Was Dellacroce an infomer?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Was Dellacroce an infomer?

Post by TommyNoto »

Responding to the post about a Ravenite bug since 1980 and no arrest . The FBI said that the Ravenite bugs were
Pretty useless for Gotti due to the excessive sound and it’s reasonable to assume the same was the case with Dellecroce.

I personally highly doubt Neil was a CI . Didn’t he go to jail for 5 years over a BS tax charge in the 70s which resulted from his excessive gambling in Puerto Rico and the Feds comparing that to his stated income ? I could be wrong but I thought I read that’s the case and that doesn’t sound like a CI sentence lol
Benandjosh
Associate

Post by Benandjosh »

So what happened to sclafani after he made the accusation against decicco
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

TommyNoto wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:45 pm Responding to the post about a Ravenite bug since 1980 and no arrest . The FBI said that the Ravenite bugs were
Pretty useless for Gotti due to the excessive sound and it’s reasonable to assume the same was the case with Dellecroce.

I personally highly doubt Neil was a CI . Didn’t he go to jail for 5 years over a BS tax charge in the 70s which resulted from his excessive gambling in Puerto Rico and the Feds comparing that to his stated income ? I could be wrong but I thought I read that’s the case and that doesn’t sound like a CI sentence lol
The Gotti bug that nailed him was placed in 1988. So the bug placed in 1980 is entirely different. Maybe the 1980 bug had similar audio problems, I don't know.

Dellacroce's arrest record can be viewed in the NY Times article I linked earlier,

https://www.nytimes.com/1985/12/04/nyre ... igure.html
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

That bug that got him was in the apt of a former soldier and not the Ravenite I believe
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

Some old lady's apt
I get it....first rule of fight club.
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

Eld wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:57 pm
AlexfromSouth wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:44 am
Eld wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:33 am Re-reading the Gravano FBI debriefings it seems Gus Sclafani made a "beef", a formal complaint against DeCicco, not just spreading a rumour.

As an interesting note, when DeCicco was arrested for hijacking in 1969 along with Mikey Paradiso (resulting in the 1970 prison photo with them two and John Gotti) the police stated that they on a tipped off about the hijacking. But of course why would DeCicco inform on a hijacking he himself was in on.
I thought DeCicco was arrested in '66?
He could have been, this newspaper clipping is from August 9 1969.
Nice article, how dis you find it? JOE sis Siciliano was made in the Olympio Garofolo crew. Don't know about John Campanella
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

john beansie was not made ,very close to frank d, huge gambling issues through out his life kept him down.his brother joe is a made guy with bonano's..beans was also an armored car stick up guy ..
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

bronx wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:25 pm john beansie was not made ,very close to frank d, huge gambling issues through out his life kept him down.his brother joe is a made guy with bonano's..beans was also an armored car stick up guy ..
They wete from little italy? What about Joe sis, remmember him?
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

B. wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:37 pm Wouldn't be surprising at this point if Dellacroce gave up info, as others have said. Informants/witnesses are often killers and otherwise known as tough guys. It could be that sociopathic tendencies lend themselves to both killing your associates and hurting them legally. I believe the newspaper article about Dellacroce said he had been informing for decades. Consider that Dellacroce was in an incredibly difficult position after the Anastasia murder, with the Robilotto/Rava faction he was a part of potentially going to war with the Biondo/Riccobono/Gambino faction. There then appears to have been in-fighting between Robilotto and Rava, with both ending up dead. Dellacroce somehow was able to negotiate himself into a favorable position with the new regime and it doesn't seem too crazy that he may have been making negotiations "outside" the mafia as well but who knows. Other unlikely informants like Bill Bonanno and others began to cooperate under similar circumstances.

As for the article itself, some aspects of it sound ridiculous, like the agent rolling up to the Ravenite. That said, it is hard to believe the journalist made the entire story up himself just to fuck with everyone. It's more likely a source in LE dropped the info to him. Whether or not an LE source would have the motivation to give Dellacroce/the mafia a black eye is another question. Would be curious if JD or HK or anyone has seen any informants in old docs who could potentially fit Dellacroce's profile.

Re-reading my old post about DeCicco, I sounded a bit too "convinced" that DeCicco was an informant, but I did want to make the argument even though there may have been other candidates we're not aware of. DeCicco does seem to have been at the center of several "interesting" situations. The agents said the Commission informant was a "Mr. G" in their book (which contained admitted lies/misinformation) but that could stand for anything, including "Gambino". Greg Scarpa was not in a position to know about a Commission meeting from any of the available information we have. He was already suspected of being an informant by the Colombo leadership and there's no reason to believe he was close enough to the Colombo representatives to hear about the time/date/location of a Commission meeting. I'm not sure if the public Scarpa files cover the exact timeline of that Commission meeting but I've read through most of his info on the 1980s and haven't seen anything about it.
Is it not possible that Vincent cafaro gave the info about the concrete commission meeting ??
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

sure ,joe was very close to frank d. got made late in life then died in prison
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

DPG wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:28 pm
SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:17 pm
DPG wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:13 pm
Eld wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:33 am Re-reading the Gravano FBI debriefings it seems Gus Sclafani made a "beef", a formal complaint against DeCicco, not just spreading a rumour.

As an interesting note, when DeCicco was arrested for hijacking in 1969 along with Mikey Paradiso (resulting in the 1970 prison photo with them two and John Gotti) the police stated that they on a tipped off about the hijacking. But of course why would DeCicco inform on a hijacking he himself was in on.
Thats my whole thing with this that didnt seem right to me. Whats the point in a rumor? If you know hes informing go straight to the damn boss with it.
There was an article written when Neil was alive that stated he was a CI.
No one realy beleives it.
I was referring to this whole Sclafani/DeCicco thing.
My mistake. I never heard about the other guys informing until
this post.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

bronx wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 5:56 am sure ,joe was very close to frank d. got made late in life then died in prison
Wasn't made in the 70s?
Sam22
Honorary Member

Post by Sam22 »

I never really heard much about Deccico on the bug at big Pauls house. Could that be telling ? If he was informing and they asked about his house he would have to be pretty stupid to not get the hint that they were going to bug it. Thus avoiding being picked up on it. As far as I know he was not indicted in the gambino hierarchy case with Armone and Joe Gallo. I don't believe Tommy Gambino was indicted either and he was picked up quite a bit on it too.
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

Benandjosh wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:10 pm So does anyone think the fbi have ever had a family boss as a c.i. Seems they got pretty close if indeed dellacroce and/or decicco were c.i.s
I remember a report about an early Detroit boss being an informer.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I believe the agents specifically said it was a Gambino member who reported the Commission meeting. There's no reason to think it was Scarpa.

Carmine Lombardozzi was still alive at that point and had been previously active as an informant. I'm not sure if he'd have been in the loop on the Commission activities or if he had continued to inform in any capacity into the 1980s, but he is another possibility.