General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

slimshady_007
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by slimshady_007 »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:26 am
slimshady_007 wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:55 am Is every crew required to have an acting/street capo?
If you mean when the official captain of the crew is in prison or otherwise unable to operate, yes, another member of the crew will be appointed acting captain to run things.
Not just then, but in other instances too. Remember that Jack garcia said that greg depalma had appointed robert vaccaro his street capo since he didnt want to be seen meeting with certain people. So, does every crew operate in this way?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

slimshady_007 wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:10 am
slimshady_007 wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:55 am Is every crew required to have an acting/street capo?
If you mean when the official captain of the crew is in prison or otherwise unable to operate, yes, another member of the crew will be appointed acting captain to run things.
Not just then, but in other instances too. Remember that Jack garcia said that greg depalma had appointed robert vaccaro his street capo since he didnt want to be seen meeting with certain people. So, does every crew operate in this way?
That's a case of a captain adding another level of protection like a boss would. To answer your question, that example seems to be a rather unique one. It's not something we hear about often.
All roads lead to New York.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:17 am
slimshady_007 wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:10 am
That's a case of a captain adding another level of protection like a boss would. To answer your question, that example seems to be a rather unique one. It's not something we hear about often.
street lieutenants ig could qualify if u wanna put names on it
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Dumb question, but I'm genuinely curious and don't know the answer:

Do any New York family "farm teams" of youthful hoods still exist? I'm talking about gangs like the Tanglewood Boys, the Bath Avenue Crew, and so on.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Ivan wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:17 pm Dumb question, but I'm genuinely curious and don't know the answer:

Do any New York family "farm teams" of youthful hoods still exist? I'm talking about gangs like the Tanglewood Boys, the Bath Avenue Crew, and so on.
Highly doubt it. The cops rlly cracked down on the farm teams in the late 90’s. Everyone in the bath ave crew is either dead informant or in prison. Wouldn’t be surprised if thier were some groups of young kids lookin to impress higher ups on the streets rn, similar to the old farm teams.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Anyone know when ronnie g and his crew r gunna be sentenced?
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

slimshady_007 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:29 pm
Ivan wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:17 pm Dumb question, but I'm genuinely curious and don't know the answer:

Highly doubt it. The cops rlly cracked down on the farm teams in the late 90’s. Everyone in the bath ave crew is either dead informant or in prison. Wouldn’t be surprised if thier were some groups of young kids lookin to impress higher ups on the streets rn, similar to the old farm teams.
I disagree.
id say that they just aren't as violent as back in the day. not only has laws changed since then but also those gangs got really big w the crack epidemic.

and the mob didn't deal crack, so the farm team gangs did. as well as a lot started doing it as well.
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:02 pm
slimshady_007 wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:29 pm

I disagree.
id say that they just aren't as violent as back in the day. not only has laws changed since then but also those gangs got really big w the crack epidemic.

and the mob didn't deal crack, so the farm team gangs did. as well as a lot started doing it as well.
Im sure there r some kids maybe my age or a lil older that sell dope run numbers and commit violence as a way to get noticed. The mob will always have wannabes like that.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:02 pm and the mob didn't deal crack, so the farm team gangs did. as well as a lot started doing it as well.

Actually the mob did deal crack. The Luccheses, Bonannos and Colombos were all involved with it in Brooklyn during the 90s. Wouldn't surprise me if the other two families dadbled in it as well.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:10 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:02 pm and the mob didn't deal crack, so the farm team gangs did. as well as a lot started doing it as well.

Actually the mob did deal crack. The Luccheses, Bonannos and Colombos were all involved with it in Brooklyn during the 90s. Wouldn't surprise me if the other two families dadbled in it as well.

Pogo
really?? crack has allways been seen as a black drug. very interesting. was it made members and can u remmember who?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:27 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:10 pm

Pogo
really?? crack has allways been seen as a black drug. very interesting. was it made members and can u remmember who?
In 2009, Felice Masullo (who was a driver for Genovese acting captain Anthony Palumbo and proposed member of the Genovese Family) was charged in the case that included Palumbo and acting boss Danny Leo. Masullo and his two brothers were charged with sports betting, loansharking, and trafficking of cocaine and crack cocaine.

Bonanno associates that Anthony Spero oversaw were also involved in dealing cocaine and crack.

In the article below you can read about the crack cocaine ring Lucchese soldier James Galione oversaw in the 1990s.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/1996/10/02/n ... oklyn.html
All roads lead to New York.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 6:04 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 4:12 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 1:28 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 7:40 pm
slimshady_007 wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 5:22 pm Anyone know the last known time an associate was required to kill someone to become a made member?
My Guess would be Columbo war.
The thing is, the Colombos didn't make anybody from 1991-2000. Unless you believe Larry Mazza, in which case you're right.

Even later than the Colombo War was Dino Calabro having to whack Bill Cutolo (and possibly Ralph Dols) in order to get inducted.
The same year as the Wild Bill hit was John Spirito getting made for helping whack George from Canada.
Good points on Calabro and Spirito.
Regards the Columbo wars reference, guys like big anthony Russo and Gurrera (offered) were getting their buttons in the 2000’s from participating in hits from the war IIRC.
Frank Guerra was a longtime earner for Teddy Persico Jr. and a close associate of Little Allie Boy Persico. He was like Little Allie Boy's secretary, according to Chris Paciello, even when Allie Boy was acting boss. I think he would have been sponsored for induction whether he took part in the Scopo hit or not.
On top of this, Big Anthony Russo was also a longtime loanshark and earner under Teddy Persico Jr. and Michael Persico.
But I believe Big Anthony was pushing to be made in the 1990s because of the Scopo hit, and complained about it to higher-ups.
where did Paciello say this?
and like that...he was gone
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

far fetched question .... but so we all love Sopranos. prob bc its the best show ever... as we seen a lot of the scenarios are based off realty

season one... perifilew coach. Tony leave the decision up to artie buco lol. and even hes mad when artie of all ppl cancels the hit.

I find this so stupid I wonder if this is some kind of story well known or something
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

What, the fuck, are you talking about.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:08 pm What, the fuck, are you talking about.
idk man I was baked worse then a cake.

don't u remmember season 1 in Sopranos when the gym teacher was fuckin meadows friend.

and artie went all "he's gotta die tony!!" and Tony was like it's being done.

artie eventually says the hit can't go downm
then later tony's like "say the word artie and he's gone! what do u want done!?" and he got mad artie didnt wanna kill the teacher