Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Re: Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:40 pm
NickleCity wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:02 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:35 pm Buffalo is a dead city and not just in terms of LCN either.

Pogo
Look up Buffalo's resurgence as a city. Big turn around has been taking place...
Dead cat bounce.
Meeooowww!!!
cat.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:25 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:35 pm Buffalo is a dead city and not just in terms of LCN either.

Pogo
Look up Buffalo's resurgence as a city. Big turn around has been taking place...
Dead cat bounce.
Meeooowww!!! cat.png
(Pssst, dead counts don’t bounce)
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:03 pm
SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:25 pm

Pogo
Dead cat bounce.
Meeooowww!!! cat.png
(Pssst, dead counts don’t bounce)
Oh, ...I guess I was wrong for thinking you were inferring the Buffalo recovery was just a temporary recovery since the "Dead Cats Don't Bounce" is common phrase in the finance world to say a small recovery in stock price doesn't mean that stock or company is really recovering, because "even dead cats bounce" when dropped from a high enough rooftop.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

It is a financial markets phrase and it infers no bounce. Dead cats don’t bounce.
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

LUPPINO FAMILY CHART FROM HALSTON POLICE FROM 2005

Does anyone know who the early Dominica Todaro is on this chart? She appears be born in 1904 and is Giacomo's wife? This news article on the death of Vincenzo Luppino suggests she is: https://www.thespec.com/news-story/223 ... eacefully/

Is there any tie or relationship to the Todaro's that settled in Buffalo? They were/are Sicilian. Did the Todaros have relatives in Calabria where Giacomo is from? Did Giacomo marry a Sicilian Todaro? Perhaps this why this Ndrangheta family could work so well with the Sicilian Magaddino? Is this why Canadian papers say members of Todaro Family were arrested in O'Tremens operation?

Maybe no connection at all, just lots of questions...
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Post by Lupara »

NickleCity wrote:LUPPINO FAMILY CHART FROM HALSTON POLICE FROM 2005

Does anyone know who the early Dominica Todaro is on this chart? She appears be born in 1904 and is Giacomo's wife? This news article on the death of Vincenzo Luppino suggests she is: https://www.thespec.com/news-story/223 ... eacefully/

Is there any tie or relationship to the Todaro's that settled in Buffalo? They were/are Sicilian. Did the Todaros have relatives in Calabria where Giacomo is from? Did Giacomo marry a Sicilian Todaro? Perhaps this why this Ndrangheta family could work so well with the Sicilian Magaddino? Is this why Canadian papers say members of Todaro Family were arrested in O'Tremens operation?

Interesting. Waiting for Antimafia to chime in...
antimafia
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Post by antimafia »

Lupara wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:22 pm
NickleCity wrote:Does anyone know who the early Dominica Todaro is on this chart? She appears be born in 1904 and is Giacomo's wife? This news article on the death of Vincenzo Luppino suggests she is: https://www.thespec.com/news-story/223 ... eacefully/

Interesting. Waiting for Antimafia to chime in...
Below is what I wrote in one of my posts on p. 19 of this thread.
antimafia wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:51 am What is a coincidence is that the Violi sons' grandmother on their mother's side was born Domenica Todaro. I've never found an obituary for her online--and I'm sure she has ancestry from Calabria if not the same comune in Calabria where Giacomo Luppino was born--but it's worth investigating on ancestry.ca and other genealogy sites/databases.
I'll add that Todaro was likely born in Oppido Mamertina, Reggio Calabria, which is the birthplace of Luppino. More specifically, Luppino was born in Castellace, which is considered a frazione, or borough, of Oppido Mamertina.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

That's pretty interesting.....

I mentioned before, I wasnt sure exactly what " Todaro crime family" meant. It SOUNDED like an ndrine to me, but just dont have enough info to really say so....

And Nickel is right, more questions.....interesting, but pretty murky....
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Antimafia: if you’re not Italian then we should damn well baptize you as one.

You are the tomato of the black hand Ragu.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

According to "Mappe dei Cognomi Italiani' Todaro families today exist in

Sicily - 864
Puglia - 187
Lombardia - 183
Calabria - 135
Lazio - 125

To add you don't talk about Buffalo and the Todaro crime family in the same breath and NOT mean the old Maggadino family.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

I like the route Nickel took....

Looking at the familial connections, rather than hunting for made guys, that may or may not be there, I dont even know....

The Violis were, are traffickers, and this is a Calabrian network. I just see the Bonnanos trying to get the same type of connections the Gambinos were making with the Calabrese.... I could be wrong....

Because how else do we discuss this or make any kinda progress if just, " Buffalo is dead, the city is dead"...

Fine, I mean okay. But that tells us NOTHING as far as, what does Todaro family- syndicate means in today's landscape of Italian OC. That's what I'm wondering...

Like everyone knows it refers to Buffalo. But the consensus is there isn't a Buffalo anymore. I'm not even saying I disagree, but if it's not the remnants of the Maggadinno Family, then a Calabrian ndrine? The Luppino one?

( I think his name is JD? With all the best charts? Do we know of Bonnano members from upstate NY, made guys? Is there a Bonnano- upstate capo?)

Then the question becomes, is the Luppino ndrine aligned with the Bonnanos in the same way the were with Buffalo? Or is a Calabrian controlled ndrine with a BUSINESS alliance with the Bonnanos like the Ursinos and Gambinos?

Let me ask, who controls Hamilton today? I find it to be an interesting territory. Whs exactly is the strategic importance there?

I also been wanting to ask.... how do you guys view men like Sollecito, is he a Bonanno capo? This is a very serious question.....
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:41 amTo add you don't talk about Buffalo and the Todaro crime family in the same breath and NOT mean the old Maggadino family.
+1
All roads lead to New York.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:13 am what does Todaro family- syndicate means in today's landscape of Italian OC. That's what I'm wondering...

Cabrini it's what most of us are wondering. Thing is we don't have the answer, hopefully time will tell.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:01 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:13 am what does Todaro family- syndicate means in today's landscape of Italian OC. That's what I'm wondering...

Cabrini it's what most of us are wondering. Thing is we don't have the answer, hopefully time will tell.
I think we do know.

When the feds referred to "members of the Todaro organized crime family," that's all they were saying. Some members of that now defunct family were involved in the bust.

The end.

But apparently that's not exciting or sexy enough. And the use of the term "syndicate" in that Sergi report has given fuel to more wild theories.
All roads lead to New York.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Sexy, SEXY, syndicate.