Gangland news 25th jan 2018

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NYNighthawk
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Gangland news 25th jan 2018

Post by NYNighthawk »

Never mind Crea, Jr. - the father is in his mid-70's and never did any substantial time. I think both should think about flipping and keeping their personal families together in WITSEC.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

moneyman wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:32 am It's weird that prosecutors did not provide evidence that Esposito is a made. Especially if they are trying to prove he is a danger to the community and not let him post bail. I guess the brass knuckles and cash is all the prosecution needs.
Maybe he’s not ?

Thanks for posting hailbritian
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

How does Fyfe get handed that 300K job running the union, and not know
that a 10k per year kickback is part of the scheme? His entire family is
in the same racket. WTF? Me, I'd hand my cousin 10k each year without
thinking twice about it. That would only drop the salary to $290K per year.
Something does not seem kosher here. Maybe some other info/beefs with
Fyfe & Vincent Esposito are not apparent at this time.
Also, after this Fyfe guy puts many family/Family members in prison, will Fyfe be one of those
rats that ends up living back in the NYC Metro area without being killed?
Any predictions?
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Villain wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:53 am They seized 3.8 mil in his home and everyone says the mob is on the downfall :lol:

That is really not all that much in NYC. Hell the average cost of a house in Manhattan is over 2 million dollars.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:34 am
Villain wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:53 am They seized 3.8 mil in his home and everyone says the mob is on the downfall :lol:

That is really not all that much in NYC. Hell the average cost of a house in Manhattan is over 2 million dollars.
And who’s to say that was the whole stash?

He could have millions stashed in multiple locations.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

for sure Sonny
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

I thought that the prosecutors also said that a knife, some brass knuckles, a gun and $3.8 million were found in his house...or am i missing something?!
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Yeah he could but it is doubtful that it is much more. In the grand scheme the mob today is not taking in the big bucks anymore.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:15 am Yeah he could but it is doubtful that it is much more. In the grand scheme the mob today is not taking in the big bucks anymore.
Disagree.

There's no rule with wiseguys. Some are rich, some are poor. Who's to say which side of the coin Esposito is on?

Who's to say Chin didnt have 5 mil on the streets in 1980 and left it to him?

The point is that we really have no idea. It could be the whole stash, it could be one of many.
Who knows.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:46 am
Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:15 am Yeah he could but it is doubtful that it is much more. In the grand scheme the mob today is not taking in the big bucks anymore.
Disagree.

There's no rule with wiseguys. Some are rich, some are poor. Who's to say which side of the coin Esposito is on?

Who's to say Chin didnt have 5 mil on the streets in 1980 and left it to him?

The point is that we really have no idea. It could be the whole stash, it could be one of many.
Who knows.
I'm with Sonny, there are a lot of made guys that are absolutely LOADED and us on the forums don't even know what rackets/crews they're involved in.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

There is nothing to disagree with. The facts are that the mob today is no longer making big money. Joe Defede testified that he only made 1.6 million during his 4 years as Acting Boss. Joe Massiano only had, what, 12 million in assests and cash to his name? And he was a top Boss for 14 years and the Underboss for 10 years before that. Richard Cantarella said he only made about 500K during his mob run and he was a top Capo for 11 years. Even adjusted for inflation that is shit.

To quote the Sopranos the mob today no longer has that Don Corleone money.

Pogo
Last edited by Pogo The Clown on Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

Stroccos wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:15 am
moneyman wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:32 am It's weird that prosecutors did not provide evidence that Esposito is a made. Especially if they are trying to prove he is a danger to the community and not let him post bail. I guess the brass knuckles and cash is all the prosecution needs.
Maybe he’s not ?

Thanks for posting hailbritian
He's listed as made on Pogo's charts. Hopefully we'll find out more info on him if he goes to trial.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

They indict plenty of guys without naming a specific position. As long as they have evidence that they are part of the enterprise (made or not) they'll go through with the charges. Providing info on positions in the indictment certainly helps them prove standing but it's not something that is a necessity.
Manf
Straightened out

Post by Manf »

There's zero chance that Cantarella only made 500k. He paid more then that back to the government after he flipped.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Rocco1313 wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:44 am There's zero chance that Cantarella only made 500k. He paid more then that back to the government after he flipped.

Correction. He had 500K in assets in 2002 after paying off the G about 3 million. So extrapolating from that it is still shit. :mrgreen:

Pogo
Last edited by Pogo The Clown on Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.