General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by JeremyTheJew »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:49 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:47 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:41 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:38 pm Colombos even recently make off decisions like Ralph DeLeo. Associate to Acting Boss.
I think it was Associate - Soldier - Acting Boss if I'm not mistaken.
he was not a soldier (or made) ...or possibly not even a asso when he met Allie boy.
Do you mean he associated with Allie Boy when he was only an associate? Or do you mean he was inducted straight from associate to acting boss?
straight to Acting boss is what I thought
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:58 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:49 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 10:47 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:41 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 9:38 pm Colombos even recently make off decisions like Ralph DeLeo. Associate to Acting Boss.
I think it was Associate - Soldier - Acting Boss if I'm not mistaken.
he was not a soldier (or made) ...or possibly not even a asso when he met Allie boy.
Do you mean he associated with Allie Boy when he was only an associate? Or do you mean he was inducted straight from associate to acting boss?
straight to Acting boss is what I thought
He was inducted in mid-2004 and promoted to acting boss in 2008.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Didnt he lead a crew in boston? Ya know who took over the crew after his indictment?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

slimshady_007 wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 5:51 am
Didnt he lead a crew in boston? Ya know who took over the crew after his indictment?
I don't think he led a crew there, as in, I don't think there were any Boston-based Colombo soldiers. He certainly had extensive operations over there, however, and someone is bound to have taken them over. It's anyone's guess whether that someone reports to or kicks up to the Colombo family in New York.

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

does ANYONE know of any made members that have become un made?

would that be equal to being on the shelf?

we know gotti made DeCavs re make a few members bc of the ceremony wasn't proper but they were all re made I believe
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:37 pm does ANYONE know of any made members that have become un made?

would that be equal to being on the shelf?
Not that I can think of. Once you’re made you’re made for life. To un-make someone would shit on the whole principle of getting made.

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:37 pm does ANYONE know of any made members that have become un made?

The Philly North Jersey guy's made in the 1990 Freselone ceremony (Vincent Centorino, Nicky Oliveri, Nick Cifelli and John Priano) had their ceremony invalidated by NY. Which in effect meant they were not recognized as made members. Centorino and Oliveri were eventually made again for real later on.

JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:37 pm would that be equal to being on the shelf?

No because theoretically a shelved member is still recognized as a made member.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:51 pm

The Philly North Jersey guy's made in the 1990 Freselone ceremony (Vincent Centorino, Nicky Oliveri, Nick Cifelli and John Priano) had their ceremony invalidated by NY. Which in effect meant they were not recognized as made members. Centorino and Oliveri were eventually made again for real later on.

JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:37 pm would that be equal to being on the shelf?

No because theoretically a shelved member is still recognized as a made member.

Pogo
what about Nick Cifelli and John Praino??
so they were un made and that's stayed that way??

is the prison dude casso made legit?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

They never got remade. As far I know Spinelli was recognized.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

when a boss retires or steps down...
do u think the feds start switching focus on new boss, or do they continue w old boss as well as start new boss indictments?
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:09 pm when a boss retires or steps down...
do u think the feds start switching focus on new boss, or do they continue w old boss as well as start new boss indictments?
Well they’ll soon get pretty bored tailing a retired old dude heading to bingo or bugging his phone listening to him complaining to his cable company...

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

gohnjotti wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:09 pm when a boss retires or steps down...
Well they’ll soon get pretty bored tailing a retired old dude heading to bingo or bugging his phone listening to him complaining to his cable company...
well I'm more thinking of all the old info and wannabe indictments that just aren't fully built.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:13 am
gohnjotti wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:27 pm
well I'm more thinking of all the old info and wannabe indictments that just aren't fully built.
They might try to patch things up, sure. Luigi Manocchio was retired when he was indicted, right? They kept on indicting Vinny Gorgeous long after he was out of the picture. They indicted Andy Russo after he had stepped down as acting boss in '98, but he was still a capo. They kept trying with Junior Gotti; him and Manocchio are probably the biggest examples.

slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Is every crew required to have an acting/street capo?
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

slimshady_007 wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:55 am Is every crew required to have an acting/street capo?
If you mean when the official captain of the crew is in prison or otherwise unable to operate, yes, another member of the crew will be appointed acting captain to run things.
All roads lead to New York.