Genovese Bust Today 1/10

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

newera_212
Full Patched

Re: Genovese Bust Today 1/10

Post by newera_212 »

thanks for posting those transcripts. when they were talking about "the old timer" i took that to mean Tuzzo, and took the way they were talking about him moving around and how people respected him, and interpreted it as him being more than a capo. again, total speculation on my behalf. by that point in the convo it was hard to tell who they were talking about all together. werent these convos taped IN federici's restarurant too? lmao...

also interesting how Fish's son stayed in the loop . not only that but it seemed he was closer to a lot of heavy hitters, way more than just arms length
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Frank wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:56 pm I'm just speculating,but it appears that from what is currently the info of the administration that Bellomo became Officialboss in 2014. Who ever was his Consigliere was jailed before October 2015. It's possible that person is out of jail now, and current Consigliere. May of been replaced who knows. While I think the Cafairo tapes are very interesting in there own right. I don't believe it has anything to do with the resent Consigliere. It seems like they were talking about the acting boss position or ruling panel positions. That is what was the positions at that time. It does give us some insight of other members at that time that we're highly thought of. And considered and in some cases asked to be on panel or acting boss. Since names were highly thought of the tie to current administration is definitely possible. I think it does indicate that Petey Red didn't hold 2 administration positions, which I never believed was true anyways. Maybe Esposito is currently Consigliere it's very possible.
I'm not sure how you come to those conclusions about the consigliere question. It could have been either Manna or Ida, not necessarily someone more recent. Which, by the way, we have zero information on anyone other than DiChiara being consigliere (as well as street boss).

Note: Dentico was identified as the consigliere in the 2004 New Jersey OC report but that was later shown to be mistaken as he was indicted as a captain in 2005. He had been on the ruling panel however.
All roads lead to New York.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:58 pm
Frank wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:56 pm I'm just speculating,but it appears that from what is currently the info of the administration that Bellomo became Officialboss in 2014. Who ever was his Consigliere was jailed before October 2015. It's possible that person is out of jail now, and current Consigliere. May of been replaced who knows. While I think the Cafairo tapes are very interesting in there own right. I don't believe it has anything to do with the resent Consigliere. It seems like they were talking about the acting boss position or ruling panel positions. That is what was the positions at that time. It does give us some insight of other members at that time that we're highly thought of. And considered and in some cases asked to be on panel or acting boss. Since names were highly thought of the tie to current administration is definitely possible. I think it does indicate that Petey Red didn't hold 2 administration positions, which I never believed was true anyways. Maybe Esposito is currently Consigliere it's very possible.
I'm not sure how you come to those conclusions about the consigliere question. It could have been either Manna or Ida, not necessarily someone more recent. Which, by the way, we have zero information on anyone other than DiChiara being consigliere (as well as street boss).

Note: Dentico was identified as the consigliere in the 2004 New Jersey OC report but that was later shown to be mistaken as he was indicted as a captain in 2005. He had been on the ruling panel however.
Yes you are right it could have been Manna or Ida, but do you think that they still need legal expenses all these years later.??
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

Dentico was someone that came to mind because i thought i had seen him linked with the consig position but i figured it was probably just internet rumour, thanks for pointing out it was somewhere official Wiseguy. Did it actually say anywhere that it was a mistake, or are you just going by him being identified as a Captain later? If so isn't it possible that he was Consig prior to 2005 then by the time he was indicted he had either stepped down or been demoted? Then again i don't think he's got into any legal trouble in at least a decade so it probably wouldn't fit Esposito unless he's been high ranking for quite a lot longer than i had figured.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Dentico was indicted as a Capo twice in 2005. I think the confusion stems from the Genovese family referring to their ruling panel as the administration.

https://www.justice.gov/archive/usao/ny ... apr05.html
As set forth in the indictment and in a detention letter filed by the government today, after Gigante was incarcerated in 1997, the leadership of the Genovese family passed to a committee known as the "administration." CIRILLO and DENTICO were allegedly members of the administration, and in that capacity represented the Genovese family in its dealings with other LCN families. In 2000, DENTICO personally represented the Genovese family at a commission meeting of all five New York families of LCN. In addition, in 2000, CIRILLO empaneled a committee of Genovese family leaders, including DENTICO, BARBATO and previouslyconvicted Genovese family captain Alan Longo, to determine whether to commit murder in the name of the criminal enterprise.

