Genovese Bust Today 1/10

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Hailbritain
Full Patched

Re: Genovese Bust Today 1/10

Post by Hailbritain »

Esposito is going to be held on $6 M bond and placed on electronic surveillance. Probably won't be out for a day or two. Agents found $1 M cash inside the E. 77th st. Townhouse where his dad lived part-time with his mom when not on Sullivan street. And he was described as a high-ranking guy in the genovese family. Is it possible he could be a captain ?
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

However this article says all 5 are associates of the Genovese family

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/G ... 86563.html
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

The indictment describes the defendants as "members and associates" but doesn't go into any more detail. I imagine it would come out during the trial.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

https://nypost.com/2018/01/10/genovese- ... keteering/

Some interesting notes:
“feds also found a real mafia no-no in his basement, what old-time wiseguys might have called an “infamnia” — a​n actual​ list of “made members of La Cosa Nostra​,​” ​the prosecutor said.”

“feds also have about six months​’​ ​worth ​of wiretap evidence and a cooperating witness who’s “very close with the defendant, who’s part of his family who will be expected to testify against him at trial,”

“didn’t specify Esposito’s rank in the Genovese family, but said “money was kicked up to him,” with “at least several layers of lower-level workers” beneath the mob scion.

The government’s secret recordings also reveal “numerous references to his high-level position” and “people doing his bidding,” the prosecutor said.”

So there’s a list (hopefully released at trial), a rat, and it appears he’s likely a Capo (or higher).
Interesting stuff.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

This is very interesting. I had forgotten all about Esposito. Sounds like he's a Captain but i wouldn't be surprised if he was the elusive underboss we've been wondering about. Sounds like he's powerful with that part Sonny highlighted anyway. We'll find out soon i guess.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:09 pm https://nypost.com/2018/01/10/genovese- ... keteering/

Some interesting notes:
“feds also found a real mafia no-no in his basement, what old-time wiseguys might have called an “infamnia” — a​n actual​ list of “made members of La Cosa Nostra​,​” ​the prosecutor said.”

“feds also have about six months​’​ ​worth ​of wiretap evidence and a cooperating witness who’s “very close with the defendant, who’s part of his family who will be expected to testify against him at trial,”

“didn’t specify Esposito’s rank in the Genovese family, but said “money was kicked up to him,” with “at least several layers of lower-level workers” beneath the mob scion.

The government’s secret recordings also reveal “numerous references to his high-level position” and “people doing his bidding,” the prosecutor said.”

So there’s a list (hopefully released at trial), a rat, and it appears he’s likely a Capo (or higher).
Interesting stuff.
The article says they also found $1 million in cash in his house.

When you think about it, practically speaking, I imagine the families do have to keep a list somewhere of their members. How else are they going to keep track of everybody in the organization? Not sure what's the best way to do that but it's obviously something that should be kept by only a trusted high level guy and it's location known by only a few others.
All roads lead to New York.
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

@SonnyBlackstein, I read the same thing on another Publication/Article to verify because sometimes the Post over exaggerates a lil bit but sure enough... A list/Ledger of Made guys,Over a Mil in cash,2 guns,Brass knuckles and six months or whatever of wiretap recordings of people kicking up ! This changes ALoT of things, Is Gigantes Son the real boss/Head of the family with maybe Barney as Underboss or Street boss? Or the other way around ? Who knows ? Time will only tell ! And a load of great info should come out once this underling who was very close to Esposito and the administration Testifies ! This guy pulled a Jr Gotti !! Lmao
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:21 pmThe article says they also found $1 million in cash in his house.
See the value of his house? .... $12mil.

Was the list of buttons found with Junior ever published/released?

Think Esposito would have to plea. To much could come out at trial and with only relatively minor charges he'll probably only get a few years.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

Is this D'Acunto Jr? - http://www.local2d.com/id5.html
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Bklyn21 wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:51 pmThis changes ALoT of things, Is Gigantes Son the real boss/Head of the family with maybe Barney as Underboss or Street boss? Or the other way around ? Who knows ?
The feds do and they've already told us. Bellomo is the boss. DiChiara is street boss/consigliere. We don't know if there is an underboss.
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:00 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:21 pmThe article says they also found $1 million in cash in his house.

Think Esposito would have to plea. To much could come out at trial and with only relatively minor charges he'll probably only get a few years.
Doesn't surprise me about his house. We've seen many articles about how Chin left his family with money and cushy jobs.

I don't think the names found in Gotti Jr's house was ever made public. At least not that I recall. Nor the names they found on that list Quiet Dom had. Just that Lucchese induction list. And also the attendees at Gotti Jr's wedding.
All roads lead to New York.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

Jerry's post saying D'acunto is 29 must be a typo, he's 49 according to this - http://www.lawfuel.com/blog/mafia-membe ... -offenses/
Bklyn21
Full Patched

Post by Bklyn21 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:00 pm

That List found with Jr. Was published and released, I remember the list was the front cover of I think the daily news at the time. I tried looking for it so many times but can't find it anywhere
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

There's a Sal Cognetta: guessing a relative of Frank and a Vincent D'acunto Sr and Sal D'acunto pictured here as well - http://www.local2d.com/id12.html
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

Yeah, Vinnie Da Cunt is not 29.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Good find Camo. Good pics.