General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

aleksandrored
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by aleksandrored »

Confederate wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:57 pm
aleksandrored wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:45 pm Does anyone know the largest number of members a family has ever had?
That is a loaded question for a lot of debate. LOL
As far as made men in the National LCN, (which would make Chicago smaller in numbers) I would say it HAS to be either the Genovese or Gambino Families in New York. The number of made guys from 60 years ago was difficult to determine and I'm sure Associates were counted as made members many times by mistake years ago. The New York Guys would know better than me but I would guess conservatively (without exaggerating) between 350 to 400 at the peak many years ago.
Thanks for the answer, it seems that despite not maintaining this peak, The Genovese Family still has many members and associates.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Joel Cacace has a BOP release date of 2020. Could he get probation/early release/halfway house before?

If so, what’s his likely date to be ‘walking the street’?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:33 pm Again, must be nice to know.

I said I don't know what they will do/what will happen to them when they got out. But I do know the mob doesn't pay people for going to prison. Really do you have anything to show that guy's get paid for doing their time other than what bronx told you?

Since he seems to have access to such top secret information that no one else has ever come across maybe he can explain to us how it is done. Is the payment for doing time only for made members or do associates get paid to? Do they get less? Is the payment amount directly related to how much time someone does? If a guy does 10 years does he get more than the guy who does 5 years? If so how much more does he get? If a guy gets 10 years but serves the last 6 months of his sentence in a half way house does he get the full payment for serving the 10 years or do they deduct that 6 months? Is the payment amount equal across the families or do the Genovese pay their members more than the Colombos? And how does Philly and the DeCavalcante families payment amount stack up with NY?

Also where does this money come from? Do the families take up a collection plate or does it come from the Boss's own personal funds? Do the Capos have to kick up more for the collection plate than the Soldiers? Do the inactive members also have to kick in? What if a guy just got out of prison and gets paid and right after that another guy gets out does he also have to kick in from his recent payment or will he be exempt? It would be really unfair if had to kick in from his own payment.

I'm genuinely curious to know about this.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:21 pm

I said I don't know what they will do/what will happen to them when they got out. But I do know the mob doesn't pay people for going to prison. Really do you have anything to show that guy's get paid for doing their time other than what bronx told you?

Since he seems to have access to such top secret information that no one else has ever come across maybe he can explain to us how it is done. Is the payment for doing time only for made members or do associates get paid to? Do they get less? Is the payment amount directly related to how much time someone does? If a guy does 10 years does he get more than the guy who does 5 years? If so how much more does he get? If a guy gets 10 years but serves the last 6 months of his sentence in a half way house does he get the full payment for serving the 10 years or do they deduct that 6 months? Is the payment amount equal across the families or do the Genovese pay their members more than the Colombos? And how does Philly and the DeCavalcante families payment amount stack up with NY?

Also where does this money come from? Do the families take up a collection plate or does it come from the Boss's own personal funds? Do the Capos have to kick up more for the collection plate than the Soldiers? Do the inactive members also have to kick in? What if a guy just got out of prison and gets paid and right after that another guy gets out does he also have to kick in from his recent payment or will he be exempt? It would be really unfair if had to kick in from his own payment.

Pogo
What a genuinely cunty and childish response.

Try and listen without the lip.

There is no system, stop straw-maning. Most guys get nothing, agreed, no argument. No one is saying shit about associates or collection plates, puckstick.

This is ALL that I'm saying. Gene and John were the last guys o go without the option of a plea. That's changed now, guys get to plea. These guys did FAMILY time, double, to be specific. and double of 15. Both were powerful members, both did 30 years. Now if you use your brain, maybe that might not be nothing, maybe for the aforementioned reasons, their case is different. MAYBE it might be a good message to send. Maybe it might work to send a good message to the troops. Maybe it might make sense to give a little back from the family, for their sacrifice. And MAYBE the higher ups in the G's might think SOME of those maybe's are a good call.

But you keep on knowing and being a funny cunt. Because its a quality dialogue pal.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

One thing to consider is that Gene and Carniglia were into heroin, against Castellano´s approval (and were convicted of it). This violation against the boss´s rules could be a factor still today. Not saying I know what will happen to Gene and Carniglia, but like Pogo said, if they want to get back into the game, the most likely scenario is that they will get a loan with small interest rate if they ask for it (if they´re broke) and rebuild from there. But who knows, they may as well just retire and go into an inactive mode.
There you have it, never printed before.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:51 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:21 pm

Pogo
What a genuinely cunty and childish response.

Try and listen without the lip.

There is no system, stop straw-maning. Most guys get nothing, agreed, no argument. No one is saying shit about associates or collection plates, puckstick.

This is ALL that I'm saying. Gene and John were the last guys o go without the option of a plea. That's changed now, guys get to plea. These guys did FAMILY time, double, to be specific. and double of 15. Both were powerful members, both did 30 years. Now if you use your brain, maybe that might not be nothing, maybe for the aforementioned reasons, their case is different. MAYBE it might be a good message to send. Maybe it might work to send a good message to the troops. Maybe it might make sense to give a little back from the family, for their sacrifice. And MAYBE the higher ups in the G's might think SOME of those maybe's are a good call.

But you keep on knowing and being a funny cunt. Because its a quality dialogue pal.
mommy, daddy, please don't fight
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Maybe after they pay Gene and John for all of their long years of suffering they will help fund the local homeless shelter and the cancer ward at the children's hospital. The Gambinos are generous and forward thinking like that. :mrgreen:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed. :mrgreen:

Pogo
NickyEyes1
Straightened out

Post by NickyEyes1 »

Honestly don't see whats so shocking about a guy coming home and getting a couple envelopes form people he's close with
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

NickyEyes1 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:39 pm Honestly don't see whats so shocking about a guy coming home and getting a couple envelopes form people he's close with
Some guys in the gambinos def have to reward gene and john in some type of way. Weather its an envelope or a racket. Im sure a top guy in the like Lorrenzo Mannino would understand gene or john. Mannino did 15 fuckin years and im sure when he got out he felt as entitled as gene and john are feeling.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

NickyEyes1 wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:39 pm Honestly don't see whats so shocking about a guy coming home and getting a couple envelopes form people he's close with

Because that is not what we were talking about. Besides that doesn't really happen unless you are someone in a position of authority. Money moves up not down. There is no free money in the mob.

Pogo
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Guys in the Outfit got money while they were away. Jerry Scalise. Harry Aleman (who was Ferriola's nephew, but still). Probably not common for guys in non-authority positions to get an envelope but it did happen.

However, these two have been away so long it would surprise me if they got any significant chunk of change.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

@Ivan: made me chuckle.

@Pogo: my bed was fine until you started to get condescending and obnoxious.
And then I got cunty.
😋

Anyway, moving on...
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:31 pm @Pogo: my bed was fine until you started to get condescending and obnoxious.
And then I got cunty.
😋

You were supposed to respond with this. :mrgreen:

At 1.18

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ANWrXMlsO ... fullscreen
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:03 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Jun 20, 2018 4:31 pm @Pogo: my bed was fine until you started to get condescending and obnoxious.
And then I got cunty.
😋

You were supposed to respond with this. :mrgreen:

At 1.18

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ANWrXMlsO ... fullscreen
:lol:

You're NOT getting a massage!

Pogo you really know how to ease another mans tensions :D ;P