Dom Grande’s House Vandalized

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JCB1977
Filthy Few

Re: Dom Grande’s House Vandalized

Post by JCB1977 »

John W wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:32 pm Iv always thought that the feds are waiting for Joey to be locked up for the gambling charge he pleaded too recently before unsealing their indictment and rounding everyone up, if the Feds can prove the hit was okayed by Merlino then he is going away for life on murder conspiracy plus whatever else they have on him, maybe that’s why he is selling his house.

Just my opinion of course
If Joey claims residency in Florida, his assets (home) will be protected under the Homestead Exemption Act, meaning it could NEVER be seized by the Feds. Which is why the head of Worldcom and other business executives who were convicted of embezzlement/cooking the books all have homes there. OJ moved there so the Browns and Goldman’s couldn’t legally go after his assets.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

JCB1977 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:47 pm
John W wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:32 pm Iv always thought that the feds are waiting for Joey to be locked up for the gambling charge he pleaded too recently before unsealing their indictment and rounding everyone up, if the Feds can prove the hit was okayed by Merlino then he is going away for life on murder conspiracy plus whatever else they have on him, maybe that’s why he is selling his house.

If Joey claims residency in Florida, his assets (home) will be protected under the Homestead Exemption Act, meaning it could NEVER be seized by the Feds. Which is why the head of Worldcom and other business executives who were convicted of embezzlement/cooking the books all have homes there. OJ moved there so the Browns and Goldman’s couldn’t legally go after his assets.
So the Homestead Exemption Act is a Florida real estate law?
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Chucky wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:02 am 10th and O collapsed after the Turras imploded and there wasn't anyone to fill the void, they weren't a big group to begin with. Andy Micali and Bill DePena were 10th and O guys and ended up with Nicodemo down the line, Grande was never with 10th and O.
Chucky all due respect he used to hang out all the time with the 10th and O guys and was more about his guys/corner. He never really hung with mob guys until 10-15 years ago...
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:17 pm

So the Homestead Exemption Act is a Florida real estate law?
The only way I know that anybody can put a lien on an Owners house in Florida who has filed for the Homestead Exemption Act to satisfy a debt would be if the owner owes back taxes to the State of Florida or some other Government Agency in Florida. That's about it. Almost all States have a Homestead Exemption that you can file with the State in which you live except a few. Can't remember the few without looking it up. Florida is defintely the best in the Nation.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

How sure are you of this?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:32 pm

How sure are you of this?
Florida Law protects homeowners who are permanent Florida residents from a seizure or forced sale to satisfy creditors. Some States will limit the amount of protection, but under Florida law the Homestead Protection is unlimited. I seriously doubt the Feds could seize his home in Florida as long as Merlino has filed for the Homestead Exemption and has a valid Florida Driver's License. However, that being said, If the Feds could prove that Merlino used illegal money to purchase the Home in Florida, that might be different and would have to be researched. I still doubt it.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:33 pm
Confederate wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:48 pm
TJ wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:21 pm Jcb , i certainly agree that O.C isnt what it was, no doubt..But, i argue the premise tgat the old timers were of a.different ilk..im not old or young, know a good amount of todays old timers and knew guys much older than them..i can from my own experiences.say.a wiseguy..is a wiseguy..yes times have changed..i argue with friends all the time about time and eras..lets say football..butkus AS constituted his size and speed couldnt play major d1 let alone be pro hall of famer..BUT give him the training and opportunities kids have today, and his heart and mind would get him there..maybe a bad analogy, give the feds the tools they have now, give the youth(wiseguys) of the 40s and 50s the DRUG OPPORTUNiTIES and consequently drug epidemics, we probably arent looking at the gambinos, genovese, accardos in the same light we are today
There was plenty of drugs in the 50's 60's 70's. Even though all the mobsters from the past and present did bad things, (some worse than others), the general CHARACTER of the Mobster from years ago was of a much higher caliber in the same way that the America from the 1950's is way different and better than the America of 2018 which is slowly turning into a liberal immigrant shithole. Feds or no Feds, America has gone way downhill and the American Mafia has gone right with it hand in hand. There is no difference. I see your point but I have to agree with JCB'S opinion. If the American Mafia wants to really rebuild itself. They need to do a LARGE recruitment of Zips, not these 3rd and 4rth generation younger Italian American wigger types who are delusional. The decline of the American Mafia is tied directly with the decline of America. It's much more of a cultural thing.
People thought the days of vast European immigrantion were over.

Until Europe opened the door to millions of sub Saharan African muslim’s (mostly men) for cultural ‘enrichment’ and ‘egalitarian’, ‘reasons’.

The next flight of Europeans may still be on the cards.

I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Douglas Murray’s ‘The strange death of europe’ book. It pops up as audio on YouTube for easier digestion and availability as well.

