Nicky corozzo

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: Nicky corozzo

Post by JeremyTheJew »

jojo I thought ran a seperate crew from Nicky?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

chubby wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:07 pm Here's some shit I heard about the crew a while back... before the 'operation old bridge' case,i heard they had the/ if not one of the strongest crews in the family. It was run by Nicky and 'jojo' and they ran it with lenny dimaria, jimmy della ratta and 'blaise', Nicky and jo jos younger brother. before they were into construction,and the laborers..they pretty much ran all of Canarsie . they had like a half dozen clubs on ave. n and off ocean parkway.marine park,and mill basin had a lot of there guys.they had at least a hundred poker machines all over those neighborhoods.they had tony v who ran a book that took like two hundred million in action.they had a million on the street in shy. They had guys in brooklyn and florida. nicky 'inhereted' the laborers in A way that I'm not sure about so I can't explain... he never let his guys party,he had some good kids around him. he made all his guys go into legit businesses.

Then the problems came with tony v's kid flipping, then on top of that I heard his guy tony got robbed several years back. Word is they took him for six hundred grand.which was like his entire bank. which as you can guess,killed his business. But heard a week later he was back in business after Nicky loaned him some cash....

I'm not saying this is gospel but I heard it was some of tg's guys who robbed him for the 600k
nice. good stuff chubby.

so the guy joe vollaro essentially did a lot of damage to this crew. i wonder how strong / active they are today. andrew didonato's book gives some good info on the crew from back when he was active, mid 80s to the early 90s i think. Nick C sounded like a slave driver & it sounded like a very serious group
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

newera_212 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:14 pm
chubby wrote: Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:07 pm Here's some shit I heard about the crew a while back... before the 'operation old bridge' case,i heard they had the/ if not one of the strongest crews in the family. It was run by Nicky and 'jojo' and they ran it with lenny dimaria, jimmy della ratta and 'blaise', Nicky and jo jos younger brother. before they were into construction,and the laborers..they pretty much ran all of Canarsie . they had like a half dozen clubs on ave. n and off ocean parkway.marine park,and mill basin had a lot of there guys.they had at least a hundred poker machines all over those neighborhoods.they had tony v who ran a book that took like two hundred million in action.they had a million on the street in shy. They had guys in brooklyn and florida. nicky 'inhereted' the laborers in A way that I'm not sure about so I can't explain... he never let his guys party,he had some good kids around him. he made all his guys go into legit businesses.

Then the problems came with tony v's kid flipping, then on top of that I heard his guy tony got robbed several years back. Word is they took him for six hundred grand.which was like his entire bank. which as you can guess,killed his business. But heard a week later he was back in business after Nicky loaned him some cash....

I'm not saying this is gospel but I heard it was some of tg's guys who robbed him for the 600k
nice. good stuff chubby.

so the guy joe vollaro essentially did a lot of damage to this crew. i wonder how strong / active they are today. andrew didonato's book gives some good info on the crew from back when he was active, mid 80s to the early 90s i think. Nick C sounded like a slave driver & it sounded like a very serious group
Yeah, DiDonato described Corozzo as all business, all the time.
All roads lead to New York.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

as well as not being to easy to get along with it sounded like.

lenny di maria is said to be the guy that has a lot of the friends and dealt w communication.

I don't remmember him saying anything about jo jo either... thats why i think they were seperate crews
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

Yea Nicky was like a fucking mini Stalin . Was a very serious skipper.... I heard there was only one or two other crews that had a more serious "no party" policy. If you were around Nicky even if you were young he didn't tolerate weed smoking, popping pills, snorting coke.. nothing. Which I personally feel is a very great policy and every crew should be like that. You want your guys to all be level headed and not held back by fucking addiction. I think it would make a crew much more successful.... not to mention make guys less likely to rat. Lot easier to get a soldier or associate who has an opiate problem to start talking when he's sitting in the interrogation room pissong out of his ass/willing to do anything to get out and score.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:25 pm jojo I thought ran a seperate crew from Nicky?
Yep, he ran a huge Queens crew, which iirc correctly Ronnie Trucchio got the crew, or a big chunk of it when Jo Jo got bumped to consig, i think Bobby Vernace got part of it, which is now run by Lou Mastrangelo.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

TommyGambino wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:37 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:25 pm jojo I thought ran a seperate crew from Nicky?
Yep, he ran a huge Queens crew, which iirc correctly Ronnie Trucchio got the crew, or a big chunk of it when Jo Jo got bumped to consig, i think Bobby Vernace got part of it, which is now run by Lou Mastrangelo.
Same crew as his brother. Confirmed by Mikey DiLeonardo. See DiLeonardo´s Q&A. If you´re not sure of the answer, don´t answer or at least say that you´re not sure.
There you have it, never printed before.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

If i was to guess id say marbles draggonetti is acting capo of nicky’s crew with all the cash bein kicked up to nicky while marbles controls the street.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Yeah the whole Nick and JoJo Corozzo running separate Crews came from fresh street talk from the usual suspects.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:06 am Yeah the whole Nick and JoJo Corozzo running separate Crews came from fresh street talk from the usual suspects.

Pogo
Kenji Gallo actually, nice try though.

http://breakshotblog.blogspot.com/2014/ ... eteer.html

'since the 1980s when he was one of John Gotti Sr.’s most loyal and biggest moneymakers. He ran large parts of Queens and Howard Beach for the Gambinos'.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:49 am
Same crew as his brother. Confirmed by Mikey DiLeonardo. See DiLeonardo´s Q&A. If you´re not sure of the answer, don´t answer or at least say that you´re not sure.
Thought Kenii would be a good enough source, not something that I've just read on here and gone along with http://breakshotblog.blogspot.com/2014/ ... eteer.html
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

TommyGambino wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:01 am Kenji Gallo actually, nice try though.

'since the 1980s when he was one of John Gotti Sr.’s most loyal and biggest moneymakers. He ran large parts of Queens and Howard Beach for the Gambinos'.

No mention there of him being a Capo let alone a Capo of a seperate crew from Nick Corozzo nor of Ronnie Trucchio taking over his seperate crew when he became Consiglieri. That whole narrative came from the usual forum "insiders" who always seem to orgasim over the Corozzos.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

TommyGambino wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:03 am
Thought Kenii would be a good enough source, not something that I've just read on here and gone along with http://breakshotblog.blogspot.com/2014/ ... eteer.html
Where does II say jojo headed a seperate crew from nick's? Its the same crew but they headed it at different times. Jojo on acting basis. He went from acting captain to consigliere. Lenny DiMaria also headed same crew.
There you have it, never printed before.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:18 am
TommyGambino wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:03 am
Where does II say jojo headed a seperate crew from nick's? Its the same crew but they headed it at different times. Jojo on acting basis. He went from acting captain to consigliere. Lenny DiMaria also headed same crew.
It's obviously isn't true but that's what Kenji seems to be insinuating, Jo Jo running Queens, with the Trucchio crew coming up under him, late 90's wasn't Ronnie Trruchio running that area, not the Corozzo crew
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:18 am
TommyGambino wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:01 am Kenji Gallo actually, nice try though.

No mention there of him being a Capo let alone a Capo of a seperate crew from Nick Corozzo nor of Ronnie Trucchio taking over his seperate crew when he became Consiglieri. That whole narrative came from the usual forum "insiders" who always seem to orgasim over the Corozzos.

Pogo
Hang on, I thought it was just Nicky who had a fan club on here, I wasn't around them days so couldn't tell you