Gangland news 25th jan 2018

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Gangland news 25th jan 2018

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Correct. The made members are listed first in the indictment. The detention memo also describes him as a "high ranking member". In addition both indictment and memo has the others in the indictment answering to him.

Pogo
Last edited by Pogo The Clown on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

Whoever guessed he is a New Jersey Captain that deals with the Admin for the New Jersey guys i think has made the best assumption. Guess we'll see at trial, hopefully at least.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:00 am “Fyfe and John Fazio were close friends, who lived together for a time on Staten Island, often socialized together, and were close associates of Genovese capo John (Johnny Sausage) Barbato. Sources say Barbato, now 83, was the crime family's point man in the UCFW union scams...”

It would appear that Esposito is now the ‘crime families point man in the UCFW union scams’ and I would therefor suggest has replaced Barbato as acting or official Capo of his crew.

Barbato being 83, previously his union, not being mentioned in this indictment and Esposito being mentioned as a high ranking member and now controlling UFCW.
Does anyone know where Barbato's crew is based?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:55 pm Does anyone know where Barbato's crew is based?

Brooklyn and Staten Island. Maybe other areas as well.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:09 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:55 pm Does anyone know where Barbato's crew is based?

Brooklyn and Staten Island. Maybe other areas as well.
Cheers Pogo.

Espositio took over Barbato's union but the list was from Jersey and barbato's crew isnt Jersey.
What are your thoughts?

Edit: You dont have Barbato listed as a Capo, do we know who replaced him?
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:16 pm
Espositio took over Barbato's union but the list was from Jersey and barbato's crew isnt Jersey.
Sonny maybe I missed it but was there more info about 'the list' released? We know who was on it?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:16 pm Espositio took over Barbato's union but the list was from Jersey and barbato's crew isnt Jersey.
What are your thoughts?

Could be any of a number of explanations for that. Interesting Barbato did have interests in a Jersey Union during the 80s before he was a Capo.

As for being Capo an article some years back had him as a Soldier. Nothing else has come out on him for several years now so who knows.

Pogo
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:31 pm Sonny maybe I missed it but was there more info about 'the list' released? We know who was on it?

From the memo. Strange that the list would contain members who died so far back. You'd figure they would have been replaced already.

Second, the FBI also found two lists of made members of the Genovese Family hidden in Esposito’s residence. One of those lists consists of certain made members of the Family based in New Jersey who died within the last 20 years, while another list contains certain living members of the Family, all in one crew, and also based in New Jersey. As discussed above, whether or not LCN families can make new members has traditionally been based, in part, on the number of active and deceased members, and is reserved for individuals at the captain level or higher. The maintenance of such lists tracking living and dead members in a particular area are indicative of an individual responsible for making assessments about the induction of individuals into the Family, and thus having a high rank in the Family.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:44 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:16 pm Espositio took over Barbato's union but the list was from Jersey and barbato's crew isnt Jersey.
What are your thoughts?

Could be any of a number of explanations for that.
Yes, but I asked for your thoughts and opinions (or the boards). Do you think Esposito took over Barbato's crew? What Jersey crew's could he have taken over: 'Ninny' Bruschi's, Coppola's, Dentico's, DeVita's? (I forgot who runs the fifth)
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:14 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:44 pm
What are your thoughts?

Could be any of a number of explanations for that.
Yes, but I asked for your thoughts and opinions (or the boards). Do you think Esposito took over Barbato's crew? What Jersey crew's could he have taken over: 'Ninny' Bruschi's, Coppola's, Dentico's, DeVita's? (I forgot who runs the fifth)
He could have taken over Pepe LaScala's crew, he developed Alzheimers in 2016 and had a criminal case dropped against him because of it. LaScala was once called the "Godfather of New Jersey" by an unidentified cooperating witness.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

gohnjotti wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:22 pm LaScala was once called the "Godfather of New Jersey" by an unidentified cooperating witness.
Appreciate your input Gohn.

What is your source there as Tino and Dentico have had the power the last three decades in NJ until recently. Any more info appreciated.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:58 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:22 pm LaScala was once called the "Godfather of New Jersey" by an unidentified cooperating witness.

What is your source there as Tino and Dentico have had the power the last three decades in NJ until recently. Any more info appreciated.
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/0 ... gambl.html

At one point in a complaint packed with the language of secretly taped conversations, an undercover FBI informant tells authorities LaScala was introduced to him as the "godfather of New Jersey."
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

gohnjotti wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:25 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:58 pm

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2012/0 ... gambl.html

At one point in a complaint packed with the language of secretly taped conversations, an undercover FBI informant tells authorities LaScala was introduced to him as the "godfather of New Jersey."
That's from 2012 and mentions his Alzheimers. Was your "he devoloped Alzheimers in 2016" a typo? Just wondering because i'm pretty confused haha. Thanks for the link.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:34 am
Villain wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:53 am They seized 3.8 mil in his home and everyone says the mob is on the downfall :lol:

That is really not all that much in NYC. Hell the average cost of a house in Manhattan is over 2 million dollars.

Pogo
None of them buy houses in Manhattan anyway.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:30 am There is nothing to disagree with. The facts are that the mob today is no longer making big money. Joe Defede testified that he only made 1.6 million during his 4 years as Acting Boss. Joe Massiano only had, what, 12 million in assests and cash to his name? And he was a top Boss for 14 years and the Underboss for 10 years before that. Richard Cantarella said he only made about 500K during his mob run and he was a top Capo for 11 years. Even adjusted for inflation that is shit.

To quote the Sopranos the mob today no longer has that Don Corleone money.

Pogo
You're right, of course, their income is certainly not what it was. But all of them would understate it anyway for various reasons.