Vito Genovese/Fiore Buccieri Similarity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Villain
Filthy Few

Vito Genovese/Fiore Buccieri Similarity

Post by Villain »

I dont know if the whole thread should be named like this or maybe this might be one of those so-called GBB threads, and maybe I dont know much regarding the U.S. Mob out of the city of Chicago, but still I can only think of one mobster, particularly Vito Genovese who allegedly "widowed" his wife, meaning he killed her previous husband so he can later marry her. So during our research with our board member Confederate regarding the Outfit's administration post the Giancana era, besides the various connections and similarities between the Outfit and the Genovese fam, I also came across one document which says that Outfit big shot Fiore Buccieri also "widowed" his wife by killing her previous husband. On top of that both mobsters were followed by many quite ruthless and bloody stories. Now I know that this didnt occur only in Mafia circles, but what are your thoughts on this and are there any other similar examples in America's CN history?

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... cieri_wife
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Frank
Full Patched

Re: Vito Genovese/Fiore Buccieri Similarity

Post by Frank »

Villain wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:21 am I dont know if the whole thread should be named like this or maybe this might be one of those so-called GBB threads, and maybe I dont know much regarding the U.S. Mob out of the city of Chicago, but still I can only think of one mobster, particularly Vito Genovese who allegedly "widowed" his wife, meaning he killed her previous husband so he can later marry her. So during our research with our board member Confederate regarding the Outfit's administration post the Giancana era, besides the various connections and similarities between the Outfit and the Genovese fam, I also came across one document which says that Outfit big shot Fiore Buccieri also "widowed" his wife by killing her previous husband. On top of that both mobsters were followed by many quite ruthless and bloody stories. Now I know that this didnt occur only in Mafia circles, but what are your thoughts on this and are there any other similar examples in America's CN history?

If I remember this correct the Columbo families Joel Casace married a girl who had been married to a hit man Cacace had killed. He did Vito and FiFi one better by also having his ex-wifes husband killed too.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

Frank wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:33 pm
Villain wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:21 am I dont know if the whole thread should be named like this or maybe this might be one of those so-called GBB threads, and maybe I dont know much regarding the U.S. Mob out of the city of Chicago, but still I can only think of one mobster, particularly Vito Genovese who allegedly "widowed" his wife, meaning he killed her previous husband so he can later marry her. So during our research with our board member Confederate regarding the Outfit's administration post the Giancana era, besides the various connections and similarities between the Outfit and the Genovese fam, I also came across one document which says that Outfit big shot Fiore Buccieri also "widowed" his wife by killing her previous husband. On top of that both mobsters were followed by many quite ruthless and bloody stories. Now I know that this didnt occur only in Mafia circles, but what are your thoughts on this and are there any other similar examples in America's CN history?

If I remember this correct the Columbo families Joel Casace married a girl who had been married to a hit man Cacace had killed. He did Vito and FiFi one better by also having his ex-wifes husband killed too.
He did Vito/Fifi two better: he killed an ex-husband who was a cop.
It's no wonder he is in jail for it.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:46 am
Frank wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:33 pm

He did Vito/Fifi two better: he killed an ex-husband who was a cop.
It's no wonder he is in jail for it.
Lol yes you are right.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Joe Valachi was the person who made the claim that Vito Genovese killed Anna's first husband. Thanks to the research that Alex Hortis did, we now know this isn't true. Valachi jumped to conclusions. Hortis wrote about it in his book "The Mob and the City."
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

@Frank thanks for the additional info and @Antiliar thanks for clearing that up!
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

This is not a murder of one male individual over a female but still its worth to mention. You see, Rocco Degrazias brother Andrew was so notorious that once allegedly he was a suspect in the “suicide” of his mistress, 23 year old Miss Lora Stackowicz and years later, his wife allegedly also committed suicide with a gun. Because of his dark background, he was suspected of being somehow involved in the so-called “suicides” of his female partners but he was never charged nor convicted. It seems that the Chi boys always killed women with the blink of an eye
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

Rusty Rastelli killed his wife after she became a CI. Allegedly Connie Rastelli was involved and had detailed knowledge of Rusty's day-to-day business.
Leonetti married to the fiance of that Scarfo associate he murdered in the late-70s.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

eboli wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:00 am Rusty Rastelli killed his wife after she became a CI. Allegedly Connie Rastelli was involved and had detailed knowledge of Rusty's day-to-day business.
Leonetti married to the fiance of that Scarfo associate he murdered in the late-70s.
Thanks and yeah i remember regarding Rastellis situation and also thank you for the additional info on Leonetti.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

It seems that Giancana also did a similar thing...ahhh thats amore :mrgreen:

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... o_giancana
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

Some of these groupies get passed around the mob guy circuit pretty thoroughly anyway, so it's hard to say a hit was for the purpose of getting the girl.

Trying to remember the bar in Forest Hills near where I lived for a few years. Fairly well known place near the courts. They used to hang out there with a bunch of other beat up divorcees. The bartender got shot for seeing the wrong girl.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

Stratton!
dimaggio
Associate

Post by dimaggio »

Gravanos first hit, joe coloucci was ordered by shorty spero so his nephew tommy could marry the widow, camille, with whom hed been having an affair. Later after tommy spero got clipped she married genovese ernest vaccarelli.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Valachi claimed that either Manfredi Mineo or Stefano Ferrigno did this.
In the old days the way I was made to understand, if a member was married and he had a sweetheart he was in plenty to trouble but the bosses developed a habit if they fell for a member's wife he would have the husband killed whether she like it or not. There were not many of these doings but the few that there were that I know of I will talk about it as I go on. One I already told you about, that was the one who got killed on Pelham Parkway.
He said that we got two bosses and he tells me their names they were Alfred Mineo and Steve Ferrigno. Now he goes on to tell me that they had a meet at the Pelham Parkway Apartment, all told he said they were about twenty of them and that afternoon they were breaking up the meet and they were coming out of the apartment in pairs two at a time every five minutes two will come out. Now they let a lot of guys go by, now these two bosses come out they didn't want to take a chance and let these two bosses go by if they knew for sure if Joe the 'Boss will come out they will had let these two bosses go by but they figure that let's drop these two or we may get nothing at all. Now we find out Joe the Boss was there and he was going to be the last one out. So he got away. So I asked him did they get the guy that lived there, he said yes he was one of them. Then I asked how did the wife react as I was told that she will be happy, was she happy, he said I know both of them, she was so happy that she is going back to Italy.
http://mafiahistory.us/a023/therealthing.htm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it was Stefano Ferrigno who had ties to Pelham Parkway, but his wife and kids stayed in Pelham indefinitely after the murder and were still there as of the 1940 census. WIth Manfredi being older, maybe Valachi was referring to him