Relationship between Philly and Gambino’s now

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Rocco
Full Patched

Re: Relationship between Philly and Gambino’s now

Post by Rocco »

NJShore4Life wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:01 pm Servidio was always in the Philly LCN North Jersey Crew, he just physically moved from Nutley to the sticks of South Jersey. That Entire North Jersey Crew must be sweating whether Servidio starts talking or not, he’s been down with that crew for a long time most of the 1990s and 2000s, finally got made within the last 5-10 years.
He has been around Licata and the Big Guy since the 1980s first as a fringe player. I don't think he was involved in any murders though. Drug and Gambling.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Teddy Persico wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:33 am
Mikeymike12 wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:15 pm Wonder what the relationship between Philly and the Gambino’s is now a days .
A lot has change since those lunch meetings a few years ago in Jersey. Most of the top guys at that table in 2010 aren’t in the same Position any longer . John Gambino pasted Away, Uncle Joe is “semi retired “/ Consig . Scoops stepped down from N. Jersey Captain . Etc etc
Wonder if Philly blames the Gambinos for what Philly went thru (arrest) because those meetings became a big part of the trials with the Nicky Skins wire .
They Vouched and put a lot of trust into Nicky Skins.
They let him go Up and Down the east coast meeting with guys in other families .
In the tapes you can hear Skins being called a” good man and solid as a rock”. Who turned out to be wearing a wire that day. (Wonder Who was quoted in saying the comment .) So without Skins tapes I wonder if some of those 12/13 Defendant would of been not arrested at the time .
The only Philly guys Nicky Skins recorded were Ligambi, Licata, Fazzini and Staino. Ligambi and Licata beat the charges, Fazzini pleaded guilty to gambling and theft and Staino was burned because he was caught on tape threatening an FBI agent posing as a loan shark customer. The tape didn't end up doing any damage to Philly. I think a bigger thing effecting their relationship is that all the Gambino guys at the meeting (John Gambino, Stefanelli, Trucchio and Michael Roccaforte) except Lorenzo Mannino and Joe Gambino are dead or currently in prison.
Fazzini plead guilty to Racketeering charge got 5yrs. Sucks that he did that because next time he guys infront of a judge for sentencing they will hold that against him and it wont be another 5yrs. He will get double digits.
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:58 pm where is the 4k figure coming from? and what it is representing?? Merlino or a capos cut??

if its 4g a month off of one racket that's not that bad to pass up to a capo if its just from one racket....
It’s coming from the North Jersey crew in 1980’s and early 90’s .Then Sodano stopped sending an Envelope when Natale and Merlino took over. That 4 k monthly is just from that one crew . That crew was broke ? Sending 4K , that’s making at least 16-24k a month ......that’s not reallly good money for that crew to make? What do you think that crew is making these days?

The 4K number is in the book Last gangster around chapter 9 about Sodano and his crew.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Mikeymike12 wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:00 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:58 pm where is the 4k figure coming from? and what it is representing?? Merlino or a capos cut??

if its 4g a month off of one racket that's not that bad to pass up to a capo if its just from one racket....
It’s coming from the North Jersey crew in 1980’s and early 90’s .Then Sodano stopped sending an Envelope when Natale and Merlino took over. That 4 k monthly is just from that one crew . That crew was broke ? Sending 4K , that’s making at least 16-24k a month ......that’s not reallly good money for that crew to make? What do you think that crew is making these days?

