RUMOR HAS IT

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

bronx
Full Patched

RUMOR HAS IT

Post by bronx »

Petey Red is dead..
Camo
Straightened out

Re: RUMOR HAS IT

Post by Camo »

bronx wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:59 pm Petey Red is dead..
Dichiara? Damn.

Thanks Bronx.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

Camo,yes that is what i heard, lets see if it is on the money
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Wow.

Appreciate the heads up.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

He didn't look too good in the usual pics of him from a decade ago so it's not surprising that he wasn't in good health. Thanks again Bronx, you are always great for this sort of thing.

Wondering what this says about Esposito, Maybe nothing but if Dichiara was sick for a while and this wasn't a sudden thing this definitely brings up questions about Esposito's position.
MichaelGiovanni
Straightened out

Post by MichaelGiovanni »

Wow big news for the west side if this is true. Be interesting to see what Barney does now.
Nice rug ya got here kid...it’d be great for a craps game
the chin 123
On Record

Post by the chin 123 »

Wow now i wonder who will fill his postion
Thanks for the news
don-shunter
Straightened out

Post by don-shunter »

Wow after just talking about the Genovese administration now this happens
Raven
Straightened out

Post by Raven »

Good stuff Bronx
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Camo wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:27 pm He didn't look too good in the usual pics of him from a decade ago so it's not surprising that he wasn't in good health. Thanks again Bronx, you are always great for this sort of thing.

Wondering what this says about Esposito, Maybe nothing but if Dichiara was sick for a while and this wasn't a sudden thing this definitely brings up questions about Esposito's position.
I think if Esposito was a soldier of influence but I suspect the Feds would of went crazy hyping up Esposito as a capo or admin and connection to the Chin etc .

Also it seems Esposito got caught talking over the phone . I can’t remember the extent of it but I recall it was about legal funds for a x- consig . Maybe that was the full extent of it and he gets a pass but I don’t see a Barney run family having any admin member talking anything on the phone . All just guessed in my part tho .
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Any further or confirmation?
the chin 123
On Record

Post by the chin 123 »

Nothing yet...
I'm still waiting for official news...
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Longtime Genovese Wiseguy Who Was Street Boss and Consiglieri Died, Sources Say

By Ed Scarpo Sunday, March 04, 2018

EXCLUSIVE
Longtime Genovese crime family capo Peter (Petey Red) DiChiara, who reputedly was the street boss, or front boss, for Liborio Bellomo, died Friday (March 2), two separate sources confirmed.

DiChiara, who allegedly also was the Genovese crime family's consiglieri, had diabetes and other medical problems associated with the disease.

DiChiara, 75, ran a social club in Lower Manhattan at 73 Market Street, which has been around since the 1990s. Except for the five-year period when DiChiara was serving time for a federal racketeering beef thanks to the associate with the funny Rolex, the club was known to have been a busy place, though the patrons reportedly had grown to ecompass more than members of Petey Red's crew, supposedly a sign of DiChiara's rise in the hierarchy to draw fire away from Bellomo, the official boss. (Bellomo was named to the acting slot in the 1980s by Vincent "Chin" Gigante himself.)

In January 2016, DiChiara, was relaying messages for Bellomo "to and from capos and important family soldiers," as Jerry Capeci reported on Gang Land News.

"The arrangement is similar to one long employed by the cagey Gigante who long fooled the law about his mob role by having Anthony (Fat Tony) Salerno serve as the "upfront" boss for his crime clan, while keeping below the radar himself."

Petey Red's law enforcement problems began in 2002 thanks to Michael (Cookie) Durso, who collected dirt on more than 70 Genovese wiseguys, including Gigante, (who died in a prison hospital on December 19, 2005).

Also nabbed as part of the years-long probe was then-acting boss Dominick "Quiet Dom" Cirillo, Barney Bellomo, Frank (Farby) Serpico and Ernest Muscarella, Rosario (Ross) Gangi, Alan (Baldie) Longo, Sammy (Meatballs) Aparo and DiChiara.

Then identified as a capo, Petey Red faced an array of racketeering charges related to running loansharking gambling, extortion, labor bribery, and a major check cashing racket.

As Gang Land News also reported in 2016, "DiChiara, who has diabetes, hasn't been well. One feared he may have been hospitalized, but that could not be confirmed."

DEVELOPING....
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Looks like bronx was correct.

Question: Do we know when Petey Red was made?
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

the chin 123 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:32 pm Wow now i wonder who will fill his postion
Thanks for the news
Someone we dont expect or know of that well, and we wont know for years lol
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"