Giancana’s killer revealed?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Villain
Filthy Few

Re: Giancana’s killer revealed?

Post by Villain »

I just cant believe what some of these CIs would say just to get some attention and somehow make money...whats next? Phillys McGuire secretly controlled the Outfit and Capone is still alive?! Lol

Theres one fine testimony by Giancanas caretaker so thats it
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Villain wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:55 pm I just cant believe what some of these CIs would say just to get some attention and somehow make money...whats next? Phillys McGuire secretly controlled the Outfit and Capone is still alive?! Lol

In my opinion, Frank Calabrese Jr. is a sociopathic con man who became an F.B.I. Informant in order to keep his Father in Jail so he would not have to RETURN the $600,000 Dollars he stole from his Father's stash. He did not suddenly find Jesus under his bed and Accardo did not shoot Giancana. lol
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Giancana’s killer revealed?

Post by Lupara »

Confederate wrote:
Villain wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 10:55 pm I just cant believe what some of these CIs would say just to get some attention and somehow make money...whats next? Phillys McGuire secretly controlled the Outfit and Capone is still alive?! Lol

In my opinion, Frank Calabrese Jr. is a sociopathic con man who became an F.B.I. Informant in order to keep his Father in Jail so he would not have to RETURN the $600,000 Dollars he stole from his Father's stash. He did not suddenly find Jesus under his bed and Accardo did not shoot Giancana. lol
Well you also have, allegedly, Caponigro the aging consigliere personally carrying out the hit on Bruno.
Villain
Filthy Few

Re: RE: Re: Giancana’s killer revealed?

Post by Villain »

Lupara wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:15 am
Confederate wrote:

Well you also have, allegedly, Caponigro the aging consigliere personally carrying out the hit on Bruno.
....and then old man Accardo, the Outfit's top boss who during the early 70s suffered from health issues, had the strength to pull the trigger 5 or 6 times and later got down on the floor and started searching Giancanas body and took out his wallet and took out something for which everyone wondered about what it was lol....Ricca was gone and so at the time Accardo was number one target of tge fbi and was under better surveillance than Giancana and i think he was in Palm Springs...it was Blasi since he was with Sam all the time and knew where he kept his important things...it was Blasi backed up by huge corruption with the "ok" from Accardo...read everyones testimonies or the history, we should all follow the details first
Last edited by Villain on Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

The Accardo legend grows ever larger. Most of these guys as long as their finger works are still willing to pull the trigger so I don't see age being an impediment to him being the shooter. Whether he was in town or not I don't know the details like the Chicago guys so I'm not arguing for or against just saying as long as Accardo was in decent shape he could have killed Giancana if he got him into a spot he wanted him in.
It doesn't take much strength to pull a trigger.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

johnny_scootch wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:27 am The Accardo legend grows ever larger. Most of these guys as long as their finger works are still willing to pull the trigger so I don't see age being an impediment to him being the shooter. Whether he was in town or not I don't know the details like the Chicago guys so I'm not arguing for or against just saying as long as Accardo was in decent shape he could have killed Giancana if he got him into a spot he wanted him in.
It doesn't take much strength to pull a trigger.
You're absolutely right, since during the early 60's Buccieri was a crew boss and was already againg but still according to some reports, he was possibly directly involved in tortures and even in some hits, meaning he was one of the guys who possibly pulled the trigger.

As Snakes already pointed out, if for example Blasi drove Accardo to a meeting, I think that somebody would've seen the old man. On top of that, according to the caretaker, when Giancana and Blasi were having their chat, Blasi took a bottle of scotch and began drinking intensively which was kind of an odd situation for the caretaker since he never saw Blasi doing the same thing ever before. Obviously at the time Blasi was alone with Sam and was definitely nervous about something...
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Three strikes for me:

1. He charged money for this info. Seems like a scam. This isn't the FBI he's telling this to, he has no obligation to tell the truth.

2. He didn't mention this in his book. You'd think info on one of the city's most high profile murders would warrant mention but apparently not.

3. The guy is an ex-criminal and a former cokehead. Not the most trustworthy source under most circumstances.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

I absolutely agree with Snakes

In addition, at first the investigators found six .22 caliber pistol casings and later a seventh one, which means that Giancana was shot one time at the back of his right ear, which was the shot that brought him down on the ground and possibly killed him, but his assassin had to make sure that the old boss was dead by placing the gun in the area under the chin and close to the neck and fired six more rounds. Many people say that the six shots were in fact a Mafia “message” but that’s completely false since that’s the area where the bullets can easily penetrate the skull and enter the brain. Whoever did the job had to make sure that the boss was dead but the confusing thing was that Giancana’s wallet was out of his pockets and laid beside him. So we can obviously rule out that somebody went for the money since they found $1400 in his pockets, but the question remains on what was in Giancana’s wallet which made the assassin to search for. According to some of Giancana’s caretaker and also closest family friends, the late boss almost never took out his wallet in front of other people since he always carried his money in his pockets instead of his wallet which he always used only for credit cards and important paper slips. Allegedly Giancana had some paper sheet in it, possibly with some kind of unknown and dangerous information which was later allegedly missing from that same wallet.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Maybe it was some type of appointment sheet that could have revealed who the killers were.

Also. I think this information was based on files that Frank Sr had that Jr is just now getting access to. I think a news channel is going to go through the boxes with Jr at some point. Seems odd to me that Sr would hold incriminating evidence against himself, especially considering his reputation and how many times he already been arrested to that point.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Snakes wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:29 am Maybe it was some type of appointment sheet that could have revealed who the killers were.
Good thinking and Blasi was probably aware about it
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

I'm far from an expert in Chicago, but I would say Blasi is the main suspect too. Like they always say, it's your best friend that does it.

Frank Jr. has said before that his father was the one that pushed him towards the feds and after reading his book, if it's remotely true, I can't say I don't blame him. Remember that Jr. wasn't the only one that turned either, Jr. and his brother and of course Uncle Nick all turned on Frankie Breeze. He had to be a mean/bad mf'er.
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

I asked Frank about this this morning. He told me, yes, Accardo personally pulled the trigger and that it was one of the murders declared solved at the Family Secrets trial. So, apparently the FBI has known about this for several years.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Maybe Snakes can shed more light on this subject since I believe that he researched this individual for quite a long time, but my personal opinion is that Blasi was considered a weak individual by most high level members from the late 50's and through out the 60's, and as a matter of fact I think there was a contract on his head during the mid or late 60's but later got canceled. You can find many files on Blasi talking about how to murder people or hot to extort some union or something like that, but that was Giancana talking and Blasi was only transferring his orders.

My point is that Pierce's statement on "even if I told, you, you wouldnt believe it" might refer to Blasi's weakness, hence the intensive drinking of the scotch before killing Giancana, first and only mistake which probably Giancana missed. You see, Pierce was one quite tought guy, same as his constant and close associate Les Kruse. As a matter of fact, during the early 60s' Kruse considered the Outfit's underboss Frank Ferraro as one quite weak individual and possible informant...so you see what Im saying here
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Antiliar wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:15 am I asked Frank about this this morning. He told me, yes, Accardo personally pulled the trigger and that it was one of the murders declared solved at the Family Secrets trial. So, apparently the FBI has known about this for several years.
You really believe in this?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I guess I'd just like to see it in the files for myself, only because it seems so crazy.