Merlino Trial thread

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Cheech
Full Patched

Re: Merlino Trial thread

Post by Cheech »

Mob Talk Radio

@RealMobTalk7
3h3 hours ago
More
Kriesberg admitted to shoplifting 8 times and was arrrested for it

0 replies 0 retweets 2 likes
Reply Retweet Like 2

Mob Talk Radio

@RealMobTalk7
3h3 hours ago
More
Cross examination began right before lunch break and Metlinos Attorney was hammering Keiesberg. Already there are two@different stories when compared to Rubeo’s testimony. Smells like trouble for the govt

Reply Retweet Like 2

Mob Talk Radio

@RealMobTalk7
3h3 hours ago
More
Kriesberg testified this morning that he owned 30 plus companies, and explained how he setup the scheme for the fraud and how the doctors came into play and how people we paid. Not much on Merlino at all.

Reply Retweet Like 2
and like that...he was gone
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

@scottd what are your thoughts on the trial?
monarch
Honorary Member

Post by monarch »

Juror snitches on alleged Philadelphia mob boss 'Skinny Joey' for saying hi to her during Manhattan court break

A Manhattan juror became the latest informant to rat on reputed mob boss “Skinny Joey” Merlino.

The unidentified woman went to federal Judge Richard Sullivan and spilled the beans after Merlino greeted her with a “Hi, Sylvia” near the courthouse elevator.

The exchange came out during a Thursday break in Merlino’s trial on racketeering and conspiracy charges, with Sullivan inquiring about the inappropriate encounter one day earlier.

“Mr. Merlino approached the elevator and spoke to her,” Sullivan said in court. “She turned her head and said nothing in return. She didn’t seem upset.”

The juror, as per Sullivan’s instructions, came directly to the judge and reported the incident — which Merlino, 55, denied.

“Did this in fact happen?” asked Sullivan.

“No, your honor,” replied the reputed head of the Philadelphia crime family.

After a meeting in Sullivan’s chambers, the judge emerged with a summary of what happened.

“Mr. Merlino didn't come up close while she was waiting at the elevator,” said Sullivan. “He acknowledged her. He said, ‘Hi, Sylvia.’

“Her initial reaction was ‘What nerve’ after the instructions I had given about having no contact with jurors.”

Sullivan then advised the chatty gangster take an oath of omerta regarding Sylvia and the rest of the jury.

“You are not to have contact with jurors — no nodding, smiling, whatever,” said the judge. “You are to do nothing to give any evidence of impropriety.”

Merlino greeted the juror after listening to the testimony of Genovese family associate turned government witness John Rubeo.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

JCB1977 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:01 pm Joey’s a twerp...his wife Asian?
No she's Polish ! :mrgreen:
monarch
Honorary Member

Post by monarch »

CatStevens9
Straightened out

Post by CatStevens9 »

monarch wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:18 pm Juror snitches on alleged Philadelphia mob boss 'Skinny Joey' for saying hi to her during Manhattan court break

A Manhattan juror became the latest informant to rat on reputed mob boss “Skinny Joey” Merlino.

The unidentified woman went to federal Judge Richard Sullivan and spilled the beans after Merlino greeted her with a “Hi, Sylvia” near the courthouse elevator.

The exchange came out during a Thursday break in Merlino’s trial on racketeering and conspiracy charges, with Sullivan inquiring about the inappropriate encounter one day earlier.

“Mr. Merlino approached the elevator and spoke to her,” Sullivan said in court. “She turned her head and said nothing in return. She didn’t seem upset.”

The juror, as per Sullivan’s instructions, came directly to the judge and reported the incident — which Merlino, 55, denied.

“Did this in fact happen?” asked Sullivan.

“No, your honor,” replied the reputed head of the Philadelphia crime family.

After a meeting in Sullivan’s chambers, the judge emerged with a summary of what happened.

“Mr. Merlino didn't come up close while she was waiting at the elevator,” said Sullivan. “He acknowledged her. He said, ‘Hi, Sylvia.’

“Her initial reaction was ‘What nerve’ after the instructions I had given about having no contact with jurors.”

Sullivan then advised the chatty gangster take an oath of omerta regarding Sylvia and the rest of the jury.

“You are not to have contact with jurors — no nodding, smiling, whatever,” said the judge. “You are to do nothing to give any evidence of impropriety.”

Merlino greeted the juror after listening to the testimony of Genovese family associate turned government witness John Rubeo.
What an idiot 😩
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

Man,i cant even imagineThe heat thats gonna come down on the philly fam if joey is acquitted
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

Lol, in close corners this happens more often than you'd think. Tough to read what it means,could be a pro-gov juror being she ran to tell the Judge like a snitch or she could be worried someone saw the exchange and wanted to be on the safe side. My guess is Joey wasn't thinking or thought she was friendly and blurted it out and really wishes he hadn't right now.
PHL_Mob
Straightened out

Post by PHL_Mob »

That's a good point. I bet the fellas downtown are actually hoping he doesn't get off cuz there's gonna be a van on every corner and a mic in every plant if he goes free
Kash
Straightened out

Post by Kash »

PHL_Mob wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:57 pm That's a good point. I bet the fellas downtown are actually hoping he doesn't get off cuz there's gonna be a van on every corner and a mic in every plant if he goes free
What if he stays in Florida?
"He killed 16 Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator."

"Really? His house looked like shit."
monarch
Honorary Member

Post by monarch »

NY Post is basically the same story as the NY Daily News

Reputed Philadelphia mob boss Joseph “Skinny Joey” Merlino greeted a juror at his racketeering trial by name outside a Manhattan courtroom — while surrounded by members of his “crew,” the woman revealed Thursday.

The juror — No. 9 — told federal Judge Richard Sullivan that she was waiting for an elevator when Merlino spoke to her following the end of testimony Wednesday, according to an official transcript of their closed-door meeting in the judge’s robing room.

But while many people would have been terrified by the strictly forbidden interaction, the fearless New Yorker said she was merely struck by the brazenness of the reputed gangster.

Asked to describe Merlino’s approach, the juror said, “Not close, but, like, he was on that side, on the opposite side over there, before you get to the exit, and he just said, ‘Hi, Sylvia,’ and I just turned my head, like, ‘Some nerve.’ ”

The juror, whose last name is being withheld by The Post, said she didn’t respond to Merlino — who beat three murder raps in 2001 — but noted he wasn’t alone.

“There was some people. I guess his crew. I’m saying ‘crew’ because I don’t know what else to say, his crew that was all over that side, I guess waiting for somebody to come out or something,” she said.

When Sullivan asked if the incident would affect the juror’s ability to be fair and impartial to the defendant, she said, “No, not at all.”

Back in the courtroom, Sullivan gave a stern tongue-lashing to Merlino, who earlier had denied ever greeting or speaking to the juror.

“Mr. Merlino, you are to have no contact with jurors, even to say, ‘Good morning,’ even to say, ‘Hello.’ Do you understand?” he said.

Merlino — whose wife, Deborah, was startled by a snitch’s testimony Wednesday that the wiseguy had been cheating on her — mumbled something in response, prompting the judge to admonish him again.
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

santos
Straightened out

Post by santos »

his wife looks like a good fuck. Not sure why he needs another.

But were men, I know..I know.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

santos wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:41 am his wife looks like a good fuck. Not sure why he needs another.

But were men, I know..I know.
you kiss your sister with that mouth?
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

I was just on Wayne Kreisberg's Facebook page, he is actually Facebook friends with George Anastasia,Ray Wagner and Steve Martorano (related to Long John Martorano). Not sure how significant that is but thought it was worth mentioning.