General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

aleksandrored
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by aleksandrored »

At the time when Lucky Luciano and Joseph Bonanno were made, was there that ceremonial ritual we know? or was the procedure for entering a family easier at that time?
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

aleksandrored wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:30 am At the time when Lucky Luciano and Joseph Bonanno were made, was there that ceremonial ritual we know? or was the procedure for entering a family easier at that time?
it was the same, the sicilians impoted it in the states, in sicily that ceremonial ritual was used since the beginning of 1800s
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Joe Bonanno claims there was no formal ceremony for his induction, only a dinner meeting, or he purposely omitted those details. I used to think it was the latter, but now that we know the Bonannos have done an overwhelming number of verbal-only "ceremonies" spanning decades, I think it's possible he was telling the truth.

But for the mafia in general, Scagghiuni is right that there is plenty of information showing that the traditional ceremony has been done in most cases going back to the earliest known times.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

B. wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:33 pm Joe Bonanno claims there was no formal ceremony for his induction, only a dinner meeting, or he purposely omitted those details. I used to think it was the latter, but now that we know the Bonannos have done an overwhelming number of verbal-only "ceremonies" spanning decades, I think it's possible he was telling the truth.

But for the mafia in general, Scagghiuni is right that there is plenty of information showing that the traditional ceremony has been done in most cases going back to the earliest known times.
I read his bio decades ago and vaguely recall he went through a ceremony.

Can someone who’s read his bio or has it at hand, confirm or deny.

I may be wrong but thought quite sure there was a passage concerning such.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

I’d also like to point out people love to shit on JB, but he’s one of, if not the most successful mobsters of all time.

Made at an incredibly young age, Capo at again a young age, and Boss, young. Boss also for a huge timeframe and period, never went to jail and died an old man in his own bed.

How many comparables?

Few.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:33 pm I’d also like to point out people love to shit on JB, but he’s one of, if not the most successful mobsters of all time.

Made at an incredibly young age, Capo at again a young age, and Boss, young. Boss also for a huge timeframe and period, never went to jail and died an old man in his own bed.

How many comparables?

Few.
I’m pretty sure he went to jail in the 80s for contempt, no?
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:29 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 6:33 pm I’d also like to point out people love to shit on JB, but he’s one of, if not the most successful mobsters of all time.

How many comparables?

Few.
Does that really change the crux of my point?

You don’t win points for semantics.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:32 pm

How many comparables?

Few.
Does that really change the crux of my point?

You don’t win points for semantics.
Yes he was a successfull mobster. I believe he wasnt locked up for a long period of time. Carlo Gambino and Tony Accardo, Gagliano, Luchesse and Profaci are a few others that were boss for a long time frame that I believe didn't do time in the joint.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

It looks like Joe Bonanno was locked up for approximately 14 months, not bad for a guy in the Mafia for over 50 to 60 years.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

How many comparables?

Few.
No way. He spent one night in Jail on Fedruary 12, 1945 which was that Yankee Hypocrite Lincoln's Birthday. Accardo was picked up that day for questioning but since the Courts were closed for the Holiday, he had to spend one night in Jail until the next morning. That was it. One night because of a technicality, never for any conviction.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Confederate wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:21 pm

How many comparables?

Few.
No way. He spent one night in Jail on Fedruary 12, 1945 which was that Yankee Hypocrite Lincoln's Birthday. Accardo was picked up that day for questioning but since the Courts were closed for the Holiday, he had to spend one night in Jail until the next morning. That was it. One night because of a technicality, never for any conviction.
I think he was referring to Bonnano not Accardo.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Frank wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:41 pm
Confederate wrote: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:21 pm

How many comparables?

Few.
I think he was referring to Bonnano not Accardo.
Oh, My mistake. When Sonny said "JB" i thought he was talking about Tony Accardo (Joe Batters). lol
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Bonanno went for contempt for refusing to testify about his book. I think part of the reason he was succesfull was also bc of his son poaaibly being a CI.

And there are rumors about Accardo as well. I am not as convinced about that tho
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

The Mob - 86th Street
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1YCQMyjN2g

This is a 1992 single released by none other than Colombo/Wimpy Boys associate Frank 'Frankie Steel' Pontillo during the heart of the family war. Pontillo was a loanshark who shot at Louis 'Bobo' Malpeso during the war. He received a 14-year sentence but got extra years tacked on for a prison bribery scheme. After his release he got involved in drugs and became a DEA informer in 2011. I don't think this deserves its own thread, but I thought it was interesting enough to share. Pontillo was 22 when this song came out.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

gohnjotti wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:38 am The Mob - 86th Street
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1YCQMyjN2g

This is a 1992 single released by none other than Colombo/Wimpy Boys associate Frank 'Frankie Steel' Pontillo during the heart of the family war. Pontillo was a loanshark who shot at Louis 'Bobo' Malpeso during the war. He received a 14-year sentence but got extra years tacked on for a prison bribery scheme. After his release he got involved in drugs and became a DEA informer in 2011. I don't think this deserves its own thread, but I thought it was interesting enough to share. Pontillo was 22 when this song came out.
God that was terrible.

Was Frankie Steele the guy on that documentary series who ran a gambling business, really good, semi recent doco. Turns out he was a rat.