Mikey Mancuso running Bonannos from prison.

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Cheech
Full Patched

Re: Mikey Mancuso running Bonannos from prison.

Post by Cheech »

B. wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:15 pm This discussion comes up so much I feel like we need a basic Q & A to link to. There is plenty of evidence of caps in NYC and we have a general idea of the sizes, though some of the info is conflicting. Pussy Russo was recorded in the 1960s referencing 300 as the Genovese cap, among other examples.

There was that story about Gotti asking Chin about all of the empty spots they hadn't replaced, where Chin basically told him to mind his own business, so if that's true it's an indication that different families keep tabs on each others' sizes.
Was that in the wire tap gotti book? He says something lime whatya gonna do? Make 60 guys at a wedding?
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Doobeez
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Doobeez »

I think Bull's mentioned it in his book, Ciccio..the same meeting I believe where Gotti mentions he was gonna make John, jr and Chin wasn't impressed and even chastised the decision.
Doobeez
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Doobeez »

Doobeez wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:21 pm I think that conversation was detailed in Sammy Bull's book, Ciccio. It was in the same meeting Gotti mentions he was gonna make John, jr and Chin wasn't impressed and even chastised the decision.
^edited... :oops:
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Doobeez wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:23 pm
Doobeez wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:21 pm I think that conversation was detailed in Sammy Bull's book, Ciccio. It was in the same meeting Gotti mentions he was gonna make John, jr and Chin wasn't impressed and even chastised the decision.
Didn’t two of Gigantes sons get made, including the recently indicted Esposito? Sounds a bit hypocritical from the Chin.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

gohnjotti wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:09 pm
Didn’t two of Gigantes sons get made, including the recently indicted Esposito? Sounds a bit hypocritical from the Chin.
i dont think his son andrew was ever made, but maybe the other sons that did "didnt count" since they came from his side girl and not his first/real wife? lol
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Maybe Esposito was made after gigante died in 2005
Doobeez
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Doobeez »

They're called "out children" where I'm from, lol, which is probably the case newera describes with these Gigante offsprings..
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

My understanding is only Esposito is made
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

He's a hot head just like his Father. ;)
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:40 pm
B. wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:15 pm This discussion comes up so much I feel like we need a basic Q & A to link to. There is plenty of evidence of caps in NYC and we have a general idea of the sizes, though some of the info is conflicting. Pussy Russo was recorded in the 1960s referencing 300 as the Genovese cap, among other examples.

There was that story about Gotti asking Chin about all of the empty spots they hadn't replaced, where Chin basically told him to mind his own business, so if that's true it's an indication that different families keep tabs on each others' sizes.
Agreed. Mikey Scars also testified about it in Junior Gotti's 2006 trial -

"Every family has a ceiling on how far their family could grow. When you get to your number, you have to wait for somebody to die to replace that number."

I think what HK is questioning is whether there was a membership limit closer to the beginning. Capeci, who said it started with Luciano and the Commission, isn't exactly known for just making things up out of thin air or presenting his assumptions as fact. And the membership limits in the D'Arco book are quite different from the ones Capeci put in his earlier book. In fact, they were relatively low compared to past figures and, regardless of what one thinks about the figures themselves, that leads me to believe it was new info coming from D'Arco.

It also stands to reason that the five families would put a cap on membership early on. Otherwise, what was to stop an arms race, so to speak, of families making as many members as possible?
To double down on that Ed Scarpo interviewed Mikie Scars for his recent article on the Genovese family bust and in reference to the list found in Espositos home he goes on to say

As for the list, DiLeonardo said that "every family has a list of their own family and everyone else's." He said it's possible the feds got their hands on what could amount to a literal directory -- a phonebook of every made Mafia member in New York (and possibly beyond).

"That would be really stupid if he had that list there," DiLeonardo said.

A source connected to law enforcement told Cosa Nostra News. "I can see the government subpoenaing all those guys. They're going to target every person on that list." The list could contain the 450 made guys (in the Genovese crime family) throughout the country, the source said.

http://cosanostranews.com/
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

The quotes and sources in that piece sound made up.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:44 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:40 pm

Agreed. Mikey Scars also testified about it in Junior Gotti's 2006 trial -

"Every family has a ceiling on how far their family could grow. When you get to your number, you have to wait for somebody to die to replace that number."

I think what HK is questioning is whether there was a membership limit closer to the beginning. Capeci, who said it started with Luciano and the Commission, isn't exactly known for just making things up out of thin air or presenting his assumptions as fact. And the membership limits in the D'Arco book are quite different from the ones Capeci put in his earlier book. In fact, they were relatively low compared to past figures and, regardless of what one thinks about the figures themselves, that leads me to believe it was new info coming from D'Arco.

It also stands to reason that the five families would put a cap on membership early on. Otherwise, what was to stop an arms race, so to speak, of families making as many members as possible?
To double down on that Ed Scarpo interviewed Mikie Scars for his recent article on the Genovese family bust and in reference to the list found in Espositos home he goes on to say

As for the list, DiLeonardo said that "every family has a list of their own family and everyone else's." He said it's possible the feds got their hands on what could amount to a literal directory -- a phonebook of every made Mafia member in New York (and possibly beyond).

"That would be really stupid if he had that list there," DiLeonardo said.

A source connected to law enforcement told Cosa Nostra News. "I can see the government subpoenaing all those guys. They're going to target every person on that list." The list could contain the 450 made guys (in the Genovese crime family) throughout the country, the source said.

http://cosanostranews.com/
450 made guys in the Genovese family? Maybe if this were 75 years ago.
All roads lead to New York.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Yeah I really don’t understand these guys. His target audience is Mafia afficanados, I mean who else is visiting a website named ‘cosanostranews’? And he comes out with garbage like that. That’s not a little wrong that’s fucking 100%, double the size, not even ball park, wrong.
Either lazy or stupid.

But either way, Credibility, gone.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:31 pm Yeah I really don’t understand these guys. His target audience is Mafia afficanados, I mean who else is visiting a website named ‘cosanostranews’? And he comes out with garbage like that.

Credibility, gone.
I always remember when he wrote an article titled "Here's What's Wrong with Mafia-related Journalism." I think back to that article every time he posts something ridiculous, like the detailed chart of the Buffalo crime family's 2017 hierarchy. Buddy - you're what's wrong with Mafia-related journalism.
He claimed an anonymous source provided the information on the chart. Wikipedia was of course updated the day of the article to contain Scarpo's dumb, unfounded chart, and everyone on GBB was swooning over it as if Wikipedia was definitive proof of the chart's legitimacy.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
handy
Associate

Post by handy »

Does Vincent Basciano have any say in the Bonannos anymore?