Are the Bonnano's and Gambino's backing The Violi Hamilton Ndrangheta Clan in the Canada War?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Are the Bonnano's and Gambino's backing The Violi Hamilton Ndrangheta Clan in the Canada War?

Post by Lupara »

Slumpy wrote:I don't think he has any power now, from where would it be derived? He's still got 12 years on a 14 year sentence and he's 66 years old. He'll be in his late 70's by the time he gets out.
He has already been serving a large part of that sentence. During trial the years count as 1.5 so unless I'm wrong he will be out before his 70s. But he's apparantly suffering from MS and in bad shape.
Slumpy
Straightened out

Re: Are the Bonnano's and Gambino's backing The Violi Hamilton Ndrangheta Clan in the Canada War?

Post by Slumpy »

It's also Canada so the chances of him serving his full sentence are fairly slim if I`m being honest :lol:
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Are the Bonnano's and Gambino's backing The Violi Hamilton Ndrangheta Clan in the Canada War?

Post by Lupara »

Slumpy wrote:It's also Canada so the chances of him serving his full sentence are fairly slim if I`m being honest [emoji38]
Yeah I think there are still one or two contracts on his head. I still think the Bonannos would want to get even for losing one of their made guys. But the old Rizzuto group will get to him sooner probably.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: Are the Bonnano's and Gambino's backing The Violi Hamilton Ndrangheta Clan in the Canada War?

Post by Lupara »

But we shouldn't underestimate the following he may still have. Not that long ago there was a serious attempt by his guys to break him out.

But I can also see him being isolated right now. There seems to be peace between the mob factions but the price for that peace will probably be his head.

No way I can see the Rizzuto loyalists giving him a pass. They have to kill him if only out of symbolism.

Slumpy
Straightened out

Post by Slumpy »

Mom Boucher (Hells Angels) was also just arrested (in his cell - life sentence) again for plotting to murder Desjardins while he was vulnerable during a prison transfer. This is the same guy that ordered the successful murder of two prison guards.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

@slumpy

I've mentioned all this stuff on BB since like 2014. I've even talked of how the cartibean route( Vito, Dominican republic..) reopening empowers syndicates other than the Mexicans. Especially with all the border politics with this admin. Ask anyone familiar with my post history, I've talked this shit to death for 4 years, so this convo is VERY surprising to me. I didn't really think I'd EVER get to really discuss this on the boards in depth, so I'd like to thank everyone who contributed..

It's just that you said he'd be out because he's " old". When has that stopped ANY mobster?

Now a couple things....

I thought the IRISH WEST END controlled the ports?]

Actually, I've read that there isn't really one criminal group monopolizing control at the ports. The ports wernt the key to Rizutto control, first time I've heard that. If it were true, you could just control the port and take over the mob. THATS what Montagna should a been focused on if that's the case....

Also, if they were buying product from Mafia controlled sources I might agree. But they weren't, really.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Montreal, if you really look at it on the map, was only important for dope coming FROM EUROPE, and going INTO NYC. Like how is coke going to come from Montreal? That's would be the Carribean route....

This is why Chicago is SO important to the cartels, its equidistant from ALL major American cities, as well as having a huge built in clientele base.
maninblack
On Record

Post by maninblack »

CabriniGreen wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:13 pm Oh, I forgot, a joke i made in a post about rhis.sametopic on the BB...

In my best Vito voice, " Montagna is a pimp, he never could have out fought Vito. But i didn't know till this day, it was the Gambinos, all along"....
Lmaoo I'm glad someone sees what I mean. Tall Pete Inzerillo was constantly working on drug stuff with the Bonnano's I completely agree the Gambino's shadily played a part in trying to take over a drug pipeline/territory. I bet Montagna came to Canada backed by some New York familes and thought he could take it right over
maninblack
On Record

Post by maninblack »

Slumpy wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 8:57 am I'm from Canada and lived in Montreal for a year.

Rizzuto was in a position of having an organization to carry out his orders and a standing that far exceeds what Desjardins could ever hope to achieve. It's a silly comparison. Desjardins' closest allies are dead and he has enemies everywhere. People in far less shitty circumstances have flipped; Desjardins is going to get out at 78 and won't have a mafia faction to murder his enemies for him. He'll have some of his wealth and perhaps some connections, but the criminal landscape can change a lot over 14-15 years. His "position on the chart" is literally what gave him his power and respect, he was trying to take over the Montreal Mafia for the express purpose of changing his position on said chart.
Yeah Desjardins def didn't have the power on his own thats why he teamed up with Montagna cause he was powerful and had all that backing but then they had a falling out
Slumpy
Straightened out

Post by Slumpy »

When I say they control the ports, what I mean is they control the supply of drugs flowing through the ports, less so physical control of the area. You are correct in your belief that nobody outright controls the ports. They (like the HA) are definitely supplied by the Rizzutos, though. Perhaps some other arrangement existed at some point - particularly in the Cotroni days - I don't know, but as far as I can tell, since the Rizzutos took control of the MTL mafia, they have controlled the provinces drug trade.

There was wiretap evidence of Richard Griffin (of the West End) trying to shake down the Rizzutos for ~300k after one of the Rizzuto's drug shipments was intercepted by the RCMP. Griffin had put up some of the money and demanded reimbursement from the Rizzutos... So they murdered him and called it a day.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

CabriniGreen wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:47 am Montreal, if you really look at it on the map, was only important for dope coming FROM EUROPE, and going INTO NYC. Like how is coke going to come from Montreal? That's would be the Carribean route....

This is why Chicago is SO important to the cartels, its equidistant from ALL major American cities, as well as having a huge built in clientele base.
Physical distance is not the single determinant of route. Security and ease of distribution, available networks and clientele etc all play large rolls.
You are simply incorrect in your claim that the coke moving through Montreal is only from Europe.
Last edited by SonnyBlackstein on Thu May 10, 2018 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

CabriniGreen wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:40 am The ports wernt the key to Rizutto control, first time I've heard that. If it were true, you could just control the port and take over the mob.
Controlling the movement of cocaine through the port likely dwarfed any and all other LCN activities the Rizzuto family et al were involved in. Their importance cannot be underestimated.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Sonny, I'm not sure what you mean...

Coke doesn't come from Europe, lol? I said Montreal was important when DOPE was coming from Europe...into NY... but forget that...

Its good to see you engage in the discussion... carry on..
Slumpy
Straightened out

Post by Slumpy »

CabriniGreen wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:47 am Montreal, if you really look at it on the map, was only important for dope coming FROM EUROPE, and going INTO NYC. Like how is coke going to come from Montreal? That's would be the Carribean route....

Montreal didn't just import drugs into the US... There is an entire country west of Quebec. Coke was coming into Montreal via shipments sent by the Caruana-Cuntrera clan who had set up a cell in Venezuela to move Colombian coke to Canada. The Caribbean islands are just off the coast of Venezuela. Furthermore, Aruba, the Caribbean island closest to South America, was extremely amenable to mafia interests/money back in the 70's and 80's.
toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by toto »

Some Caruana-Cuntrera people were members of Venezuela mafia family for sure, but they didn't set it up. Probably that will be Salvatore Greco ex-boss of Ciaculli mafia family and others. I don't know if Venezuela family is still exists.