Chicago Outfit-Related Murders 1970's

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Re: Chicago Outfit-Related Murders 1970's

Post by FriendofFamily »

Schweihs was an enforcer not a Boss - he kept people in line

Don't move him up he's high enough on the List

Just because you have people doing stuff for you - isn't a reason
Know which Game to Play
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

When Schweihs was saying "I'm the Boss" should be taken that I am all the Boss you need to see type of statement.
Know which Game to Play
Niagarafalls
Straightened out

Post by Niagarafalls »

How many murders was Schweihs involved in? Seemed like a stone cold killer. Chicago has always been interesting. So many killings and multiple guys with 5+ hits. How many guys in NYC in the 60s-80s that had that many hits under them? Probably not many
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Schweihs was definitely an experienced killer. Aleman's rep was possibly slightly exaggerated, but Schweihs's was certainly deserved.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Snakes wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:03 am Schweihs referring to himself as the "boss" was probably during the late eighties when he was essentially the street boss of the Grand Avenue crew. Jimmy Cozzo was acting on Lombardo's behalf as head of the territory but Schweihs was the guy who made sure everyone stayed in line.
Apparently what we've been led to believe about Cozzo isn't true. He wasn't made, so Louis Eboli, the capo of the old Aiuppa crew, was put in charge of both crews. Eboli was the acting boss of Grand Avenue while Lombardo was in prison, and that was until Eboli's death. So maybe it's uncertain who was the acting capo of Grand Avenue between 1987 and 1992, when Lombardo was released.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Schweihs was an enforcer nothing more
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Antiliar wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:13 pm
Snakes wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:03 am Schweihs referring to himself as the "boss" was probably during the late eighties when he was essentially the street boss of the Grand Avenue crew. Jimmy Cozzo was acting on Lombardo's behalf as head of the territory but Schweihs was the guy who made sure everyone stayed in line.
Apparently what we've been led to believe about Cozzo isn't true. He wasn't made, so Louis Eboli, the capo of the old Aiuppa crew, was put in charge of both crews. Eboli was the acting boss of Grand Avenue while Lombardo was in prison, and that was until Eboli's death. So maybe it's uncertain who was the acting capo of Grand Avenue between 1987 and 1992, when Lombardo was released.
Where did you hear he wasn't made? Red Wemette?
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

According to the Good Ship Lollipop Court Documents, Ferriola was the Capo of the Cicero Crew and Carlisi was the Capo of the Melrose Park Crew. No mention of Eboli being the Capo of any Auippa Crew.
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Snakes wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:08 pm
Where did you hear he wasn't made? Red Wemette?
Red was a close friend of Cozzo's and shouldn't be dismissed because he's trying to sell books.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Antiliar, you have wrong information. Snakes is correct.
Reference: United States versus International Brotherhood of Teamsters dated 7/12/1990
On page 40 of said Government Complaint against Senese, Talarico & Cozzo: Jimmy Cozzo is listed as a "made member" of Chicago La Cosa Nostra and is Joey Lombardo's right hand man and was the acting Boss of the Grand Avenue Crew when Lombardo was away.
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

Also, (as mentioned above in case you missed it), according to the Good Ship Lollipop Government Documents, Ferriola was the Boss of Cicero and Carlisi was the Boss of Melrose Park. There is no mention of Eboli being a Boss of any Auippa Crew.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I wouldn't say one is right and the other not. I agree Red shouldn't be dismissed but it's not entirely outside the realm of possibility that he was made sometime between 1988 (when Red became a government witness) and 2007, when Cozzo died.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Another interesting story regarding one of the hits was the Walter Wellington incident. Wellington allegedly killed himself by mistake while placing a bomb behind a bank. One story goes that after placing the bomb, he and his brother Silas Wellington joined their wives at a restaurant. Later Walter got nervous about the bomb not exploding on time ' and was afraid someone might accidentally get hurt. Immediately, together with his brother, Walter drove to the bank area and he insisted on inspecting the bomb, saying: "I planted it, I'll go get it" and as he leaned over the bomb through the rear view mirror of his car, the bomb went off and, according to his brother "All I saw was him going up in the air." 

