Genovese Bust Today 1/10

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Cheech
Full Patched

Re: Genovese Bust Today 1/10

Post by Cheech »

B. wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:14 pm
Cheech wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:55 pm
B. wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:47 pm The photocopy included two lists. The short Bonanno list was also found so they included it in the government exhibit.

To whoever said Esposito can't have rank because he was meeting with associates -- his father, supposedly the most "secretive" boss, met directly with associates as well, including turncoat Peter Savino. Many other associates have had access to high-ranking members in that family, just a few examples: Angelo Ponte, Tommy Cafaro (even after his father flipped), Carmine Franco and Cookie D'Urso. It could be argued that some associates have had more access to the family administration than many made members, depending on their role.
Watts. Very close to JG
For sure. Just about every boss going back to the earliest known mafia bosses in the US interacted with associates. Look at the Morello/Lupo counterfeiting case. I'm sure Christie or someone could give us other examples in the early US and Sicily.
Hugh McIntosh. A ton. Earners typically. Good post B
Doobeez
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Doobeez »

B. wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:47 pm The photocopy included two lists. The short Bonanno list was also found so they included it in the government exhibit.

To whoever said Esposito can't have rank because he was meeting with associates -- his father, supposedly the most "secretive" boss, met directly with associates as well, including turncoat Peter Savino. Many other associates have had access to high-ranking members in that family, just a few examples: Angelo Ponte, Tommy Cafaro (even after his father flipped), Carmine Franco and Cookie D'Urso. It could be argued that some associates have had more access to the family administration than many made members, depending on their role.
Watts. Very close to JG
Mark Reiter and Zef Mustaffa in the same conversation?
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

B. wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:14 pm Just about every boss going back to the earliest known mafia bosses in the US interacted with associates.
You're right every mafioso has associates even the bosses from Frankie Flowers to Frank Sheeran to Moshe Rockman the list goes on and on.
Niagarafalls
Straightened out

Post by Niagarafalls »

Is Zef Mustaffa still active? I remember reading that he was heavily feared back in the day. Very close to Frank Locasio and Tore.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Doobeez wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:53 pm

Watts. Very close to JG
Mark Reiter and Zef Mustaffa in the same conversation?
Neither had the standing Watts did IMO
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Vinnie Teresea is a good example of a associate that was close o admins and knew a lot of intrtworkings.

also, chins own doenfall was from savino.
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
the chin 123
On Record

Post by the chin 123 »

And of course Meyer lansky and bugsy and joe watts are all another good examples as associates to the top guys
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

speaking of associates being direct, i think the very house in question here was offloaded to Chin's mistress by a Chin associate (morris levy?) at a very 'favorable' price. i saw someone post $12 million value here. that seems a little low; townhouses in that area can go for about $20mill or more right now
SILENT PARTNERZ
Full Patched

Post by SILENT PARTNERZ »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:29 pm
B. wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:14 pm Just about every boss going back to the earliest known mafia bosses in the US interacted with associates.
You're right every mafioso has associates even the bosses from Frankie Flowers to Frank Sheeran to Moshe Rockman the list goes on and on.
Allen Hilf & Jackie Giacalone
All the non-Italian guys in ChiTown
'three can keep a secret, if two are dead'
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:22 pm That townhouse is one sweet piece of uptown real estate.
We often talk about how we will find out 'this or that' when an indictment
comes down. Hopefully we will now learn some interesting facts about the
most secretive family.
I do not recall ever reading about Chin's son being Esposito being a made member,
much less a captain. Makes sense though.
Vincent has been made for some time. Before his father died. I recall having discussions on the boards about how interesting it was that the chin didn't want his son Andrew made and told gotti sr he was sorry to hear it when he told chin he made gotti jr but then ended up having his own son made. Also if you read Chins daughters book she talked about how he would make comments like this life dies with him as in he didn't want his sons in the life. Who knows what caused his reversal on the matter
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

hello Pete, is it sure he was made when chin was alive?
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

bronx wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:56 pm hello Pete, is it sure he was made when chin was alive?
I could have sworn that was the case. Maybe someone else could confirm?
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Pete wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:58 pm
bronx wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:56 pm hello Pete, is it sure he was made when chin was alive?
I could have sworn that was the case. Maybe someone else could confirm?
I recall the same. I believe, and may be wrong, that it was PB on GBB, years ago.
He stated because he was his mistresses kid, and the kid wanted the life he felt he owed it. Something along those lines.

Good enough for me. And, as it turns out, he was right.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

anyone surprise Rita would throw that out there [curveballs for future purposes]
hell,,,maybe she didnt know,just as victoria said on that dateline special bout jr.////she nor her mom knew
I been taught to listen to what's not said
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

It has been public knowledge for many years that Esposito was made. Pretty sure it was while Gigante was still alive. If my memoriy is correct he was made during the mid 90s.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.