Gambino Sicilian Faction General Discussion

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Gambino Sicilian Faction General Discussion

Post by felice »

B. wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:07 pm There are two Lorenzo Manninos, also. There is the well-known "Lore" Mannino who is always talked about, then another Lorenzo Mannino. The latter's mugshot (or passport photo...?) frequently gets posted incorrectly as "Lore" Mannino, but the guy's name is also Lorenzo Mannino. Felice, do you know what the connection is or where people dug up the other guy's photo?
I do not understand B., we have Lorenzo Mannino, the Gambino family soldier and his first cousin also named Lorenzo who lived in Brooklyn and who's now back in Italy, he's 72 yo.
Capeci used to post a first pic of Lorenzo Mannino, grey haired a pic, which was wrong, the correct one is the one with black hair on his back.

Lorenzo Mannino has several cousins living in the Usa, a first cousin named Calogero was arrested for heroin trafficking in the 80s, he came back in Italy and was arrested again in 2007.
A cousin named Salvatore once owned a restaurant in Manhattan, around Bowery, Nolita
don-shunter
Straightened out

Post by don-shunter »

Is Lorenzo mannino still a capo or has he been upped to consigliere as has been rumoured by otther posters. Any body have any new information?
the chin 123
On Record

Post by the chin 123 »

B. wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:07 pm There are two Lorenzo Manninos, also. There is the well-known "Lore" Mannino who is always talked about, then another Lorenzo Mannino. The latter's mugshot (or passport photo...?) frequently gets posted incorrectly as "Lore" Mannino, but the guy's name is also Lorenzo Mannino. Felice, do you know what the connection is or where people dug up the other guy's photo?
One of them is frank cali cousin right ?
the chin 123
On Record

Post by the chin 123 »

Or they are all related ? I'm confused haha
MoLarryCurly
Straightened out

Post by MoLarryCurly »

Nothing lorenZos are cousin. The other Lorenzo always mentioned is the Lorenzo that owns il colesseo and cace Sorrento. His brother is Sal mannino who was in sony ciccones crew
You know I could have worked for U P fucking S and made more money then this....
MoLarryCurly
Straightened out

Post by MoLarryCurly »

Sorry I meant both *
You know I could have worked for U P fucking S and made more money then this....
the chin 123
On Record

Post by the chin 123 »

Ohh ok thanks !
jimmyb
Straightened out

Post by jimmyb »

I have some other questions maybe Felice and others can help out with.

According to a report from the Council on Hemispheric Affairs, Giuseppe Spatola (Palermo) is Los Zetas' contact in cosa nostra.

*Is Giuseppe Spatola related to the drug kingpin and Gambino/Inzerillo cousin Rosario Spatola?

*And btw: what happened to Rosario Spatola? Is he still alive? He'd have to be almost 80 by now.

Thanks
JB
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

Rosario is dead

Giuseppe Spatola is dead too, he died three years ago, yes he had good links with colombians and mexicans. Giuseppe did time in the Usa until he was deported. His cousin Salvatore is the who was informing fbi and wanted to kill Giuliani
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

Not related. This Giuseppe Spatola may be related to Salvatore Spatola, Gambino soldier photographated with Sinatra
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

This Gambino Sicilian Fáction incluided Tommaso Buscetta in 60? Because i have a good book about this and has the book here in Brazil of the police officer who investigated this case.
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

he said he was not engaged in any criminal activity in NY but he was actually dealing heroin, that's well know. he was very close to Paolo Gambino and Paul Castellano.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Gambino Sicilian Faction General Discussion

Post by Lupara »

felice wrote:he said he was not engaged in any criminal activity in NY but he was actually dealing heroin, that's well know. he was very close to Paolo Gambino and Paul Castellano.
Seems like Buscetta was close to a lot of guys. I wonder whether there was any jealousy on his boss' part.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Did The Sicilian Pizza Connection actually BEGIN with Buscetta coming here in the mid 1960's? That was my understanding from the Book that I read.
Villain (Chicago poster) said something about some Heroin being brought into the Chicago Heights Crew earlier? Maybe that was on a much smaller scale and the real big Heroin business started after Buscetta came here? Can't beat the Sicilians as far as organization and secrecy. LOL
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Gambino Sicilian Faction General Discussion

Post by Lupara »

Confederate wrote:Did The Sicilian Pizza Connection actually BEGIN with Buscetta coming here in the mid 1960's? That was my understanding from the Book that I read.
Villain (Chicago poster) said something about some Heroin being brought into the Chicago Heights Crew earlier? Maybe that was on a much smaller scale and the real big Heroin business started after Buscetta came here? Can't beat the Sicilians as far as organization and secrecy. LOL
I think it took over from where the French Connection ceased to exist in the early 70s. This cooinceded with Galante's release. From what I understand the so called Pizza Connection was a Bonanno operation in cooperation with Badalamenti and probably the Cuntreras. The Gambinos had their own operation too with the Bontade, Inzerillo and Spatola families. This may have merged into one operation when Galante was killed which would explain why the Gambinos where involved in his murder. Sometime later the Sicilian end was taken over by the Corleonesi.