Bonanno crime family associate shot near his Bronx home

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

A Bonanno crime family associate was critically wounded in an attempted hit steps away from his lavish Bronx home Wednesday morning, law enforcement sources told The Post. Salvatore “Sally Daz” Zottola was shot multiple times — including once in the head and three times in the torso — when someone inside a dark Nissan sedan opened fire as he was walking to his car on Tierney Place near Longstreet Avenue in the Locust Point section of the borough around 6:40 a.m., sources said.

Read more: https://nypost.com/2018/07/11/bonanno-c ... ronx-home/
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
John W
Straightened out

Re: Bonanno crime family associate shot near his Bronx home

Post by John W »

This was a proper attempt to kill not just injure and scare him.

I wonder who he has upset
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

John W wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:48 am This was a proper attempt to kill not just injure and scare him.

I wonder who he has upset
Agreed, One to the head and 3 to the body he's lucky to still be breathing. Will be interesting to see if it came from inside or outside the Family.
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Hey they are overdue for this. It's been almost a year since that one dude got his ass dumped in the river.

Thanks for posting this up. The Vinny Gorgeous side piece connection is interesting!
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Zottola has been associated with both the Bonanno and Lucchese families.
All roads lead to New York.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

If he survives dollars to donuts he flips.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
MichaelGiovanni
Straightened out

Post by MichaelGiovanni »

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/ny- ... story.html

This article reports the head shot was only a graze.
Nice rug ya got here kid...it’d be great for a craps game
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

Excerpt from the 2007 Indictment of Vincent Basciano:
B. Assault of Frank Porco
The Government proffers that Cicale will "testify that, in 2003 or 2004, Basciano directed Dominick Cicale and other Bonanno members and associates to assault Frank Porco in response to a dispute that had arisen between Porco and Sylvester `Sally Daz' Zottola, a Luchese family associate who maintained Basciano's joker-poker machines." (Gov't Mem. at 10.) The Government argues that it is admissible for the following purposes: (1) to show the origins of the relationship between Basciano and Zottola (who allegedly participated in the joker-poker gambling offense together); (2) to corroborate Cicale's testimony regarding one or more charged offenses; and (3) to show Basciano's supervisory position in the charged enterprise. (Gov't Mem. at 10; Gov't Rep. at 3.)
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Very interesting. Maybe a power struggle?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Interesting. Thanks for the post Willy.

Those dogs can still hunt.

At an absolute guess I’d say this wasn’t family business. Cammarano et al are facing trial and Mancuso’s gearing up for release next year. Why would they want the heat now.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:23 am Interesting. Thanks for the post Willy.

Those dogs can still hunt.

At an absolute guess I’d say this wasn’t family business. Cammarano et al are facing trial and Mancuso’s gearing up for release next year. Why would they want the heat now.
It could of came from another family.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:23 am At an absolute guess I’d say this wasn’t family business. Cammarano et al are facing trial and Mancuso’s gearing up for release next year. Why would they want the heat now.

You should ask Randy Pizzolo.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:30 am
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:23 am At an absolute guess I’d say this wasn’t family business. Cammarano et al are facing trial and Mancuso’s gearing up for release next year. Why would they want the heat now.

You should ask Randy Pizzolo.

Pogo
Very good point P.
If you look at why Mancuso committed the Pizzolo hit, it seems to have been to affirm his "Nothing skips a beat" mindset. Perhaps whoever has taken over after Cammarano Jr. is doing the same, and trying to establish that they are firmly in charge. The Bonannos have always had a problem with leadership.
Perhaps the imprisoned Cammarano and Co. are trying to hold onto leadership and committing a hit or attempted hit like this proves it.
Perhaps Sally Daz was a suspected traitor (highly unlikely they'd whack him though).
Perhaps it was a completely outside attack (this is what I would put my money on). Remember when Enzo Stagno was shot and those dipshits over at Cosa Nostra News claimed their sources told them it was the Lucchese family striking back because they were angry the Bonannos were making too many new members? Then it turned out it was a completely unsanctioned outside hit by Mike Meldish...
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:10 am If he survives dollars to donuts he flips.

Pogo
Doesn't sound like it. https://nypost.com/2018/07/11/injured-b ... -shooting/
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Damn I was hoping for a defection so we could get some more indictments. :lol:

Pogo