The 4K number is in the book Last gangster around chapter 9 about Sodano and his crew.
well I said: that is not that bad (4k)
so i agree w u....
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Canardo
Honorary Member

Post by Canardo »

Seems kind of a low figure for an entire crew to kick up in my opinion. But Pogo established it was only one persons cut. So the entire crew's kick up would be substantially bigger wich i feel is more realistic.
Feed me, Seymour!
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

what is people's estimation that Boss, Underboss and consiglere make of let's say Philly, maybe NY if anyone wants too...

id say Merlino before court and all that alone probably mase.... 25g month?? to high?? to low???
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:50 pm what is people's estimation that Boss, Underboss and consiglere make of let's say Philly, maybe NY if anyone wants too...

id say Merlino before court and all that alone probably mase.... 25g month?? to high?? to low???
People could throw out numbers but I don't think there's enough info to really base them on anything. Up until his indictment, Ligambi was said to have interests in real estate and a towing company. He also had a $50,000 a year no show job with a local waste hauling company. This in addition to the partnership he had with Staino and Massimino in their video poker company, as well as whatever tribute he received as acting boss.
All roads lead to New York.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:15 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 3:50 pm what is people's estimation that Boss, Underboss and consiglere make of let's say Philly, maybe NY if anyone wants too...

People could throw out numbers but I don't think there's enough info to really base them on anything. Up until his indictment, Ligambi was said to have interests in real estate and a towing company. He also had a $50,000 a year no show job with a local waste hauling company. This in addition to the partnership he had with Staino and Massimino in their video poker company, as well as whatever tribute he received as acting boss.
I allways forget about mouse. was he UB?

hgpe is the only defendent that went down in Ligambi case
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:15 pm

but also throw out a guess!!
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:22 pm

I allways forget about mouse. was he UB?

hgpe is the only defendent that went down in Ligambi case
Yes, he was underboss.
but also throw out a guess!!
Joey Merlino - $640 million!

http://mafia.wikia.com/wiki/The_top_50_ ... f_all_time
All roads lead to New York.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Joe Defede testified that he made 1.6 million during his run as Acting Boss of the Lucchese family. This was from late 1993-early 1998 so about 350 grand a year. A guy like Merlino today would of course be making a hell of a lot less.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Vic was locked up, I’m not sure how respected DeFede was so I’m sure he was shorted as well as having to give Vic his take and also that was a period of unprecedented LE indictments that probably had a lot of guys cash light with defense costs and maybe even laying low.

That was also a period of change where wiseguys lost a lot of core rackets and didn’t quite adjust to the new environment and was pre internet and the big pivot to gambling . Now gambling is everything with monster books and I think guys are consistently earning again. My guess would be Merlin’s makes $500k range a year . In total Philly must be running tens and even hundred million annual sports book across NJ, PA and DE. That’s steady cash in guys hands to do all sorts of side biz / deals
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

You're dreaming if you think LCN is pulling in as much or more today than they were in the mid 90s. Especially Merlino and Philly pulling in that kind of money. They have never even sniffed hundreds of millions of dollars. One only has to look at the Stanfa case, the 2001 Merlino case and the Ligambi case to see that Philly (with few exceptions) is a family of brokesters post Scarfo era. Everything that has come out is low level mostly penny ante stuff when it comes to rackets.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
TJ
Straightened out

Post by TJ »

Didn’t realize that gangsters have a range in salary, like accountants, or teamsters...your dreaming if you think you can put a number to anyone of these guys..each person and case is different..move the right rock and find the right gem, and all of a sudden a brokester is an 8 figure guy..no idea what anyone of them ‘make’ how can we. Tax returns not public, and obviously a chunk won’t be on there...can gauge how people live and what it takes to do so, but how do we gauge that as income? No idea, if a guy lives in a 9million house, and let’s say he doesn’t haven to pay the rent, but lives there for like 4 years, is that rent added to this hypothetical earnings we are talking about? Or cars? Or kids prep schools? Or watches, Cartier nail bracelets...is that added to this number..or just w2,1099, and whatever bag of cash is dropped off...my point is, guys live real real large, sure no shoe boxes of cash dropped off by 15captainsa month, doesn’t mean they are ‘earning’
TJ
Straightened out

EarningRe: Relationship between Philly and Gambino’s now

Post by TJ »

they aren’t earning meant to say...if the premise of the argument is that there was more overall racket money around years ago, then I agree...overall..yes..BUT, some guys are knocking certain things dead, in a lot of ways that a soldier in 1973 couldntdream of..so..the GNP of the mob may not be as far off as we all may think