DeCavalcante Bust

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: DeCavalcante Bust

Post by Pogo The Clown »

JerryB wrote:In 2002, Stango and 19 other suspected members and associates of the Decavalcante family were indicted in New York on a series of racketeering charges that included a scheme to murder a cooperating government witness, according to court documents.

Does anyone have anything on this indictment? I don't recall this one. Was it an expanded version of the big 2000 indictment?

Also Stango is screwed at sentencing being that he is a 5 time convicted felon with a previous murder conviction. Its outrageous that he was even allowed back on the street with a record like that. But that is Amurrican justice for you.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Teflon john
Straightened out

Post by Teflon john »

Talking on the phone for these guys is stupid enough but wtf is up with a guy in OC in the least bit being on facebook? I'm not a criminal by any means and i don't have a facebook account. Never really cared to tell anybody what i was doing all the time and i don't care what anyone else is doing either,you think criminals would definately feel that way.
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

I think facebook is the least of their worries. I'm not on it, but a ton of people are. It's not surprising that guys in their 30s are, and it's not like they're putting anything criminal up on there anyway, social media is the norm for everybody now as much as I fucking hate it.

These guys and their fucking phones. The undercover was probably wired up anyway, but still, the feds have been tapping phones for half a century now. I liked how Stango and his kid were certain that Stango's "other phone" was clean and rehearsed a conversation they were gonna have on the bad one to make up for a previous incriminating conversation.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
Chaps
Straightened out

Post by Chaps »

B. wrote:
- The names like "Milk", "Horse", "Pet", etc. aren't so much nicknames as much as code words for certain people. With that in mind, it's hard to know who they are talking about. Majuri is a definite possibility as you guys said, though Stango has been around long enough to have known Frank Majuri personally (he was still alive in the 1990's) and would probably know his relation to Charles. What also makes the "uncle" thing confusing is that a lot of these guys are related, especially the ones from Ribera, so it could be a relation we don't know about.

-
For the record I have no basis in fact for saying this but just a feeling he may be referring to Frank Guarraci and Jake Amari. We know that Jake proposed Frank and he was in Jake's crew. Jake was the Underboss and the Amari's went back to the beginning of the Family. Both are from Ribera. It wouldn't surprise me if, on a family tree, we were to see that Frank is Jake Amari's nephew. Just an educated guess.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pogo The Clown wrote:
JerryB wrote:In 2002, Stango and 19 other suspected members and associates of the Decavalcante family were indicted in New York on a series of racketeering charges that included a scheme to murder a cooperating government witness, according to court documents.

Does anyone have anything on this indictment? I don't recall this one. Was it an expanded version of the big 2000 indictment?

Pogo
I don't recall the case Jerry mentioned either. As far as I know, the big bust started in December 1999 and included superseding indictments in October 2000 and March 2001.
All roads lead to New York.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

All roads lead to New York.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Chaps wrote:
B. wrote:
- The names like "Milk", "Horse", "Pet", etc. aren't so much nicknames as much as code words for certain people. With that in mind, it's hard to know who they are talking about. Majuri is a definite possibility as you guys said, though Stango has been around long enough to have known Frank Majuri personally (he was still alive in the 1990's) and would probably know his relation to Charles. What also makes the "uncle" thing confusing is that a lot of these guys are related, especially the ones from Ribera, so it could be a relation we don't know about.

-
For the record I have no basis in fact for saying this but just a feeling he may be referring to Frank Guarraci and Jake Amari. We know that Jake proposed Frank and he was in Jake's crew. Jake was the Underboss and the Amari's went back to the beginning of the Family. Both are from Ribera. It wouldn't surprise me if, on a family tree, we were to see that Frank is Jake Amari's nephew. Just an educated guess.
That's a good point and definitely along the lines of what I was thinking. The guys with Ribera heritage have a lot of connections in their family trees, many we don't know about. Amari is one of the first documented surnames to exist in Ribera, so in theory half the damn town could be related to them somehow.

I do wonder about Guarraci's role these days. I personally don't think he is the acting boss for a few reasons, but also on these tapes it sounds like someone disrespected the acting boss in front of other members which led Stango to talk about how this guy deserved a beating. Guarraci has a reputation as a hot head with violent tendencies, so if Guarraci was disrespected I believe he'd do something about it.

About Anthony Stango calling his father "daddy"... that was funny and pathetic, but it's not as uncommon as you may think with these guys. On the Perna tapes, his sons are made guys and they repeatedly refer to Ralph as "daddy".
JOJO
Honorary Member

Post by JOJO »

Stangos son is such a fat slob wigger with an ugly slob baby mama who abuses him- then he goes on Facebook bitching that he's not appreciated
JerryB
Straightened out

Post by JerryB »

Not sure if the complaint was posted yet, but you can read it here:

http://www.justice.gov/usao/nj/Press/fi ... plaint.pdf
Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted.
toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by toto »

"This needs absolute attackness." - Charlie Stango.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I hope we get a picture of Nigro along with some more info on the current makeup of the family.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Doobeez
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Doobeez »

Pogo The Clown wrote:
Doobeez wrote:Thanks, Chucky....Schratweiser says this was Riggi's old crew?

Surprised Schratweiser covered the DeCavalcantes. Where did he say this about the Stagno Crew?

When DS tweeted the news of the bust last week, I asked about Stango, and he just volunteered the info on it being Riggi's old crew, but they were still trying to confirm it. Nothing yet, but I'll ask again.

It was a Soldier who was only IDed as "The Pet/The Mutt". From the tapes it sounds like he was a recently made guy.

On the wiretap, Stango mentioned back in Dec 2014 that "V-1" had been Made. Couldnt tell if he meant that was when, or just when it was picked it up? Maybe they got the OK to make a couple guys in the Christmas tradition? Another thing I noticed was the remark made when it was mentioned not only hitting The Mutt, but his Skipper too, but if they took him out, "Who we gonna put back in there..?"
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Schrat's knowledge can be spotty even when he's talking about Philly, so unless he heard that directly from an investigator I would wonder what he's talking about. It's unlikely he means John Riggi's old crew, as he hasn't been a captain for something like forty years and whatever was left of his crew has been divided up in the years since. If he means Manny Riggi's crew, then that would be interesting.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

that fat fuck is the new wiseguy. i been telling you guys. that bonnano bust where everyone made fun of there attire. i said then thats the new face.

and why wouldnt it be. if youre italian and smart you could just get a good job. hell i have one and i dont even have a college degree. why would you want to risk your freedom if you dont have to. they didnt grow up in tenements or shitty three family houses. these new kids dont even go outside to play ball. growing up we didnt have backyards so we played on the street. cars would slow down. some would stop and watch. drive by my old neighborhood today you wont see anyone outside. they are inside on computer or playing games. the recruiting pool is this fat slob.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

B. wrote:It's unlikely he means John Riggi's old crew, as he hasn't been a captain for something like forty years and whatever was left of his crew has been divided up in the years since. If he means Manny Riggi's crew, then that would be interesting.

Do you have the lineage of this crew? This is what I've been able to put together.

Joseph “Joe Tiger” Sferra (1961-1965) Demoted.
John Riggi (1965-1978) Became UnderBoss.
Girolamo "Jimmy Gumps" Palermo (1978-1982) Became UnderBoss.
Emanuel “Manny” Riggi (1982-1990) Demoted.
Girolamo "Jimmy Gumps" Palermo (1990-2001?) Imprisoned.
Salvatore “Sal the Barber” Timpani (2001?-20??) Stepped Down.

I guess it is possible that Stango took over for Timpani.

Pogo