Giancana’s killer revealed?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pete
Full Patched

Giancana’s killer revealed?

Post by Pete »

So in an interview on wgn news tonight calabrese jr claimed accardo personally killed giancana, not blasi, not spilotro. I find this highly improbable, calabrese sr made the silencer and supposedly told him accardo did it. I’m sure accardo ordered it but doubt he would do a hit at that point in his life
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Pete
Full Patched

Re: Giancana’s killer revealed?

Post by Pete »

Forgot to mention jr will tell you the story of how it happened if you pay 40 bucks to do his bus tour
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Pete wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:26 pm So in an interview on wgn news tonight calabrese jr claimed accardo personally killed giancana, not blasi, not spilotro. I find this highly improbable, calabrese sr made the silencer and supposedly told him accardo did it. I’m sure accardo ordered it but doubt he would do a hit at that point in his life
It's interesting and something to think about, but I'm with you, I just don't see Accardo being the hit man. I would think Accardo would have been done doing hits years before that. And also such a high profile case. But then Giancana probably wouldn't think Accardo would kill him personally. Element of surprise?? Nick Calabrese said that Accardo ordered the hit, but he didn't say that he did it himself. Which leads me to believe that Jr either is full of shit or mis understood his Dad.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

What a crock.

Then again, you never know. Ralph Pierce said to his handler about the hit "If I told you, you wouldn't believe it."
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Snakes wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:57 pm What a crock.

Then again, you never know. Ralph Pierce said to his handler about the hit "If I told you, you wouldn't believe it."
I would think most of us on this forum don't believe it, so Calabrese has that going for him about what Pierce said. If true why didn't it come out in Family Secret. Also why didn't Nick Calabrese mention it? I'm sure he would know that, if Jr knew .
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Interesting, I didn’t know he said that about the hit. It does seem far fetched but as frank said I’m sure giancana wouldn’t be expecting it from accardo. As I understood it though accardo and giancana had a lot of bad blood at the time so it’s surprising it they would be meeting just the two of them. I still lean towards it being blasi
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Frank wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:11 pm

I would think most of us on this forum don't believe it, so Calabrese has that going for him about what Pierce said. If true why didn't it come out in Family Secret. Also why didn't Nick Calabrese mention it? I'm sure he would know that, if Jr knew .
Nick did give them info on the giancana hit and they considered it closed. The only stuff we really know about what nick said is what came out at trial and the giancana hit was not brought up since it had nothin to do with anyone on trial. Nick provided info on a lot of hits that didn’t come out during trial. Would need his 302’s to see everything. Snakes can you request 302’s once the person dies?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Translation:

“No chance!

There’s a chance.”
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Pete: Possibly. Also depends on if they are still actively using that info to pursue cases.

I personally don't believe it. It smells fishy to me, especially with the whole tour thing.

If he was personally involved, I could almost buy a scenario where Accardo and Blasi show up, ostensibly to meet with Giancana. Blasi then kills him. Maybe Accardo fires the shot under the chin.

I'm going to double check some stuff tomorrow that may shed some more light on this situation.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:21 pm

Translation:

“No chance!

There’s a chance.”
Crock is more to him charging money for the info. I don't find it believable but that statement by Pierce always intrigued me.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Pete wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:16 pm
Frank wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:11 pm

Nick did give them info on the giancana hit and they considered it closed. The only stuff we really know about what nick said is what came out at trial and the giancana hit was not brought up since it had nothin to do with anyone on trial. Nick provided info on a lot of hits that didn’t come out during trial. Would need his 302’s to see everything. Snakes can you request 302’s once the person dies?
Yes I agree that the Giancana hit was not one of the Family Secrets murder cases. But from what I remember Nick Calabrese gave info that Accardo ordered the Giancana hit. Would that info be public and was that accurate at the time?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I mean, that can be pretty safely inferred. Accardo was the top boss and would almost certainly have had to order the hit or give approval.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Snakes wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:26 pm

Translation:

“No chance!

There’s a chance.”
Crock is more to him charging money for the info. I don't find it believable but that statement by Pierce always intrigued me.
I jest 😋

But fuck it would be cool if he took him out with a Louieville slugger.

Sigh.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Snakes wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:34 pm I mean, that can be pretty safely inferred. Accardo was the top boss and would almost certainly have had to order the hit or give approval.
Yes, but it clarified that it wasn't the CIA. We on the forum know that if it was LCN, then Accardo would have to order or give approval. It also states that Accardo was still top dog at that time period of the Outfit.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:35 pm
Snakes wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 8:26 pm

Translation:

“No chance!

There’s a chance.”
I jest 😋

But fuck it would be cool if he took him out with a Louieville slugger.

Sigh.
Lol