Gangland news 25th jan 2018

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Rocco
Full Patched

Re: Gangland news 25th jan 2018

Post by Rocco »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:32 am
Rocco wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:00 am lets find a guy who is active in illegal rackets and is worth 150mil net and not dead or in jail. find one.
Rocco wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:03 pm Is this guy even a gangster or active? Prob not or he would be in jail right?
You first say to find a gangster 'not in jail' and then you argue that the guys not 'even a gangster....prob not or he would be in jail'.

So you want a gangster not in jail, but if they're not in jail, they're not a gangster.
Makes zero sense.
Simmer down. My argument with Staluppi is that the guy isn't even a Racketeer. He is not an active LCN member engaged in illegal rackets which would make him a Racketeer or gangster or whatever the fuck u want to call it. The only thing they ever picked up on the guy is that he gave cars and money for the war in the early 90s. That's it. Nothing since. He is just a legit guy who give money to Carmine's guys when asked too. And we don't even know if he does that anymore. I just always thought there was allot of hype about that guy for nothing. He's legit and has been for many decades. He probably doesn't want anything to do with the Colombo Family because it would jeopardize his legit empire. Who would if you got that much money?
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

SconsinJohnson wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:06 am Image

Fyfe not doing to shabby for himself. 650k - Staten Island
$650k in Staten Island you are doing ok. $650k in Brooklyn you are poor as fuck. $650k in North Jersey you are middle class.... $650k in South Jersey you are upper middle class. $650k in Delaware you are Rich ! :mrgreen:
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:50 pm As far as money goes, I've said many times that most mob guys appear to be more or less middle class.
I've said it on here before, but people who talk about mobsters "getting rich" are missing the point.

The purpose of being a mobster isn't to get rich; the purpose of being mobster is to live a comfortable "American dream" type middle-class lifestyle without having to go to school and hold down a 9-to-5 job.

You can get honest-to-god rich by being a mobster, but that isn't the main draw.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Rocco wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:56 am My argument with Staluppi is that the guy isn't even a Racketeer. He is not an active LCN member engaged in illegal rackets which would make him a Racketeer or gangster or whatever the fuck u want to call it.
I agree.

He'd be insane to do anything illegal. He's got the money, why does he need to do anything that could put him inside. I highly doubt he's been active this century.

But then again you have Peter Limone in Boston who was worth 20mil, he was active UB (IIRC) and that UB from Detroit who sold his health care biz for 100mil and he was in the admin. So who knows with these guys. Some just love the power and being a gangster.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Ivan wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:42 am
Wiseguy wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:50 pm As far as money goes, I've said many times that most mob guys appear to be more or less middle class.
I've said it on here before, but people who talk about mobsters "getting rich" are missing the point.

The purpose of being a mobster isn't to get rich; the purpose of being mobster is to live a comfortable "American dream" type middle-class lifestyle without having to go to school and hold down a 9-to-5 job.

You can get honest-to-god rich by being a mobster, but that isn't the main draw.
Good post.

The draw of being a gangster is the EASY money. Not necessarily the big money. Plus the power and 'respect', are the draws.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Ivan wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:42 am The purpose of being a mobster isn't to get rich; the purpose of being mobster is to live a comfortable "American dream" type middle-class lifestyle without having to go to school and hold down a 9-to-5 job.

If I knew being made was this hard I would've gotten a job at Dennys.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:49 am
Ivan wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:42 am

Good post.

The draw of being a gangster is the EASY money. Not necessarily the big money. Plus the power and 'respect', are the draws.
I read somewhere that the most precise definition of "mobster" is "a man who is willing to kill so he can avoid having to go to work". :mrgreen:
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:57 am
Ivan wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:42 am The purpose of being a mobster isn't to get rich; the purpose of being mobster is to live a comfortable "American dream" type middle-class lifestyle without having to go to school and hold down a 9-to-5 job.

If I knew being made was this hard I would've gotten a job at Dennys.

Pogo
Moltisanti
and like that...he was gone
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

no one surprised Capeci got a nickname wrong?
and like that...he was gone
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Frank wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:46 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:05 pm
Frank wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:22 pm I don't have any numbers, but isn't Barney Bellomo supposed to have alot of money.
He reportedly owns a lot of real estate and has had interests in several companies. No doubt a millionaire.
Yes Barney must of had alot of brain going on, with the Chin and Salerno basically picking him to manage the family years ago. I would imagine in the U.S. mafia he currently could be considered one of the more successful moneywise now around. I would imagine John DiFronzo would have some pretty good money. Read were he was worth a couple of billion. But heard that was over exaggerated. But you never know,was around a long time, and invested in legal businesses.
Ridicously exaggerated. DiFronzo is worth nowhere near a billion. Also a millionaire, to be sure, but so many of these money figures we see for OC guys are absolute horseshit.
All roads lead to New York.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

Who is James Palladino?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

DiFronzo is nowhere near a billion. I'd say at the most he has an 8 figure net worth because he has tons of legitimate holdings; real estate, restaurants, car dealerships, his construction company, plus whatever illegitimate monies he has squirreled away from the old days.

I think it's a pointless argument though, and there is little to be gained bickering back about networths for criminals.
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

Tony Salerno supposedly had big $.
He had the Harlem policy $ among
other things for many years.
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:46 am
Rocco wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:56 am My argument with Staluppi is that the guy isn't even a Racketeer. He is not an active LCN member engaged in illegal rackets which would make him a Racketeer or gangster or whatever the fuck u want to call it.
I agree.

He'd be insane to do anything illegal. He's got the money, why does he need to do anything that could put him inside. I highly doubt he's been active this century.

But then again you have Peter Limone in Boston who was worth 20mil, he was active UB (IIRC) and that UB from Detroit who sold his health care biz for 100mil and he was in the admin. So who knows with these guys. Some just love the power and being a gangster.
Great post, Anthony LaPiano current Detroit Underboss. Cut his mob teeth originally in Chicago. Learned his craft from Jack Tocco, John DiFronzo, Carlisi and Ferriola
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

Frank wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:20 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 11:46 am
I agree.

Great post, Anthony LaPiano current Detroit Underboss. Cut his mob teeth originally in Chicago. Learned his craft from Jack Tocco, John DiFronzo, Carlisi and Ferriola
Do any of the Cicago experts know how/why Tony LaPiana ended up in Detroit as opposed to staying in Chicago?
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'