Genovese Family Administration

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

john g
Prospect

Re: Genovese Family Administration

Post by john g »

Petie red died today
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

is this official?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
john g
Prospect

Post by john g »

Definitely official
MichaelGiovanni
Straightened out

Post by MichaelGiovanni »

john g wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:25 pm Definitely official
Do you have anything to show the rest of us that it is 'definitely official'?
Nice rug ya got here kid...it’d be great for a craps game
yatescj7781
Straightened out

Post by yatescj7781 »

Can anyone say definitively who was the last Official Boss, UnderBoss, and Consig of the Genovese Family was?
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

Messagerio?
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

As far as I’m aware the last know official administration was gigante ( boss ) mangano ( underboss ) and Ida ( consigliere)
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

i believe Danny Leo was at one point looked at as official admin. idk if it was boss but it was admin
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:03 pm i believe Danny Leo was at one point looked at as official admin. idk if it was boss but it was admin
He was on the ruling panel prior to be acting boss before he was indicted. So no.
All roads lead to New York.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

close enough.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

yatescj7781 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:15 am Can anyone say definitively who was the last Official Boss, UnderBoss, and Consig of the Genovese Family was?
Boss - was Chin for a long time before Bellomo became the new boss

Underboss - Mangano

Consigliere - was Ida for a long time before DiChiara
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:36 pm
yatescj7781 wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:15 am Can anyone say definitively who was the last Official Boss, UnderBoss, and Consig of the Genovese Family was?
Boss - was Chin for a long time before Bellomo became the new boss

Underboss - Mangano

Consigliere - was Ida for a long time before DiChiara
was it believed benny eggs stayed UB until death?
and was Ida still holding rank in prison?
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:24 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:03 pm i believe Danny Leo was at one point looked at as official admin. idk if it was boss but it was admin
He was on the ruling panel prior to be acting boss before he was indicted. So no.
I never heard of Leo being Official Boss. But doesn't being on the ruling panel count as being an official administration member??
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Frank wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:00 am
Wiseguy wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:24 pm
I never heard of Leo being Official Boss. But doesn't being on the ruling panel count as being an official administration member??
I bad, the panel was acting too for the incarcerated administration. As long as we are on the subject, I always thought it was it was strange that Leo was never made Official, that we know of, when the Chin died. I always thought at the time that either Leo became official, but LE never found out, or he was acting until Bellomo got out. It looked like Bellomo over the years was being groomed to succeed Gigante. But I can see the reason they would have a panel since most of the leaders just about ready to get out of prison and probably had supervised release time. It's another period of time that could end up with somebody in the future changing what we accept now as the facts.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:51 pm was it believed benny eggs stayed UB until death?
and was Ida still holding rank in prison?
I never saw anything definitive regarding how long they held their ranks after they went to prison. They were simply the last ones that held those ranks, at least until more recently.
Frank wrote: never heard of Leo being Official Boss. But doesn't being on the ruling panel count as being an official administration member??
Official, in the sense we're talking about, means a permanent position unless one dies, steps down, or flips. Not in an acting capacity which, by its nature, is a temporary thing. Ruling panels, including when Leo was on the Genovese ruling panel, also tend to be temporary and often changing or rotating.
Frank wrote:I bad, the panel was acting too for the incarcerated administration. As long as we are on the subject, I always thought it was it was strange that Leo was never made Official, that we know of, when the Chin died. I always thought at the time that either Leo became official, but LE never found out, or he was acting until Bellomo got out. It looked like Bellomo over the years was being groomed to succeed Gigante. But I can see the reason they would have a panel since most of the leaders just about ready to get out of prison and probably had supervised release time. It's another period of time that could end up with somebody in the future changing what we accept now as the facts.
After Chin was convicted and went to prison in 1997, Cirillo (who took over as acting boss) instituted the ruling panel that same year. The assumption at the time was that Gigante would get out, nobody foreseeing he would die in 2005. But the family continued to use the ruling panel (often with one being the acting boss) even after Chin died, as well as after Bellomo was released from prison in late 2008. In fact, in 2009 Bellomo was said to be on a rotating panel along with Mangano, Muscarella, and Dentico. Later, Fiumara was said to be on a 3 man ruling panel before he died in 2010. The panel was probably in use at least until Bellomo took over as official boss.