Genovese Family Administration

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Frank
Full Patched

Re: Genovese Family Administration

Post by Frank »

I think some of the trouble with the info about acting bosses is that some of these guys might have been members of the ruling panel, and not acting boss. But to LE they are considered a form of acting boss. Also DeLuca was reported as acting boss in this time period.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Frank wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 11:10 pm I think some of the trouble with the info about acting bosses is that some of these guys might have been members of the ruling panel, and not acting boss. But to LE they are considered a form of acting boss. Also DeLuca was reported as acting boss in this time period.

Garcia identified DeLuca as the acting boss but I don't remember him specifying when that was during his undercover work from December 2002 to March 2005.

However, considering Capeci reported Cirillo, Dentico, and Gigante to be on a panel in January 2005 and Cirillo being indicted as the acting boss in April 2005, it was likely before that year.

Muscarella was indicted as acting boss in January 2002. And an FBI report said Nigro was acting boss in November 2003, having succeeded Muscarella on the panel when he went to prison. It's not clear if Nigro was made acting boss immediately when he joined the panel or it was later. So DeLuca could have been the acting boss at some point between January 2002 and November 2003 or November 2003 and January 2005.

It's obvious at least some of the time there was a ruling panel and an acting boss at the same time. In fact, it appears the acting boss typically came from the ruling panel. While anyone on the panel could be seen as an acting boss, in a sense, it appears there was one from among that rotating group who would be made the acting boss. As I said before, it may have been a case of the panel setting policy and making major decisions while one of them (the acting boss) ran the day to day.
All roads lead to New York.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 11:03 am
Frank wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 11:10 pm I think some of the trouble with the info about acting bosses is that some of these guys might have been members of the ruling panel, and not acting boss. But to LE they are considered a form of acting boss. Also DeLuca was reported as acting boss in this time period.

Garcia identified DeLuca as the acting boss but I don't remember him specifying when that was during his undercover work from December 2002 to March 2005.

However, considering Capeci reported Cirillo, Dentico, and Gigante to be on a panel in January 2005 and Cirillo being indicted as the acting boss in April 2005, it was likely before that year.

Muscarella was indicted as acting boss in January 2002. And an FBI report said Nigro was acting boss in November 2003, having succeeded Muscarella on the panel when he went to prison. It's not clear if Nigro was made acting boss immediately when he joined the panel or it was later. So DeLuca could have been the acting boss at some point between January 2002 and November 2003 or November 2003 and January 2005.

It's obvious at least some of the time there was a ruling panel and an acting boss at the same time. In fact, it appears the acting boss typically came from the ruling panel. While anyone on the panel could be seen as an acting boss, in a sense, it appears there was one from among that rotating group who would be made the acting boss. As I said before, it may have been a case of the panel setting policy and making major decisions while one of them (the acting boss) ran the day to day.
Thanks and yes I agree with what you say. It appears there was an acting boss and a ruling panel at the same time between the late nineties to the Cirillo arrest/indictment. There has been no mention of one during Leo's acting boss period. Just after he was indicted.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Also with Bologna stating that Mario Gigante was acting underboss for Leo, is it that we need more confirming information before it is accepted?? Lol it's like we are right back at where we started from.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

WG, which DeLuca? What's his first name, and with the Genovese? Thanks, SP
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Pasquale
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed May 16, 2018 1:25 pm Pasquale
Scop DeLuca. 10/4
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 11:15 am I don't know for sure but it does ring a bell with me. I can t say if i read it on one of these forums (somebody posting it) or if I read it in a FBI file.
I accidentally stumbled upon it again and I remembered on our convo regarding Ricca and Mario Gigante... https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... 0chauffeur
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Villain wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:09 pm
HairyKnuckles wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 11:15 am I don't know for sure but it does ring a bell with me. I can t say if i read it on one of these forums (somebody posting it) or if I read it in a FBI file.
I accidentally stumbled upon it again and I remembered on our convo regarding Ricca and Mario Gigante... https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... 0chauffeur
Good find! I know that I have seen it before but I did not know where. I have more than a dozen of FBI files so it´s very hard to go back and find some particular info. I wish I had a search function I could use. So, it turns out they were in laws!
There you have it, never printed before.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:48 pm
Good find! I know that I have seen it before but I did not know where. I have more than a dozen of FBI files so it´s very hard to go back and find some particular info. I wish I had a search function I could use. So, it turns out they were in laws!
Yup, it seems they were
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Charlie
Straightened out

Post by Charlie »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:02 pm
Frank wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 2:45 pmYes so do you think Fiumara was a member of the ruling panel that was either misidentified as 3 or added members as they were released or off of supervised release. I ask because from what I remember back the didn't those 2 different reports of a 3 man ruling panel and the rotating panel came out only months apart.
The first one was a June 2009 New York Daily News article identifies that mentioned Benny Mangano, Ernie Muscarella, Barney Bellomo, and Larry Dentico being on a "rotating panel" of recently released senior members running the family. They didnt say they were all then on the panel or had been at the same time, necessarily.

The second one was a September 2009 New York Times article that said Tino Fiumara was on a "three man panel" running the family. I can only assume the rotating had continued, as it had over the past 20+ years, and Fiumara became a part of it at some point. Other than identifying guys who have been on the ruling panel, we never saw a specific number that made up the panel before the article about Fiumara. But that doesn't mean 3 was always the number.

To confuse things a little bit more, let me add that in 2006 the FBI carried Rudolph Santobello as "a member of the administration" ...and since they didn't say "member of a rotating panel" or something to that effect it could indicate he was underboss or consigliere (or acting)...
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

To possibly confuse things even more the Genovese referred to their ruling pannel as the administration. :lol:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:48 am To possibly confuse things even more the Genovese referred to their ruling pannel as the administration. :lol:

Pogo
No actually you are not confusing anything. It's keeping it real. It's not surprising that new names became panel members, since most of the panel got indicted and sentenced to prison the year before. Maybe this information, if found reliable, is a start.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:48 pm
Different Mario Gigante.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

found this in my files, thought it was relevant
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny