Bonanno's attempted LA takeover / John Roselli

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Re: Bonanno's attempted LA takeover / John Roselli

Post by Angelo Santino »

Costigan wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:11 pm CC, if I remember the book correctly when Brooklier & Sciortino went in, they tapped LT Dragna for acting boss. He told them he would only do it if Fratianno could come in and help him. He was so busy with his his clothing company, etc...of course he went for it. They may have been setting him up all along, LA & Chicago both, and he fell for it, hook line & sinker.
On his book "Vengeance is Mine", I didn't like it near as much as Last Mafioso. One thing I remember about it, when Jimmy was relocated to a different part of the country through witsec he eventually got to know his neighbors & told them who he was. That's funny.
Yes, I recall that. It's odd though because he doesn't detail any longterm relationship with Tom Dragna which would explain why he would propose Fratianno for the job. It's also not everyday someone transfers from one family to another to take an admin position, transfers are incredibly rare as it is, less than 5 examples post 1931.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Chris Christie wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 1:54 pm He trashed LA and just about every member throughout the 1960's. Everyone was a "dead-head" and largely incompetent in his eyes.

I love that term. He wasn't wrong about his descriptions of the LA family post Dragna.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

there was a theory that Anthony spilotoro was trying to form a new family in California , it was alleged that some bonnano members and chir petti in san diego where going to spear head this , this was after frank bompensario had been killed
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo