DeCavalcante Bust

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: DeCavalcante Bust

Post by Wiseguy »

I found this part of a recent article on the bust interesting. The full article can be read at the link below.

Their history has been marked by something of an inferiority complex. John Gotti, the late boss of the powerful Gambino crime family, is reported to have once referred to them as "our farm team.''

The feds say the family remains under the control of the Gambinos -- a shift believed to have taken place in the late 1980s around the time DeCavalcante crime family captain Vincent (Jimmy) Rotondo was gunned down.

His son, Anthony, testified that after his father's death, Gotti swiftly moved in to wrest control of the DeCavalcantes' away from the Genovese family.

Anthony Rotondo, who became a government cooperator, said the takeover occurred after his father's 1988 killing during a funeral home meeting between Gotti and John Riggi, then the alleged boss of the DeCavalcantes.

"When they came out, John Riggi was white as a sheet," Rotondo testified during a 2004 trial in Manhattan Federal Court. "John Gotti told him the DeCavalcante family would now answer to him."

Wiretaps, prison, death take toll on mob family that inspired 'The Sopranos,' experts say
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2015/0 ... _that.html
All roads lead to New York.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Like I mentioned earlier, they have been "under" the Gambinos since the time Sam DeCavalcante took over, if not earlier. I am guessing it let up a bit during the transition years from Gambino>Castellano and DeCavalcante>Riggi, and then Gotti came in to aggressively lord over them again. Sam DeCavalcante made a lot of decisions on the "advice" of Carlo Gambino, who he was very close to.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

just read the indictment...you have to know he is UC soon as he keeps buying the coke.

1) it never weighed right
2) he was over paying
3) hes coming back every 5 days?????????????????

dumb fuckers
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

guys paying 27,500 for a half a key. RED FLAG
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

run like a fucking deer
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Cheech wrote:just read the indictment...you have to know he is UC soon as he keeps buying the coke.

1) it never weighed right
2) he was over paying
3) hes coming back every 5 days?????????????????

dumb fuckers
You can't fix stupid......
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

anybody i mean anybody buying that weight and flipping it every five days KNOWS they are getting ripped off on price. im still shaking my head at 27.5
toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by toto »

What should the price be?

Anyway, these guys think they are the cleverest and greed makes them happy to rip somebody off and that's what stops them from smelling the cops or informants. They try to rip people off all the time and so they get real happy when they succeed. They just think they are ripping of a stupid person.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

not 27.5
brianwellbrock
Straightened out

Post by brianwellbrock »

Yeah I thought the same thing when I read it. Somebody willing to pay 27.5 for a half kilo is either a jackboy or a snitch/cop.

2 rules in the drug game that apply everywhere:

1. Don't deal with blacks
2. If somebody says they'll pay an outrageous price, don't do it.
Five Felonies
Full Patched

Post by Five Felonies »

toto wrote:What should the price be?
there are so many variables when it comes to wholesale drug prices that the real answer is whatever somebody is willing to pay. with that said, $25-30k seems to be the going rate in the northeast for an entire kilo, not a half.
rayray
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by rayray »

Five Felonies wrote:
there are so many variables when it comes to wholesale drug prices that the real answer is whatever somebody is willing to pay. with that said, $25-30k seems to be the going rate in the northeast for an entire kilo, not a half.

For some reason I'm thinking a kilo was 40 to 50k years ago then the price dropped, dramatically.
Five Felonies
Full Patched

Post by Five Felonies »

rayray wrote:For some reason I'm thinking a kilo was 40 to 50k years ago then the price dropped, dramatically.
yeah, coke prices seem to have steadily been going down for a while now.

http://www.narcoticnews.com/drug-prices/cocaine/
toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by toto »

Five Felonies wrote:
Thanks for the answer.

On average, about what kind of money he can make from selling this kilo?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

According to the latest GL John Riggi is still the Official Boss and Luigi "Dog" Oliveri is "The Pet/The Mutt" that Stango was plotting to kill.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.