSouth wrote:If it is carmines father,that would probablly be the adress where carmine and his brothers grew up.So thats pretty cool.
Yes I´m positively sure. Carmine Jr´s mother´s name was Susan (Assunta). The family later moved to 636 (or 637) Carroll Street, wich is in the neigborhood of the address given in the article.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Ah the good old days where crime was so rare that a simple disorderly conduct charge made the papers.

Pogo
Last edited by Pogo The Clown on Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

Oh ok than,i didnt pay attention to the mothers name.He was anthony casso s neighbour.Interasting,got some more adresses from south bk wiseguys?Like shades malagnone etc..
phatmatress
Straightened out

Post by phatmatress »

Pogo The Clown wrote:Ah the good old days where crime was so rare that a simple disorderly conduct charge made the papers.

Pogo
oh the days when you could blacken a woman's eye and only get a disorderly

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Yeah I think it might be similar to the internet stuff that always said scarfos father was a genovese soldier or whatever then in his book leonetti confirmed his grandfather was actually a legit hardworking guy never in the life
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

Is Persico a Sicilian last name?How did Persico come under Frank Abbatemarco?