Best hit in the lcn

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Villain
Filthy Few

Re: Best hit in the lcn

Post by Villain »

Frank wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:03 pm
Villain wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:32 pm
Ivan wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:33 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:37 pm Thanks Ivan. So the theory of Jack McGurn playing a role in the actual hit was just a myth? Thanks.
I forgot to mention that there is apparently more evidence that Claude Maddox was the mastermind rather than McGurn. I don't have my books in front of me, so I forget the details.

Capone probably really did order it from the top though.
Maddox and Capezio...those were the main guys

You can read about it here viewtopic.php?f=30&t=889
But why the link to McGurn and the massacre when he got wacked. Didn't the killers of McGurn leave a valentine card on his body??
I didnt say that he wasnt possibly invloved in some of the logistics since he and the rest of the guys, all had strong and already prepared alibies which occurred during the same moment when the massacre also occurred which was quite supicious.

A lot of guys who were allegedly invloved in the massacre were killed during the early 30s including all of the American boys, except for Burke who in turn was in prison at the time but was personally visited and allegedly threatened or warned by Phil D'Andrea to keep his mouth shut. Even one Rocco Belcastro got killed since he got identified as one of the drivers of the getaway cars because he was missing a finger or two while holding the wheel.

The only fellas who orchastrated and latersurvived that period were Maddox and Capezio, by both being legit Outfit high level members. You see during the whole killing spree McGurn was spared and was demoted or shelved. Story goes that he became a degenerate gambler and a dope addict, since in the end he worked under Maddoxs fellow member and another dope addict Willie Heeney, on the South Side and mostly hung around with the blacks, which i believe were few of the main reasons for his demise. I also think they used to call him a "mooley" or something like that...
Last edited by Villain on Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Ivan wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:19 pm
Villain wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:32 pm
Maddox and Capezio...those were the main guys

You can read about it here viewtopic.php?f=30&t=889
Thanks Villain.

What do you think of the rumor that Moran hunted down Bob Carey in New York and whacked him personally as revenge? Apparently later in life Moran would get drunk and brag about it, but it seems far-fetched to me.
You're welcome buddy.

I wont say that he didnt do it, but the hit was way too professional for a guy like Moran to execute it, while during Prohibition the Outfit already showed some good logistics in eliminating their targets... just my two cents
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Villain wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:34 am I wont say that he didnt do it, but the hit was way too professional for a guy like Moran to execute it, while during Prohibition the Outfit already showed some good logistics in eliminating their targets... just my two cents
So you think the Outfit probably whacked Nugent too? The rumor I've always read was that he vanished in Florida and probably ended up as alligator chow in some swamp.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:30 pm Thanks for the info Ivan. 8-)
Pogo here's a really nice picture of the American Boys.

From left to right: Burke, Winkeler, Goetz, Nugent, Carey.
American Boys.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

The American Boys also probably whacked Frankie Yale, under the direction of Louis Campagna.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Ivan wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:14 am
Villain wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:34 am I wont say that he didnt do it, but the hit was way too professional for a guy like Moran to execute it, while during Prohibition the Outfit already showed some good logistics in eliminating their targets... just my two cents
So you think the Outfit probably whacked Nugent too? The rumor I've always read was that he vanished in Florida and probably ended up as alligator chow in some swamp.
Yeah thats Nugents story, while Carey, after hearing the news, fled to NY and allegedly shot his wife and turned the gun on himself, but still there were numerous suspicious evidences regarding the whole case
cdc
Straightened out

Post by cdc »

Think the Ricci hit deserves some attention. Apart from having indication that fiumara ordered it do we know or have any suspicion about who pulled the trigger or where it happened? Not too common for modern murders.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:30 pm Only Capone kills like that.

For those who missed it that was Bugs Moran when asked about the massacre.

Thanks for the pics Ivan. 8-)

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:49 am

For those who missed it that was Bugs Moran when asked about the massacre
I already knew that :mrgreen:

All kidding aside, my personal opinion is that Moran was overstated gangster or should I say, a victim of the media same as Nitto.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Villain wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:51 am

All kidding aside, my personal opinion is that Moran was overstated gangster or should I say, a victim of the media same as Nitto.
interesting i was under impression he was the smartest of the three bosses. probably was media I heard that from.

what happened to the North side irishman after st alentine mass?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

i can see nitti tho.

was he EVER top figure? such as when ricca was away?
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:40 am i can see nitti tho.

Villain convinced me that Ricca was the succeessor to Capone with all his information that he has found. Read his articles about the Outfit in is it the Black Hand forum articles section .
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Frank wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:40 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:40 am i can see nitti tho.

Villain convinced me that Ricca was the succeessor to Capone with all his information that he has found. Read his articles about the Outfit in is it the Black Hand forum articles section .
I thought he was just sayin that he really wasnt the head. but I'll read the articles
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Thanks for the pics Ivan. 8-)
No worries Pogo. I love talking about this shit.

Found a good article covering most of this stuff by the way, check it out.

http://chicagotruecrime.com/the-st-vale ... sacre.html
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:38 am
Villain wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:51 am

interesting i was under impression he was the smartest of the three bosses. probably was media I heard that from.

what happened to the North side irishman after st alentine mass?
I dont remember really since i have to refresh my memory but i think he went small time and later went down for some robbery or something.

As for Nitto, during the Capone days he mightve been the number two guy, which i still have some doubts about that but i think im sure that he was a very powerful territorial boss on the West Side who never managed to get away from the spotlight since he was indicted and sentenced together with his infamous boss