http://www.mafianj.com/denticoindictment.shtml
Defendant LAWRENCE DENTICO, also known as the “Little Guy” and “Little Larry,” was a captain or soldier within the Genovese Crime Family and a member of the Genovese Crime Family Administration. In that capacity, LAWRENCE DENTICO shared ultimate authority concerning the management and supervision of the Genovese Crime Family’s criminal activities, including illegal gambling, loansharking, and extortion.
b.
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Camo wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:24 am Dentico was someone that came to mind because i thought i had seen him linked with the consig position but i figured it was probably just internet rumour, thanks for pointing out it was somewhere official Wiseguy. Did it actually say anywhere that it was a mistake, or are you just going by him being identified as a Captain later? If so isn't it possible that he was Consig prior to 2005 then by the time he was indicted he had either stepped down or been demoted? Then again i don't think he's got into any legal trouble in at least a decade so it probably wouldn't fit Esposito unless he's been high ranking for quite a lot longer than i had figured.
In addition to what Pogo posted above, I tend to to think if Dentico was actually ever consigliere, it would have been reported elsewhere or mentioned by the government in his indictments. But he's only identified as a soldier, captain, and member of the ruling panel at one point.

The 2004 report also called Barbato the family's street boss, although he was also indicted as a captain and we don't see him identified as street boss anywhere else. The New Jersey report does have a lot of good info in it but some things were later shown to be off.
All roads lead to New York.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:11 am Dentico was indicted as a Capo twice in 2005. I think the confusion stems from the Genovese family referring to their ruling panel as the administration.

https://www.justice.gov/archive/usao/ny ... apr05.html
As set forth in the indictment and in a detention letter filed by the government today, after Gigante was incarcerated in 1997, the leadership of the Genovese family passed to a committee known as the "administration." CIRILLO and DENTICO were allegedly members of the administration, and in that capacity represented the Genovese family in its dealings with other LCN families. In 2000, DENTICO personally represented the Genovese family at a commission meeting of all five New York families of LCN. In addition, in 2000, CIRILLO empaneled a committee of Genovese family leaders, including DENTICO, BARBATO and previouslyconvicted Genovese family captain Alan Longo, to determine whether to commit murder in the name of the criminal enterprise.

http://www.mafianj.com/denticoindictment.shtml
Defendant LAWRENCE DENTICO, also known as the “Little Guy” and “Little Larry,” was a captain or soldier within the Genovese Crime Family and a member of the Genovese Crime Family Administration. In that capacity, LAWRENCE DENTICO shared ultimate authority concerning the management and supervision of the Genovese Crime Family’s criminal activities, including illegal gambling, loansharking, and extortion.
b.
That explains it perfectly in the fact that between around 1997 to 2014 they were run by a panel or committee with an acting boss. There was no underboss or consigliere. Right now there is no evidence that changed until Bellomo became Officialboss in around 2014. So this money for a Consigliere would most likely be Manna, Ida or Bellomo's Consigliere, if it isn't Petey Red.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc ... -1.3854028

7F765CF4-8417-4FA3-A725-727BAAFF5508.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:35 am http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/nyc ... -1.3854028

7F765CF4-8417-4FA3-A725-727BAAFF5508.jpeg
They have him down as a high ranking associate
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Hailbritain wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:17 am They have him down as a high ranking associate
I noted that as well. I think they likely are using the term in context referring that he’s ‘associated’ with the Genovese family as opposed to his position within the family as ‘on record/an associate’.

He had a list of made guys which effectively guarantees he himself is at minimum a button.
the chin 123
On Record

Post by the chin 123 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:36 am
Hailbritain wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:17 am They have him down as a high ranking associate
I noted that as well. I think they likely are using the term in context referring that he’s ‘associated’ with the Genovese family as opposed to his position within the family as ‘on record/an associate’.

He had a list of made guys which effectively guarantees he himself is at minimum a button.
Is it common that a soldier make a list ?
I always thought the top guy only does that (boss, ub maybe even capo)
Maybe he is a capo ?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

the chin 123 wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:45 pm

Maybe he is a capo ?
It’s likely he’s a Capo or higher considering he was in possession of a list of either made or proposed guys.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:06 pm

Maybe he is a capo ?
It’s likely he’s a Capo or higher considering he was in possession of a list of either made or proposed guys.
From what I recall reading he had 2 lists one of deceased soldiers all from jersey and another list of living soldiers all from one NJ crew which I'd bet is his crew. He's likely a captain and possibly head of the jersey faction itself.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

johnny_scootch wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:51 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:06 pm

Maybe he is a capo ?
From what I recall reading he had 2 lists one of deceased soldiers all from jersey and another list of living soldiers all from one NJ crew which I'd bet is his crew. He's likely a captain and possibly head of the jersey faction itself.
This is different from what I recall. Where did you read 2 lists?
the chin 123
On Record

Post by the chin 123 »

such a big mistake by the chin son (the list, the guns, and the brass knuckles in an house that the fbi know for more then 20 years)
you would think that he be like his father, well maybe not like him, but more careful then the average mobster,
but i guess the chin was too busy mentoring leo and barney instead of his own son...
(and yeah i know it's probably because he didn't want him involved)