Gangland news 25th jan 2018

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Frank
Full Patched

Re: Gangland news 25th jan 2018

Post by Frank »

Snakes wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:13 pm DiFronzo is nowhere near a billion. I'd say at the most he has an 8 figure net worth because he has tons of legitimate holdings; real estate, restaurants, car dealerships, his construction company, plus whatever illegitimate monies he has squirreled away from the old days.

I think it's a pointless argument though, and there is little to be gained bickering back about networths for criminals.
Yes it is hard to get proof of a mobsters net worth, with hidden illegal money.Anf of course how many mobsters over spend and gamble their money away. Addriacchi seems financially successful, for current living members.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:32 pm
Frank wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:20 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:46 am
Rocco wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:56 am My argument with Staluppi is that the guy isn't even a Racketeer. He is not an active LCN member engaged in illegal rackets which would make him a Racketeer or gangster or whatever the fuck u want to call it.
I agree.

He'd be insane to do anything illegal. He's got the money, why does he need to do anything that could put him inside. I highly doubt he's been active this century.

But then again you have Peter Limone in Boston who was worth 20mil, he was active UB (IIRC) and that UB from Detroit who sold his health care biz for 100mil and he was in the admin. So who knows with these guys. Some just love the power and being a gangster.
Great post, Anthony LaPiano current Detroit Underboss. Cut his mob teeth originally in Chicago. Learned his craft from Jack Tocco, John DiFronzo, Carlisi and Ferriola
Do any of the Cicago experts know how/why Tony LaPiana ended up in Detroit as opposed to staying in Chicago?
I'm far from being an expert but I have an answer for you. LaPiana relocated to Detroit in 1974 after marriage to Detroit Capo Vince Meli's daughter.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

Frank wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:43 pm
SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:32 pm
Frank wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:20 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:46 am
Rocco wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:56 am My argument with Staluppi is that the guy isn't even a Racketeer. He is not an active LCN member engaged in illegal rackets which would make him a Racketeer or gangster or whatever the fuck u want to call it.
I agree.

He'd be insane to do anything illegal. He's got the money, why does he need to do anything that could put him inside. I highly doubt he's been active this century.

But then again you have Peter Limone in Boston who was worth 20mil, he was active UB (IIRC) and that UB from Detroit who sold his health care biz for 100mil and he was in the admin. So who knows with these guys. Some just love the power and being a gangster.
Great post, Anthony LaPiano current Detroit Underboss. Cut his mob teeth originally in Chicago. Learned his craft from Jack Tocco, John DiFronzo, Carlisi and Ferriola
Do any of the Cicago experts know how/why Tony LaPiana ended up in Detroit as opposed to staying in Chicago?
I'm far from being an expert but I have an answer for you. LaPiana relocated to Detroit in 1974 after marriage to Detroit Capo Vince Meli's daughter.
That is a good reason. LOL. Thanks, SP
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
don-shunter
Straightened out

Post by don-shunter »

How can anybody know how much a gangster is worth? Even law enforcement can't put an accurate amount on some of these guys. I remember that magazine that had Tony Salerno as number one on a list of 100 wealthiest gangsters as if these guys file tax returns lol. The wealthiest gangsters are the ones with big businesses like construction and trucking etc and they have had a hold on these businesses for decades.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Exactly. All we can say is that the mob in general doesn't net nearly as much as it used to. It doesn't mean guys are "broke," though. Wealth is all relative anyway.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:57 am
Ivan wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:42 am The purpose of being a mobster isn't to get rich; the purpose of being mobster is to live a comfortable "American dream" type middle-class lifestyle without having to go to school and hold down a 9-to-5 job.

If I knew being made was this hard I would've gotten a job at Dennys.

Pogo
lol
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

don-shunter wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:31 pm How can anybody know how much a gangster is worth? Even law enforcement can't put an accurate amount on some of these guys. I remember that magazine that had Tony Salerno as number one on a list of 100 wealthiest gangsters as if these guys file tax returns lol. The wealthiest gangsters are the ones with big businesses like construction and trucking etc and they have had a hold on these businesses for decades.
You really can only put a net worth on these guys thru their legit businesses....well the guys that have legit profitable businesses..lol Not the ones that are fronts and run into the ground eventually.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Rocco wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:18 pm
don-shunter wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:31 pm How can anybody know how much a gangster is worth? Even law enforcement can't put an accurate amount on some of these guys. I remember that magazine that had Tony Salerno as number one on a list of 100 wealthiest gangsters as if these guys file tax returns lol. The wealthiest gangsters are the ones with big businesses like construction and trucking etc and they have had a hold on these businesses for decades.
You really can only put a net worth on these guys thru their legit businesses....well the guys that have legit profitable businesses..lol Not the ones that are fronts and run into the ground eventually. Its hard with real estate. Because most guys that are active in illegal rackets tend not to put things in their names to avoid the GOV taking it.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:27 am
Sam22 wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:26 am I have another theory- I think maybe that was Chins money he left behind for his family. That could be money he left behind to take care of his 2nd family and not some genovese slush fund.

Don't think so. The picture of the cash shows it was new bills.

Pogo
lol I think what Chin left behind for his relatives was high paying Union jobs. That's been pretty clear. Im sure he had real estate in relatives names etc
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

moneyman wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:32 am It's weird that prosecutors did not provide evidence that Esposito is a made. Especially if they are trying to prove he is a danger to the community and not let him post bail. I guess the brass knuckles and cash is all the prosecution needs.
He had a list of made guys in his house. Isn't that enough evidence to prove he is made?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:25 pm
moneyman wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:32 am It's weird that prosecutors did not provide evidence that Esposito is a made. Especially if they are trying to prove he is a danger to the community and not let him post bail. I guess the brass knuckles and cash is all the prosecution needs.
He had a list of made guys in his house. Isn't that enough evidence to prove he is made?
1000%

There is ZERO chance he would have that list as an associate.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

From the way it is described it sounds like the list is from a making ceremony. Since names of dead members are included it is the only thing it could be.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

johnny_scootch wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:25 pm
There's no question about whether he is made. The question is how high a rank he is.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Pogo said the indictment did name him as a member.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

Snakes wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:34 pm Pogo said the indictment did name him as a member.
Just skimmed it, unless i missed it it doesn't specifically identify him as a member think he's referring to this: "At all times relevant to this indictment, VINCENT ESPOSITO, STEVEN ARENA, FRANK GIOVINCO, FRANK COGNETTA and VINCENT D'ACUNTO JR., the defendants, and others known and unknown, were members and associates of the Genovese Crime Family"

With the placements of the names and with Arena and Giovinco being confirmed members i believe he's assuming that means Esposito is being referred to as a member too since he's first. That's most likely a correct reading as it's worded the same way later in the indictment. I've barely read any of these things so it may always be worded like that, just wanted to clarify that it doesn't say Vincent Esposito a member anywhere it refers to them all together as "members and associates". If i missed it correct me obviously as i only skimmed through looking out for Esposito's name.