Was Dellacroce an infomer?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Hellboy 17
Associate

Re: Was Dellacroce an infomer?

Post by Hellboy 17 »

Is this Sclafini related at all to Joe Sclafini? The guy busted awhile back for selling coke.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

yes
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

There's a history of bosses and high-ranking members labeling people rats in order to justify murders, but I don't know of any other examples where a random soldier reported a high-ranking member as a rat and apparently had LE documentation to back it up, along with a history of obtaining other LE documentation that had previously assisted the family.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

hello B just a small example, a girl told anthony capo john damato was having sex with a black guy. he went to palermo, rotundo and they killed him, they "say" he had an fbi agents card on him, if i remember that right, i could be off base,
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

bronx wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:35 pm hello B just a small example, a girl told anthony capo john damato was having sex with a black guy. he went to palermo, rotundo and they killed him, they "say" he had an fbi agents card on him, if i remember that right, i could be off base,
I don't believe I've heard the bit about the FBI card. I've always felt the bit about the black guy was bullshit and I believe info has come out that D'Amato was suspected of making a power play to take over the family, which may have been the real reason they took him out. There was some talk about it in one of the DeCav threads JD started and I believe Palermo or Rotondo discussed it. Maybe Pogo has it saved, as search on here is terrible.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

You're right, I remember that post. The gay accusations were merely a smokescreen to justify taking him out.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

The DeCavalcantes didn't harbor a faggot.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

missing my point, made guy had a boss killed with "info"
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I def respect your perspective but from info that has come out the family was looking for an excuse to take out D'Amato who the rest of the leadership was unhappy with. If it's true he was killed only for the gay rumors then that's still a different situation.

Sclafani looks to have been on his own completely with the DeCicco accusation and the Castellano administration did nothing despite whatever evidence Sclafani had, then Gotti and DeCicco killed Sclafani. I'm surprised how little has come out about the DeCicco rumor. Gravano dismissed it in his book but he was a huge DeCicco fan. LE typically doesn't confirm the identities of informants even when they're deceased but would have been cool if they followed up on this one. Would be good to know exactly what Sclafani's document said, too.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

bronx wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:41 pm missing my point, made guy had a boss killed with "info"
He was just quoting the Sopranos.
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

Snakes wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:05 pm
bronx wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:41 pm missing my point, made guy had a boss killed with "info"
He was just quoting the Sopranos.
Amazing that people don't catch that still
I get it....first rule of fight club.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

oh..no clue .i maybe watched 4 episodes of soprano's thanks Snakes
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

B, i do not remember him producing paper work.. like a 302?
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

B. wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:31 pm I believe the agents specifically said it was a Gambino member who reported the Commission meeting. There's no reason to think it was Scarpa.

Carmine Lombardozzi was still alive at that point and had been previously active as an informant. I'm not sure if he'd have been in the loop on the Commission activities or if he had continued to inform in any capacity into the 1980s, but he is another possibility.
The tip must have come from somebody who was going to be there or somebody who was going to drive one of the bosses there. That´s the most logical explanation for the successful catch. Usually the bosses do not tell their underlings where exactly a meeting will take place. In their eyes, they don´t need to know the details. Another possibility is that the tip came from the house owner. Do anyone know who the house owner was at the time? That could narrow it down in finding out who the tipster was.
There you have it, never printed before.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Gus Sclafani's mother-in-law worked for the courts and had been passing information along to Sclafani, Joe Corrao, and others since at least the mid-1970s. From what I've read, all of the known information she passed along except the info the prosecutors used to set her up was accurate. It's likely she passed along other information that she was not charged with and that LE was not aware of. This is from the NYT:
The racketeering indictment charged that Mrs. Russo conspired from 1975 to 1983 - when she worked in the criminal division of the court - with Gambino family leaders, including the late boss of the family, Paul Castellano, to obtain and pass on information about secret grand jury matters and other criminal proceedings. The information helped organized-crime members flee to avoid arrest and prosecution, the indictment asserted.

In the two counts to which she pleaded guilty, Mrs. Russo was charged with conspiring to obstruct justice with her son-in-law, Augustus Sclafani, who has been identified as being associated with the Gambino group. He is listed as a fugitive, but law-enforcement agents say they believe he is dead.

One of the counts said Mrs. Russo provided information in April 1983 about a sealed grand jury indictment against Alphonse (Junior) Persico, the son of Carmine Persico, who the authorities say is the head of Colombo organized-crime group in the city.

The other said that, in September 1983, she passed on information about another sealed indictment. But that indictment, according to two prosecutors, Douglas E. Grover and Laura A. Ward, was ''specious'' and had been drawn up to test the honesty of Mrs. Russo, who had come under suspicion.

In both instances, according to the charges, she gave the confidential information to Joseph Corrao, a reputed Gambino captain, who is one of those scheduled for trial Monday.
I can't find an actual quote, but I have read before that Sclafani picked up the DeCicco / informant rumor through this source. Gravano's 302 says that Sclafani claimed to have a "source in law enforcement" claiming DeCicco was informing.
HairyKnuckles wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:13 am The tip must have come from somebody who was going to be there or somebody who was going to drive one of the bosses there. That´s the most logical explanation for the successful catch. Usually the bosses do not tell their underlings where exactly a meeting will take place. In their eyes, they don´t need to know the details. Another possibility is that the tip came from the house owner. Do anyone know who the house owner was at the time? That could narrow it down in finding out who the tipster was.
The Commission meeting was held at the home of one of Tommy Bilotti's relatives. DeCicco served as the chauffeur taking the different family representatives from their cars to the home where the meeting was located. The tip was said to be from an existing informant with the codename "Mr. G" (not clear if that was his actual codename or used only for the Boss of Bosses book), said to be a Gambino member, I believe.