Gangland news 25th jan 2018

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Re: Gangland news 25th jan 2018

Post by Wiseguy »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:27 am
Sam22 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:26 am I have another theory- I think maybe that was Chins money he left behind for his family. That could be money he left behind to take care of his 2nd family and not some genovese slush fund.

Don't think so. The picture of the cash shows it was new bills.

Pogo
Plus the detention memo talked about a conversation overheard about Esposito providing money for an attorney for a former consigliere who is incarcerated. I assume it was Jimmy Ida.
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:14 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:44 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:16 pm Espositio took over Barbato's union but the list was from Jersey and barbato's crew isnt Jersey.
What are your thoughts?

Edit: You dont have Barbato listed as a Capo, do we know who replaced him?

Could be any of a number of explanations for that.
Yes, but I asked for your thoughts and opinions (or the boards). Do you think Esposito took over Barbato's crew? What Jersey crew's could he have taken over: 'Ninny' Bruschi's, Coppola's, Dentico's, DeVita's? (I forgot who runs the fifth)
If by 5 crews you're referring to the ones listed in the 2004 New Jersey OC report, they were the Fiumara, DeVita, Bruschi, Prisco, and Gatto crews.

Coppola took over the Fiumara crew. At least I think he's still the official captain.

The Devita crew is still there and was being run by Anthony Palumbo (as acting captain) before he was indicted. He was also said to be the main intermediary between the Jersey crews and the top leadership in New York.

Some people said Prisco was really Bronx based and just had some oversight out there. Either way, LaScala was running it at least until recently.

I believe the Bruschi crew is still there. Something that always confused me is why Dentico wasn't included among those captains in the report and I've wondered if his and Bruschi's crew were the same.

The Gatto crew is the one you forgot. He died, of course. Nothing official on who took over but a past poster who did have some credibility with me said the crew was broken up and given to other captains. Don't know if that's true or not.
All roads lead to New York.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

SconsinJohnson wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:06 am Image

Fyfe not doing to shabby for himself. 650k - Staten Island
I live in a middle class town in CT, and you'd be the brokeass town weirdo living in that little shoe.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

Rocco wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:03 pm
willychichi wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:09 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:30 am There is nothing to disagree with. The facts are that the mob today is no longer making big money. Joe Defede testified that he only made 1.6 million during his 4 years as Acting Boss. Joe Massiano only had, what, 12 million in assests and cash to his name? And he was a top Boss for 14 years and the Underboss for 10 years before that. Richard Cantarella said he only made about 500K during his mob run and he was a top Capo for 11 years. Even adjusted for inflation that is shit.

To quote the Sopranos the mob today no longer has that Don Corleone money.

Pogo
Pogo isn't Staluppi the wealthiest made guy? Pretty sure I read he is worth $450 million. I'll see if I can find the article that had his net worth in one of those business magazines.
Staluppi I NOT a gangster. He was just a bank when needed for Carmine. Can we even call the guy active? He probably hasn't done anything illegal in 40yrs. He gave away a few cars during the Colombo wars in the early 90s. He also donates cars to charity every yr ? for all purposes Staluppi is legit. And if he is made it is a favor from Carmine for giving money to him or his family when he needed it. The guy is not a gangster.He is legit and I guess we can call him not active forever..lol lets find a guy who is active in illegal rackets and is worth 150mil net and not dead or in jail. find one.
Crazy Eddie Maloney
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Camo wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:47 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:25 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:58 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:22 pm LaScala was once called the "Godfather of New Jersey" by an unidentified cooperating witness.
Appreciate your input Gohn.

What is your source there as Tino and Dentico have had the power the last three decades in NJ until recently. Any more info appreciated.
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/0 ... gambl.html

At one point in a complaint packed with the language of secretly taped conversations, an undercover FBI informant tells authorities LaScala was introduced to him as the "godfather of New Jersey."
That's from 2012 and mentions his Alzheimers. Was your "he devoloped Alzheimers in 2016" a typo? Just wondering because i'm pretty confused haha. Thanks for the link.
Yes, what I mean is that by 2016 his Alzheimer's rendered him a complete invalid. So it wasn't a "Chin-style" ploy. I discovered this in 2016/2017 via social media.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:51 pm
johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:31 pm Sonny maybe I missed it but was there more info about 'the list' released? We know who was on it?

From the memo. Strange that the list would contain members who died so far back. You'd figure they would have been replaced already.

Second, the FBI also found two lists of made members of the Genovese Family hidden in Esposito’s residence. One of those lists consists of certain made members of the Family based in New Jersey who died within the last 20 years, while another list contains certain living members of the Family, all in one crew, and also based in New Jersey. As discussed above, whether or not LCN families can make new members has traditionally been based, in part, on the number of active and deceased members, and is reserved for individuals at the captain level or higher. The maintenance of such lists tracking living and dead members in a particular area are indicative of an individual responsible for making assessments about the induction of individuals into the Family, and thus having a high rank in the Family.
Thank you Pogo. Anyone willing to provide a link to this memo? I'd like to get a look at the names.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

UTC wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:05 pm

I live in a middle class town in CT, and you'd be the brokeass town weirdo living in that little shoe.
UTC you sound like a pretentious asshole from this post, say it ain't so.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:05 am Thank you Pogo. Anyone willing to provide a link to this memo? I'd like to get a look at the names.

Here you go. There are no names listed. Just what I posted.

download/file.php?id=3546
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:07 am

lol, I mean it is in Staten Island what do you expect

In Idaho im sure 650k will get you a mansion
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:07 am

And you sound like a complete brokeass loser.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

Scootch, and if you think saying you live in a middle class town is pretentious, you must be under some newspaper over a grate.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

UTC wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:40 pm Scootch, and if you think saying you live in a middle class town is pretentious, you must be under some newspaper over a grate.
No, Scootch isn’t saying that at all.

He was saying if you shit on somebody who lives in a 650k home, you’re a pretentious asshole.
But he was actually nice about it and asked that that’s not what you meant. By responding with the above, you answered the question.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

So you both have reading comprehension problems. To anyone with an IQ over 80, I was referring to the poor bang for your buck. "Nice" would be asking what I meant, not asking me to prove I'm not an asshole.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Guys, you know the game. Keep it civil in here. Move on and let's discuss the subject of the thread instead of this bickering and name calling. Stay cool.
There you have it, never printed before.
Ozgoz
Straightened out

Post by Ozgoz »

ya'll don't understand UTC's humour. He's bone dry, and close to that....dry bone. He doesn't know me but I've been laughing at his posts for years.
WHHAAT MUUUYDAAAAH???????
Ozgoz
Straightened out

Post by Ozgoz »

Anyway ya'll live in America you don't know you're born with your big land rushes and flag planting.
In London where I live, have a look what £450k gets you ($650). You'll burst out laughing.
WHHAAT MUUUYDAAAAH???????