Nicky corozzo

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: Nicky corozzo

Post by JeremyTheJew »

TommyGambino wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:36 am
Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:18 am
TommyGambino wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:01 am Kenji Gallo actually, nice try though.

http://breakshotblog.blogspot.com/2014/ ... eteer.html

'since the 1980s when he was one of John Gotti Sr.’s most loyal and biggest moneymakers. He ran large parts of Queens and Howard Beach for the Gambinos'.

No mention there of him being a Capo let alone a Capo of a seperate crew from Nick Corozzo nor of Ronnie Trucchio taking over his seperate crew when he became Consiglieri. That whole narrative came from the usual forum "insiders" who always seem to orgasim over the Corozzos.

Pogo
Hang on, I thought it was just Nicky who had a fan club on here, I wasn't around them days so couldn't tell you
yeah. Nicky was the big favorite. and ppl would have huge arguments similar to "how can peter still be boss "

I thought JoJo ran w gotti crew while Nicky and Lenny ran the Brooklyn crew. I didn't realize they were big in queens as well....

Trucchio took over his father's crew I thought?

JoJo was gottis bodyguard it was written even.
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

another reason w the Corozzo hype is Gene Gotti was recorded saying "Go ahead and give the guy the spot. he waited long enough." reffering to Nicky. thats not exact quote btw.

I think he might have gotten the spot if he wasn't arrested soon after.

does anyone remmember if that was for the official spot or acting?
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:06 am Yeah the whole Nick and JoJo Corozzo running separate Crews came from fresh street talk from the usual suspects.

Pogo
yeah. before i signed up here and had the question cleared up in the Gambino Succession thread, I always thought Nick and Joe ran separate crews, only because I wasnt clear on the Trucchio / Mastrangelo crew succession. for some reason I had it in my head that Joe Corozzo officially ran a crew at one point, and Mastrangelo took it over.

I also figured as such due to location. Joe Corozzo getting popped with the Queens guys in 2011, Nick's crew being SE Brooklyn based. Before i asked on here I legitimately thought that Joe never had anything to do with Nick's crew. always thought Nick did his think in Brooklyn and JoJo was doing his thing up in Queens. you guys set me straight.

just to clear it up, Joe Corozzo was never an official Capo? he acted for his brother and was then moved into Consig (or acting consig / ruling panel)?
DonnieB
Straightened out

Post by DonnieB »

JoJo did have a club on liberty ave queens and Nicky in canarise maybe that's where some of the confusion comes from
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

Just another quick thing about the roc and al situation. I forgot to mention that al sent someone to shake downs rocs brother. Since al was locked up. So that's probably why roc felt so disrespected cause al sent some nobody probably to try and shake down rocs brother and rocs dad went straight to vernace or someone high up who passed the word to vernace.
AndyHaHa
Associate

Post by AndyHaHa »

I read that article, you think someone who writes about the mafia would know how a sports book works...they don’t get 10 percent of every bet win or lose..if you win you get 100 if you lose you pay 110... if someone went 10-0 at 100 a game you have to payout 1000 and make nothing
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

AndyHaHa wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:07 am I read that article, you think someone who writes about the mafia would know how a sports book works...they don’t get 10 percent of every bet win or lose..if you win you get 100 if you lose you pay 110... if someone went 10-0 at 100 a game you have to payout 1000 and make nothing
I think Kenji was going on the basic theory of bookmaking where, to win $100, a bettor must risk $110. Of course, the idea is to have an equal amount of money wagered on both sides so none of your own money is at risk and you can pay the winners with the losers money while keeping the remaining 10% the loser paid. Obviously laying off bets to balance them out is often needed. But what's strange is Kenji claimed on the RD forum that layoffs weren't really needed. I'm not sure how that works since there's usually going to be a favorite and an underdog.
All roads lead to New York.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Does anyone think Nicky is getting out of Jail alive..? I don't think so. What did he get ? 13yrs at 72yrs old?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

He has less than 2 years to serve before his release so yeah he has a very good chance of getting out alive.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

I also heard when Pete gotti was considered boss in names that it was well known that the little guy (Nicky) was really the one steering the ship.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Yeah and that has been debunked several times over already.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:05 am Yeah and that has been debunked several times over already.

Pogo
Was this addressed to me?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

chubby wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:12 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:05 am Yeah and that has been debunked several times over already.

Pogo
Yes, Pogo is saying that was a claim made by several people on the forums over the years and it was shown not to be true. Corozzo was always a captain, on the ruling panel back in the 1990s if I recall, but was never the real boss or running things from behind the scenes.
All roads lead to New York.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:54 am
AndyHaHa wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:07 am I read that article, you think someone who writes about the mafia would know how a sports book works...they don’t get 10 percent of every bet win or lose..if you win you get 100 if you lose you pay 110... if someone went 10-0 at 100 a game you have to payout 1000 and make nothing
I think Kenji was going on the basic theory of bookmaking where, to win $100, a bettor must risk $110. Of course, the idea is to have an equal amount of money wagered on both sides so none of your own money is at risk and you can pay the winners with the losers money while keeping the remaining 10% the loser paid. Obviously laying off bets to balance them out is often needed. But what's strange is Kenji claimed on the RD forum that layoffs weren't really needed. I'm not sure how that works since there's usually going to be a favorite and an underdog.
Many big books don’t lay off they just roll with it and they have good and bad weeks but end up good in the long haul. Small books lay off because they can’t handle having a really bad week
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:56 pm
chubby wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:12 pm

Pogo
Yes, Pogo is saying that was a claim made by several people on the forums over the years and it was shown not to be true. Corozzo was always a captain, on the ruling panel back in the 1990s if I recall, but was never the real boss or running things from behind the scenes.
I don't remmember who was the real acting boss at that time? Was it the panel with him, Jackie d Amico, and (??? Gammarano???)

And yes lota rumors on him. If he wouldn't get busted he had good chance.

Anyoe remembered Gene saying give him the spot?