Now this is the part where some strange things occurred like for example, Wellington’s brother Silas said he didn't get out of the car to help his own brother but instead he drove back to the restaurant and told the wives about what has happened. Now like every normal brother or normal human being, I believe that Silas should’ve at least go at the scene and just to throw a glimpse at his brother, just to see if he was in one piece. The second “mistake” is for not immediately calling an ambulance or the cops, but instead in the role of a scared little girl, he ran to the restaurant to inform the wives. I personally don’t believe in the story because of these next examples. While they were at the station, Wellington’s so-called family have told officials that they had been threatened with cryptic phone calls and messages by “unknown” individuals. According to prime investigator for the case Vagueness Redman, he said "I don't know, but there are so many loose ends, so many unexplained things. Too much to wrap up in a neat package” He also asked on why Wellington's tattooed right forearm was missing and why there were no lower teeth to compare. Redman also noted that a waitress saw Wellington wearing a yellow shirt and white shoes shortly before the blast, while the autopsy report said that the victim wore a brown shirt and pants. In reality, the victim’s top buttons of the trousers were unfastened which suggests that if the victim was already dead or unconscious, his abductor would be in a hurry and wouldn't bother with zippers and buttons. 

The investigator also said that someone other than Silas and Walter might’ve been present when the bomb went off. He said he believed a body was propped on the bomb, which was detonated by remote control by a person shielded by wall. "Would anyone go over to examine a bomb in the pitch dark without a flash light?” Redman asked. He noted no remnant of a flashlight was found, but a piece of the battery used in the bomb was found on the roof of Silas' car. Redman also noted that no bomb residue was found atop of Silas' car. "Who would explode a bomb which would draw people and cops like flies - to get a state trooper out of his house so hit men from Chicago could get him?" Redman asked. There was also one witness who saw Wellington before the explosion and testified that he saw the victim in his car and also said that his face was swollen and bruised. On this, Redman suggested that perhaps Wellington was previously beaten or tortured so they can find out where he stashed his money. Now if you ask me I believe that “someone” tried to make things look like an accident and so everything can be as it was. 
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Snakes, you're right, Cozzo could have been made later. That period is mystery in terms of making ceremonies. I have read elsewhere that Eboli did run the crew in Lombardo's absence though. I'll try to verify what crew he was with. I have his FBI file and so much is redacted that it's hard to come up with an answer from what's in it. What is unredacted is that he's always linked to Aiuppa and that he was a Melrose Park guy, but then again, two crews operated in Melrose Park (in the 1960s three crews operated there). He was given or took over Stone Park after Rocco Pranno. Guy Cervone was said to have been Eboli's enforcer. Eboli was said to have been the nephew of Guido De Chiaro, and an informant claimed that he was working under Joe Gags of the E.P. crew. He was also related by marriage to Sam Arriola, and Arriola had previously been connected with Ralph Capone.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Antiliar wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:51 pm Snakes, you're right, Cozzo could have been made later. That period is mystery in terms of making ceremonies. I have read elsewhere that Eboli did run the crew in Lombardo's absence though. I'll try to verify what crew he was with. I have his FBI file and so much is redacted that it's hard to come up with an answer from what's in it. What is unredacted is that he's always linked to Aiuppa and that he was a Melrose Park guy, but then again, two crews operated in Melrose Park (in the 1960s three crews operated there). He was given or took over Stone Park after Rocco Pranno. Guy Cervone was said to have been Eboli's enforcer. Eboli was said to have been the nephew of Guido De Chiaro, and an informant claimed that he was working under Joe Gags of the E.P. crew. He was also related by marriage to Sam Arriola, and Arriola had previously been connected with Ralph Capone.
The old and huge MP crew also included the faction from Stone Park, Northlake and Franklin Park which was possibly first overseen by Frank Rio and later by Albert Pranno (under DeGrazia) and after that by his brother Rocco (under Battaglia). Well that same faction brought up guys like Eboli and Cervone and was somehow responsible for the creation of the Grand Av group, also joined by former members of the old MP or Battaglia/Alderisio crew such as Spilotro and Caifano. Also Lombardo first came under Rocco Salvatore, another member from the old MP crew, and later became close with Alderisio and Caifano
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10