Florida

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

MikeyRiens11
Honorary Member

Florida

Post by MikeyRiens11 »

I was just curious whether there was ever any activity in the northern part of the state. Thanks in advance for any insight.
AndyHaHa
Associate

Re: Florida

Post by AndyHaHa »

How far north ? Like the panhandle/Jax? Because Tampa had its own family for years
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

If you're talking Tampa and Hillsborough County, the Trafficante/Tampa crime family itself is probably dead since it allegedly merged with the Gambino family in the late 1990s/early 2000s. The Gambinos have since had crews down there that are active in gambling and loansharking, as well as a handful of more advanced shakedown schemes.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

gohnjotti wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:18 pm If you're talking Tampa and Hillsborough County, the Trafficante/Tampa crime family itself is probably dead since it allegedly merged with the Gambino family in the late 1990s/early 2000s. The Gambinos have since had crews down there that are active in gambling and loansharking, as well as a handful of more advanced shakedown schemes.
My understanding is what was left of the Trafficante family affiliated themselves with the Gambinos (like the DeCavalcantes are). Not merged in the sense they were the same family.
All roads lead to New York.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Have Artuso and his son been released?
MikeyRiens11
Honorary Member

Post by MikeyRiens11 »

Sorry I should have been more specific. I was interested in any activity in and north of Orlando. I know you had the Tampa family and different crews from New York operating in Miami, Boca, and Fort Lauderdale, but I never heard much about one of the families having a crew in Jacksonville or Daytona, for instance. Was there never any interest or maybe some biker gangs operating in these areas and they didn't want to deal with that? Thanks again!
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

MikeyRiens11 wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:30 am Sorry I should have been more specific. I was interested in any activity in and north of Orlando. I know you had the Tampa family and different crews from New York operating in Miami, Boca, and Fort Lauderdale, but I never heard much about one of the families having a crew in Jacksonville or Daytona, for instance. Was there never any interest or maybe some biker gangs operating in these areas and they didn't want to deal with that? Thanks again!
The Trafficante's operated in and around Orlando and Jacksonville IIRC in the 70's and 80's, but I don't think they had crews there.
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by NYNighthawk »

The Gambino's have hidden interests in the strip clubs down there. The Trafficante family for all purposes is truly dead. The Gambino's moved fast into their territory when the Bonanno/Donnie Brasco destroyed their affiliation.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Ah Florida. The balls of the United States.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

MikeyRiens11 wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:30 am Sorry I should have been more specific. I was interested in any activity in and north of Orlando. I know you had the Tampa family and different crews from New York operating in Miami, Boca, and Fort Lauderdale, but I never heard much about one of the families having a crew in Jacksonville or Daytona, for instance. Was there never any interest or maybe some biker gangs operating in these areas and they didn't want to deal with that? Thanks again!
Harlan blackburn was the boss in orlando at one time , he was with santo trafficante
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:35 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:18 pm If you're talking Tampa and Hillsborough County, the Trafficante/Tampa crime family itself is probably dead since it allegedly merged with the Gambino family in the late 1990s/early 2000s. The Gambinos have since had crews down there that are active in gambling and loansharking, as well as a handful of more advanced shakedown schemes.
My understanding is what was left of the Trafficante family affiliated themselves with the Gambinos (like the DeCavalcantes are). Not merged in the sense they were the same family.
i thought that the DeCavs weren't really under Gambinos and have there own admin etc???

the teafficante fam doesn't have admin so i can see them being absorbed by the binos.
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 11:04 am
Wiseguy wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 8:35 pm
i thought that the DeCavs weren't really under Gambinos and have there own admin etc???

the teafficante fam doesn't have admin so i can see them being absorbed by the binos.
The DeCavalcantes do have their own family and administration but are affiliated with the Gambinos.

There is no Trafficante family left, just a handful of old and inactive members, so there wouldn't be an administration.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

I don't get what u mean by affiliated?
like they just know eachother??? or apart of each other?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:22 pm I don't get what u mean by affiliated?
Maybe "affiliated" isn't the best word. DeCavalcante captain Charles Stango phrased it as, "Now we run under the Gambinos." The DeCavalcante criminal complaint daid, "Currently, it appears that the DCF operates under the Gambino Family of La Cosa Nostra, one of the five major crime families based in New York City (the "Gambinos")."

Once again, the DeCavalcantes remain a separate family with their own hierarchy. But they are allied with the Gambinos. The Gambino family has a certain level of influence over them and likely represents the interest of the DeCavalcantes with the other NY families. I think it was the same situation with the Gambinos and what was left of the Trafficantes. Neither family merged with the Gambinos in the sense of becoming one organization.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:43 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun May 20, 2018 8:22 pm I don't get what u mean by affiliated?
Maybe "affiliated" isn't the best word. DeCavalcante captain Charles Stango phrased it as, "Now we run under the Gambinos." The DeCavalcante criminal complaint daid, "Currently, it appears that the DCF operates under the Gambino Family of La Cosa Nostra, one of the five major crime families based in New York City (the "Gambinos")."

Once again, the DeCavalcantes remain a separate family with their own hierarchy. But they are allied with the Gambinos. The Gambino family has a certain level of influence over them and likely represents the interest of the DeCavalcantes with the other NY families. I think it was the same situation with the Gambinos and what was left of the Trafficantes. Neither family merged with the Gambinos in the sense of becoming one organization.
This is how I always took to understand it as well. seperate and autonomous but definitely not equal, almost deferential if the need arised.

I wonder for example if a made DCF soldier gets into a money dispute with a made Genovese guy... like a territory dispute over a card game or shaking down the wrong person or some bullshit.. if the DeCav guy would sit down directly with the Genovese, or if thats when the Gambino connection would come into play, and a Gambino member with more juice & networking skills would sit down instead.

I also wonder if there are any Gambino members who solely deal with the DeCavs...designated liasons bw the two administrations. Im sure there are, just wondering who they are