HIGHLY recommend, gents.
Would be good for usa to get more EU immigration and it’s eorked in the past. Several EU counties have bad demographics of flat to shrinking & aging population thats going to strain their finances given more their pensions and health care inflation . Immigration can be messy at first and it’s pretty easy for a politician today to rile people up with fear and a lil hating but unless they start popping up new kids in a hurry bringing immigrantion ( unfortunately I’m biased and say under 40 only due to retiree costs lol ), there aren’t many other solutions then steady young immigrants to finance what will be a huge retiree population in 10-15 years . It’s could get ugly in some of those shrinking demographic EU counties and it’s going to get even uglier if they keep exporting their money into the US instead of bringing it back home. Right or wrong the financial system is strongly geared toward success for the US as things stand today but things could obviously change
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Leave the politics to the politics folder. Let's get back to Grande, Philly, etc.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

@ Confederate: that’s the key issue. Illegal gain. I am of the opinion that seizure through debt would likely be, cough, unlikely, but I am STRONGLY of the opinion that if gained through unlawful means, it would be game on.

Otherwise everyone from Pablo Escobar to El Chapo to ‘name a medallion cartel leader here’ would have mansions untouched and shiny new in Florida. Obviously that’s, NOT, the case.

@Snakes: BOOOOO!
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:02 pm @ Confederate: that’s the key issue. Illegal gain. I am of the opinion that seizure through debt would likely be, cough, unlikely, but I am STRONGLY of the opinion that if gained through unlawful means, it would be game on.

Otherwise everyone from Pablo Escobar to El Chapo to ‘name a medallion cartel leader here’ would have mansions untouched and shiny new in Florida. Obviously that’s, NOT, the case.

Yes, that could be. There are many questions that would have to be answered. For example: Is the house in Merlino's name? When did Merlino buy the House in Florida if it is in his name? How did Merlino buy the House? Is the House all paid or is there a Mortgage? What funds were used to buy the House? The Feds would have to find out the answer to these questions and then assuming the House was bought in his name, they would have to PROVE that Merlino bought the House with illegal gains. I think all of that is difficult to prove, but possible.

Pablo Escobar would be much easier to prove for obvious reason. Merlino compared to him would be like comparing a grade school football team to the Miami Dolphins. :lol:
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Confederate wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:23 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:02 pm @ Confederate: that’s the key issue. Illegal gain. I am of the opinion that seizure through debt would likely be, cough, unlikely, but I am STRONGLY of the opinion that if gained through unlawful means, it would be game on.

Yes, that could be. There are many questions that would have to be answered. For example: Is the house in Merlino's name? When did Merlino buy the House in Florida if it is in his name? How did Merlino buy the House? Is the House all paid or is there a Mortgage? What funds were used to buy the House? The Feds would have to find out the answer to these questions and then assuming the House was bought in his name, they would have to PROVE that Merlino bought the House with illegal gains. I think all of that is difficult to prove, but possible.

Pablo Escobar would be much easier to prove for obvious reason. Merlino compared to him would be like comparing a grade school football team to the Miami Dolphins. :lol:
Not really.

If Merlino lodges tax returns indicating an income of say $50k a year and the house was $4mill for example, then the feds would have no problem.
It’s about proving a legitimate income vs lifestyle lived. That’s all.
And if you can’t prove it, within reason, and the feds can show cause it was illicitly gained. Goodbye.
No ones ‘comparing’ Merlino to Pablo Escobar. I was indicating if property gained via illegal means could not be siezed, then every drug kingping and criminal in the world would have property in Florida.
And that’s just not the case.

Ask Ronald Giallanzo why he’s selling his house?
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

NJShore4Life wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:28 pm
Chucky wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:02 am 10th and O collapsed after the Turras imploded and there wasn't anyone to fill the void, they weren't a big group to begin with. Andy Micali and Bill DePena were 10th and O guys and ended up with Nicodemo down the line, Grande was never with 10th and O.
Chucky all due respect he used to hang out all the time with the 10th and O guys and was more about his guys/corner. He never really hung with mob guys until 10-15 years ago...
Check your pms
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Yeah, I agree. IF merlino actually bought the house in his name and IF the House is worth way more than his income, then it would be possible for the Feds to make a case against him and confiscate it.

The comment about old Pablo Escobar was a joke. He is worth personally more money than Merlino would be in 500 lifetimes. :lol:
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

B. wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:32 pm John Grande was proposed by 1969 but that ceremony didn't end up taking place that year. One report has Joe Ciancaglini being made by the early 1970s so Grande was probably made before that or at the same time.

Thanks. Curious about the early 70s for Ciancaglini. Leonetti has him being made late (1976 or 77).

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:42 am
B. wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:32 pm John Grande was proposed by 1969 but that ceremony didn't end up taking place that year. One report has Joe Ciancaglini being made by the early 1970s so Grande was probably made before that or at the same time.

Thanks. Curious about the early 70s for Ciancaglini. Leonetti has him being made late (1976 or 77).

Pogo
This was from a PA senate report. I personally leaned toward him being made later as well. There were a few names proposed for membership in the late 1960s that are unidentified and we know he had already participated in a hit for the family by the late 1960s, so it's possible he could have been one of them, but I would guess he was made after Frank Sindone.